Author Topic: The latest Russian nothing burger...with more baloney on the side  (Read 3908 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be truly hysterical.....the efforts that the Democrats and the media, behind the CNN party bus, have been trying for months to pin Trump with collusion with the Russian Government.  Never mind investigation after investigation after investigation has produced precisely ZERO evidence of any such....the band must plays on

Now we have the supposed "smoking gun" of Trump Jr having met with a Russian Government operative, to "dig up dirt" on Clinton.  Never mind the fact that she not only wasn't a government official/lawyer, but in fact when they found out there was nothing there, outside of talk about adoption, the supposed "collusion" quickly came to an end

And THIS is their smoking gun??  Sad
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:35:56 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The latest Russian nothing burger...with more baloney on the side
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
Let's see, all we have are repeated lies, denials, bullshit and obfuscation by Trump and his people about their contacts...I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase, 'Where there's smoke, there's fire', yes? As long as they keep lying, investigators will keep digging.

June 9, 2016
Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian national at Trump Tower to get damaging information about Hillary Clinton, according to the New York Times.

July 24, 2016
Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, appearing on ABC’s This Week, is asked by host George Stephanopoulos whether there are any connections between the Trump campaign and Russia or its president. “No, there are not,” he said. “That’s absurd. And you know, there’s no basis to it.”

July 24, 2016
CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Donald Trump Jr. about Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook’s accusation of Russian meddling in the DNC hacks. Trump Jr. responded:

Well it just goes to show you their exact moral compass. They’ll say anything to be able to win this. This is time and time again, lie after lie, you notice he won’t say, ‘well I say this’?—?‘we hear experts’, his housecat at home once said that this is what’s happening with the Russians. It’s disgusting, it’s so phony… I can’t think of bigger lies…

He later said he wanted his father to be president because “it’s not going to be about divisive politics, emails, accusing people of working with the Russian government.”

July 27, 2016
“I can tell you I think if I came up with that they’d say, ‘Oh, it’s a conspiracy theory, it’s ridiculous,’” Trump told a Miami-based CBS affiliate when asked about the idea that Russians were trying to help him get elected. “I mean I have nothing to do with Russia. I don’t have any jobs in Russia. I’m all over the world but we’re not involved in Russia.”

October 24, 2016
Trump told a rally in Florida that he had “nothing to do with Russia, folks. I’ll give you a written statement.”

November 11, 2016
In a statement responding to Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov’s interview with Interfax that “there were contacts” with Trump’s team, campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks said, “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

December 18, 2016
Trump’s final campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, stated with categorical certitude that no one involved with the Trump campaign had any contact with Russians trying to influence the election.

JOHN DICKERSON: All right. We are not going to get any insight into the president-elect’s thinking here, but let me try this. Did anyone involved in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?KELLYANNE CONWAY: Absolutely not. And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it’s a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it’s dangerous.

January 15, 2017
ABC’s John Dickerson asked then Vice President-elect Mike Pence, “Did any adviser or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the elections?”

“Well of course not,” Pence replied. “I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.

January 15, 2017
Pence also denied there had been any contact between Trump associates and anyone associated with the Kremlin, and questioned why such contacts would take place, in an interview on Fox News.

WALLACE: I’m asking a direct question: Was there any contact in any way between Trump or his associates and the Kremlin or cutouts they had?PENCE: I joined this campaign in the summer, and I can tell you that all the contact by the Trump campaign and associates was with the American people. We were fully engaged with taking his message to make America great again all across this country. That’s why he won in a landslide election.WALLACE:?—?if there were any contacts, sir, I’m just trying to get an answer.PENCE: Yes. I?—?of course not. Why would there be any contacts between the campaign? Chris, the?—?this is all a distraction, and it’s all part of a narrative to delegitimize the election and to question the legitimacy of this presidency. The American people see right through it.

February 7, 2017
Trump tweeted that he had no deals in Russia.

Feb. 14, 2017
ABC’s Jonathan Karl asked White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer whether he could “say definitively that nobody on the Trump campaign, not even General Flynn, had any contact with the Russians before the election?”

Spicer replied: “My understanding is that what General Flynn has now expressed is that during the transition period?—?well, we were very clear that during the transition period, he did speak with the ambassador…” Karl, following up, reiterated to clarify that the question was about “during the campaign.”

Spicer said, “I don’t have any … there’s nothing that would conclude me … that anything different has changed with respect to that time period.”

February 16, 2017
Trump again calls allegations of Russian collusion and election interference “fake news.”

Feb. 19, 2017
Reince Priebus, White House chief of staff, gave a blanket “no” when asked by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday whether the Trump team had any connections with Moscow.

Priebus went on later in the interview to add: “Let me give you an example. First of all, The New York Times put out an article with no direct sources that said that the Trump campaign had constant contacts with Russian spies, basically, you know, some treasonous type of accusations. We have now all kinds of people looking into this. I can assure you and I have been approved to say this?—?that the top levels of the intelligence community have assured me that that story is not only inaccurate, but it’s grossly overstated and it was wrong. And there’s nothing to it.”

Feb. 20, 2017
Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders repeated the denial during a press briefing that the Trump campaign had no contacts with Russian officials during the campaign. “This is a non-story because to the best of our knowledge, no contacts took place, so it’s hard to make a comment on something that never happened.”

February 24, 2017
Spicer was asked at another press conference about how the White House could better explain whether “the President has an improper relationship with Russia?”

Spicer replied: “Well, again, there are no connections to find out about. That’s the problem. I think, A, he’s answered it forcefully. You can’t disprove something that doesn’t exist. He’s talked about the fact how many times he’s talked to Putin. He has no interests in Russia. He has no?—?there’s only so many times he can deny something that doesn’t exist.”

February 26, 2017
Trump again calls allegations of Russian collusion and election interference “fake news.”

February 27, 2017
Spicer was asked in a press conference, “Can you not categorically deny there were no contacts between the Russians and anybody on the campaign?”

He began his answer by saying, “I can’t deny?—?I can’t?—?I guess my question is…”

The reporter clarified that “That’s what the investigation would look at.”

Spicer then attempted to reference other investigations to argue that there were no newsworthy connections between the Russians and Trump’s team:

Right. And I guess my point is, is that you’ve had the intelligence community look at Russia’s involvement in the election. You had the House and Senate both do the same. And so what I’m trying to ascertain is that at what point?—?how many people have to say that there’s nothing there before you realize there’s nothing there? I can’t say unequivocally?—?all I’m saying is, the people who have done the investigating about Russia overall and its activities in the United States, specifically now with respect to our election, haven’t provided anything that leads me to believe or should lead you to believe?—?and I continue to see reports coming from?—?there were media sources saying when they checked in with law enforcement, or intelligence community sources, there’s nothing more than has been previously reported over and over again. So, at some point, you do have to ask yourself, what are you actually looking for? How many times do you have to come to the same conclusion before you take the answer?

March 2017
“Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did,” Trump Jr. said in a March interview, according to the New York Times. “But none that were set up. None that I can think of at the moment. And certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.”

May 8, 2017
Trump called the collusion story “a total hoax.”

May 11, 2017
Trump asserted he had “nothing to do with Russia” during his famous interview with NBC’s Lester Holt.

“I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant?—?which I owned for quite a while?—?I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia,” Trump said.

He also explained his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey came about “When I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.’”

July 8, 2017
When the news that a meeting had in fact taken place was about to become public, Trump Jr. first said the topic was only about the issue of adoption rules.

“We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up,” Trump Jr. said in a statement before the Times story about the Trump team meeting with Kremlin lawyers was published.

July 9, 2017
Trump Jr. provided a much longer statement explaining what the meeting was actually about?—?campaign research instead of policy questions regarding international adoption?—?after the New York Times broke news about the meeting’s true purpose.

I was asked to have a meeting by an acquaintance I knew from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant with an individual who I was told might have information helpful to the campaign. I was not told her name prior to the meeting. I asked Jared and Paul to attend, but told them nothing of the substance. We had a meeting in June 2016. After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information. She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act. It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting. I interrupted and advised her that my father was not an elected official, but rather a private citizen, and that her comments and concerns were better addressed if and when he held public office. The meeting lasted approximately 20 to 30 minutes. As it ended, my acquaintance apologized for taking up our time. That was the end of it and there was no further contact or follow-up of any kind. My father knew nothing of the meeting or these events.

July 10, 2017
Trump Jr. then tried to minimize the importance of the meeting, implying that it was simply a chance to hear information about an opponent.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 05:57:36 PM »
My understanding is that Fusion GPS was behind the initial contacts with Trump JR. to set up the meet. Fusion GPS was the org behind the pee dossier that has been discredited.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »
Bingo

And one more time for H, hearsay, and innuendo do not an evidence make.  EVIDENCE of collusion is required.  Not wishful thinking and misapplication of mistatements

oy vey
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »
Fuck you.

All I'm saying, you smarmy smart-ass piece of shit, is if Trump et al had been truthful up front, they could have spared themselves a lot of grief.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:16:12 PM »
Nice civility......notice I never drop to that level.  All I'm saying is that Trump could be divine child of the Pope & George Washington, and the Democrats & Media would still be proclaiming his allegience to the Kremlim, minus of course, the continued zero evidence of such

::)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
Agreed Sirs....this is just more Fake News.

Where was the NY Times outrage when Hillary Clinton was serving as Secretary of State and Bill Clinton received $750,000 for two speeches, paid for by a Chinese business group and an entity controlled by the Chinese government?

"Bill Clinton gave a $500,000 speech in Russia. Next Hillary Clinton had given her approval in handing one-fifth of U.S. uranium to Russia, after which her foundation received $2.35 million from the Russian-controlled company. Suspiciously, Clinton did not disclose the transaction.

Likewise, Clinton campaign chief John Podesta sat on the board of a company that received $35 million from the Russian government alongside fellow board members Anatoly Chubais, a senior Russian official, and Ruben Vardanyan, an oligarch.

Given this context, why wouldn't Trump Jr. be open to taking a meeting that offered evidence of incriminating Clinton dealings with Russia, particularly when most of the media refused to look into Clinton's question-raising actions? "
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:47:07 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
....and for all the supposed "less than forthcoming" comments H throws at Trump, they were absolutely silent regarding the direct connections that Clinton, and the Clinton foundation had with all manner of Russian connections.  Add to that the Trump camp actually released the e-mail train involved, vs what the Clinton camp had done, in destroying all manner of e-mail chains....and bleach-bitting the servers....and physcially destryoing the blackberries.  But no, Trump is worse     ::)

The problen H has, is there was NOTHING illegal in simply meeting with a Russian lawyer, who he was told had some damaging stuff on Clinton.  When it was clear she didn't, end of meeting.  And even if she had.....IT STILL WASN'T COLLUSION WITH THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT.  Was the Clinton camp "colluding" with NBC in spearheading the release of Trump's testosterone-induced vulgar comments??  Both sides try to dig up dirt, wherever they can.  That's politics.

With whatever shortcoming Trump might have with the truth, there still is ZERO evidence of colluding between Trump & the Kremlin.  Did I mention ZERO, as in still a complete nothing burger?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 03:32:35 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
Here's where we can give H proper cudos....I'm confident he'd be raking Clinton over the coals as well, had she been elected.  To the same level as his vitriol aimed at Trump (or me, for that matter), hard to say.  But he is fairly universal in his condemnations. 

It's just that the current level of supposed "collusion" wouldn't even indict a ham sandwich.  Politically bad optics, perhaps, but that's all, while the still outstanding Clinton tray of corruption and DIRECT connections, to the Kremlin (and let's not forget the unfiltered recording of then President Obama promising how he could be far more "flexible" with the Russian Government, just preceding the 2012 elections), THAT apparently is all CNN approved, while the President's son meeting with a non Government Russian lawyer, preceding the 2016 elections......that''s simply unacceptable 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »
   Donald Trump Jr.

Had to go a long way

To find the one political operative on this planet

That knew no dirt on

Hillary Clinton.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 04:27:33 AM »
indeed