Author Topic: Poll: Majority of voters back Trump travel ban  (Read 7770 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poll: Majority of voters back Trump travel ban
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
Mmmmmhmmmmm, mmmmhmmmm, except...

This isn't 'Trump's travel ban.' This is a modification the Trump administration opposes.

So....we're playing semantic games?  Well, that's kind of making my point, in that it depends on how a poll is worded, when one starts trying to use polls as a support for one's claim/accusation

Perhaps Politico should pay attention to that next time.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 05:44:02 PM »
Absolutely.....given that its likely if the poll question is posed in the either of the latter 2 ways I presented, a majority of voters very likely would back the ban
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
you can`t say globally we`re worth a flight and to spend money on

Kimba I promise you they will come
A ban on Sudanese, Syrians, Guatemalans, etc...
wont affect tourism
heck people are rushing into hell-holes like Cuba
and anyone boycotting will most likely live in a country that lets in less people than we do
you live in a beautiful area
the Sir Francis Drake will be full!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 08:59:33 PM »

Majority in Leading EU Nations Support Trump-Style Travel Ban

by ALASTAIR JAMIESON

A majority of Europeans would support a Trump-style ban on further migration from mainly Muslim countries, according to a poll of more than 10,000 people in 10 countries.

An average of 55 percent of those surveyed for London-based think tank, Chatham House, agreed that immigration from Muslim majority countries should be halted.

The poll released Tuesday comes after a bruising 18 months that have seen a string of terrorist massacres linked to radical Islam as well as record-setting levels of migration that have created social tensions across the continent.

Majorities in all but two of the 10 countries polled supported a ban, ranging from 71 percent in Poland, to 53 percent in Germany, 47 percent in the United Kingdom and 41 percent in Spain. In no country did the percentage that disagreed surpass 32 percent.

Chatham House called the findings "striking and sobering" and said in a news release that the figures "suggest that public opposition to further migration from predominantly Muslim states is by no means confined to Trump's electorate."

The poll, carried out before President Trump took office and implemented his executive order on immigration, also found that the issue crossed the political spectrum, three-quarters of respondents in support of a ban self-classified as right-wing and more than a third said they were left-leaning.

The Chatham House poll, conducted with Kantar Public, surveyed samples of over-18s in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain and the U.K. Fieldwork was carried out between Dec. 12, 2016, and Jan. 11, 2017, and involved 10,195 respondents

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/europes-border-crisis/majority-leading-eu-nations-support-trump-style-travel-ban-poll-n718271
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 10:14:06 PM »
 When i fly the biggest hassle was customs and so I very much doubt most who travel thinks this will this will not effect them positively. More delay means less travelers. We're talking about people hard earn money. This is not a borcott but people not wanting to lose vacation time with customs when they can save money somewhere else. I want to go to cuba but this ban will delay me since i got no idea whats how to go since these changes are happening. I'm gonna wait a few years and see how if it stabilize. I learn the hard way google cannot give the most up to date data for travel .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Oh no...
Ha Ha....NOT!

actually I wasn`t thinking of that at all but that would hurt our economy if our labor force is less. I was think we will get less tourist. you can`t say globally we`re worth a flight and to spend money on

I am sure this is a consideration, but the harm would be that American workers would continue to be expensive to hire.
Which I am not against very much.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 08:52:14 PM »
When i fly the biggest hassle was customs and so I very much doubt most who travel thinks this will this will not effect them positively. More delay means less travelers. We're talking about people hard earn money. This is not a borcott but people not wanting to lose vacation time with customs when they can save money somewhere else. I want to go to cuba but this ban will delay me since i got no idea whats how to go since these changes are happening. I'm gonna wait a few years and see how if it stabilize. I learn the hard way google cannot give the most up to date data for travel .

Ok , that bothers me , I am in the aircraft business.

Even though I like the idea , I do see a negative consequence attached.

It is hard to do anything that doesn't do any harm at all.

So can the benefit amount to as much as the detriment?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 03:47:52 AM »
Anything we talk about here will not cover the entirety of this subject . I did say this may effect imports which will increase cost here. Don't forget these are muslims were stopping from comming here. Some of the most educated and most hard working people around that gotta have some drawbacks. I'm a guard and thier the most loyal people I know.
Ok . My opinion about muslims will be biased since I'm involved with one. So take it or leave it
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:53:45 AM by kimba1 »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 04:32:01 AM »
  I think that Muslims will continue to come and go even if President Trump gets his way entirely.

Persons that are from these six countries perhaps a little less.

In my opinion it is the presidents opposition that wants this to be about Islam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »
Bingo!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:02 AM »
It's quite hard to say it's not with so many hindu's being attacked here in america