Author Topic: Is Trump the new Abbie Hoffman?  (Read 4434 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Is Trump the new Abbie Hoffman?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
he plays them like a violin....lol

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »
lol....makes 'em look like fools!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOejMIC9u4

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »
Unfortunately for the Times, Trump is neither a political activist nor a social activitist.  He's merely blunt & politically incorrect.  Sorry to spoil such a good Trump-bashing opinion piece, that the NY Times has stockpiled in
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »
Abie Hoffman would be a better president than Trump.
They both are disruptive. but Trump has no sense of humor.
\
I would never vote for either of them for anything.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 03:35:05 AM »
Good for you.  I just keep thanking God, and the country, that your pick didn't come to fruition.  Country sure dodged a bullet there
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
Trump's promised healthcare that was to give everyone access to affordable care for less money turned out to be a huge  lie . It is obvious that the schmuck knew nothing about the subject when he claimed that "no one knew it would be so complicated".

His tax plan is essentially a huge gift to people like himself  and the robber barons in his cabinet, and would  simply run up the debt while doing dumb shit like taxing graduate assistants for the value of their free tuition and putting a 20% tariff on imports from Puerto Rico.

The ignorant bastard  should be frogmarched beyond the Beltway and left to freeze in a snowdrift. But impeachment will probably have to do.

Both Hillary and Bernie would have been far better that this pussy-grabbing, ignorant retweeter.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 01:14:15 PM »
How was it a lie??  A lie is something along the lines of..... You can keep your Dr and health insurance, if you like it, with the knowledge that was never going to be the case

The tax plan gives tax relief to EVERYONE that pays taxes.  Those that PAY MORE, will fairly receive more in tax relief.  That is the personification in the definition of fairness

I just keep thanking God, and the country, that your pick didn't come to fruition.  Country sure dodged a bullet there

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
actually that tax plan is to encourage more off shore money to be brought into the states. the present state of taxes makes it very tough for big business to bring it in. Problem is would these companies do it within predictable amount? take party politics aside but in matter of taxes thiers always an issue not predicted .  example consumption in the U.S. is quite low due to nationwide personal expenses are very high. businesses may just keep the money and cry hardship.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
businesses may just keep the money and cry hardship.

Kimba my business is small...but I have told my accountant and my ops mgr that if we see any new monies from a new possible corporate tax cut that I want every dime given to our employees and to make it very clear that the new money they see is from the tax cut the Republicans passed.....I hope it works out....and they are both employees so they will benefit too and are motivated to make it happen....I want none of the new money!

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »
I said this due to when bush tried to propose a tax rebate plan and many businesses admit saying it would not go to wages. Do not forget presently many businesses oppose raising minimum wages and have been very successful in slowing down it`s rise.  so it`s not unreasonable to think  those businesses would not put the money into payroll.  I`m glad your actually doing this but we don`t know this will be common.  One would think since this is so public that businesses would raise wages but I did say they may claim hardship as an excuse.