Author Topic: Getting pretty tough to convince people the police are safe  (Read 3616 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shooting the person who called 911 will and should give the public doubt

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Getting pretty tough to convince people the police are safe
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »
There is something special about this incident, I feel as if a major part of the story is missing.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »
Yeah i agree with you Plane. I am going to wait until the story completely unfolds before passing judgment. But i am beginning to think that maybe the police need to be armed with only less than lethal weapons.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
I notice also the story seemed very light but it also think it'll support an idea that the reason very little of these officers are convicted of these shootings. iIs the laws for police officers can be made for themto get away with these shootings. I got the idea here from the which the officers will always get more of the benefit of the doubt than the dead person killed. The support is here is highly onesided . I think the lack of camera footage will help the officer legally. It may even have precidences .

I predict no matter the outcome it will have the same effect as san jose which the officer like to kill vietnamese people. It eventually caused problems

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
personally i don't think most officers involved in shootings are "getting away" with anything.

most of them are justified in their actions.

in this case we'll have to see what exactly happened

heck the Obama Justice department couldn't find enough to indict in some of these cases.

there are of course instances where mistakes are made like in any profession
many times when it is a mistake it happens unplanned & in the heat of extreme pressure situation

personally I would think 95% of all Police shootings are justified.

A black suspect being killed by a black police officer were consistently greater
than the odds of a black suspect getting killed by a white officer.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/26/black-suspects-more-likely-to-be-shot-by-black-cop/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
The thing is I'm not thinking about race . The ferguson protest was composed mostly of whites and actually they were alot more troublesome than the black protesters.  I'm takking about are those justified incident the right course of action for the officer to take. Example like be asked for id and getting shot for reaching for the walket.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 02:44:08 PM »
yes Kimba i see what you are saying....do you carry any type of weapon (gun, stun gun, tear gas, baton) in your career in security?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 01:42:52 AM »
gun,straight baton,pepper spray when i guarded battle ships in the navy yard. the training was minimul compared to the radiation safety courses require for that job. I worked with some serious gung ho police officers that I`m surprised got the job. talk about danger to the public. my job experience has colored me to how safe they are to the public.

lets just say the vetting process is not the best. one of my good friends in the force almost knocked me out in a sleeper hold. that`s how bad it is

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-chief-breaks-silence-on-womans-fatal-shooting/ar-AAowzrb?ocid=UE12DHP

This is not a lot of information.

I have an idea that this is a case of an officer in panic due to things he perceived that were not true.

Recent executions of Police by people ambushing them might be what he had in his mind, but if this is so much the uppermost thought in his mind than he was useless as a policeman.

There is a lot of quiet going on , the full set of facts might not be available for a while.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 02:52:43 AM »
that`s old news now
the chief has resign due to the mayors request and turns out this is the 3rd police involved shooting in that town. the towns folks seemedmore upset with the mayor than about the police. I personally think the mayor made changes that may of weakened the police dept. .i experienced something similiar that resulted in a couple of deaths and that mayor refused to believed thiers a problem
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:18:42 AM by kimba1 »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 12:31:38 AM »
it`s looked so bad now i honestly think if i ever get pulled over Ill say my last rites . not resisting does not look safe anymore. At least when this happened in san jose the police made and effort to get along with the community. I notice very little from the police community about this