Author Topic: Fox censors emmys  (Read 5705 times)

yellow_crane

Fox censors emmys
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »

Sally Fields in her acceptance speech was talking and ended where it appeared to be a remark about how "mothers" viewed something or other, when the sound was cut off, and the image moved to an overhead of a complex, probably where the Emmy's were being held.

It appeared to me to be about the Iraq War.

No surprise, since the Emmy Show was covered by Fox, which is owned by Murdoch but is programmed by the Bush people--with Ailes, a cousin, having the final say about all things political.

A noble cause would be to launch a campaign to blister the Emmy's people into promising that they are all through with Fox.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Fox censors emmys
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:10:27 PM »
They hit the 7 second button when she said God Damn.

yellow_crane

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:25:15 PM »
They hit the 7 second button when she said God Damn.

Actually, Roger Ailes, who is kin to the bush family and is the decider of what news gets on the air, hit the 7 second button when she said 'this God damned war . . ."

Fox censored the comment because a middle road, sane and sensible icon of Hollywood offered the critical comment of the Bush Family War--the War in Iraq.

Fox "spun" the 'God damned,' feeling goddamned glad it was workable, at least to those whose lips are locked to the Bush anal fount, but to those who think and are not fooled, the spin was yet another example of cynical surreptition.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:18:05 AM »
Actually, Roger Ailes, who is kin to the bush family and is the decider of what news gets on the air, hit the 7 second button when she said 'this God damned war . . ."

I doubt Ailes was anywhere near the control room. The Emmys were not on Fox News. And since when is he related to the Bush's.

Got a source?

yellow_crane

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 01:12:09 AM »

I doubt Ailes was anywhere near the control room. The Emmys were not on Fox News. And since when is he related to the Bush's.

Got a source?

I was wrong about Ailes being related to the family.  That was John Ellis, who was in charge of the Fox News coverage of the elections.  Ailes was Old Bush's campaign manager and media consultant before he took over running the Bush family propaganda machine--Fox.

Either could have stopped the political comment by Fields.

The button was hardly pushed by some lackey.  This was a major decision for a network to call, and it was political.  And what source have you to back up your "doubt" that Ailes was in the room.  Do you "doubt" he had his phone against his head over this deal?   

Richpo64

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
>>... hit the 7 second button when she said 'this God damned war ... <<

God damn is one of those curses that won't get past any sencors. that's all that was bleeped. You heard "this <nothing> war." I suspect yellow heard what he wanted to hear.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 11:43:44 PM »
Plus it is a different network.

Paranoia runs deep

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 08:03:51 PM »
What's funny is one of my sites I check every day has a video of guys on Fox Noise saying god damn several times.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 08:04:29 PM »
Further, god damn is not a bleepable phrase according to the FCC.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »
Technically, Field's censored words are not profane. A 2004 FCC ruling specifically stated no objection to the use of "goddamn" on TV when making a judgment on the uproar over Bono swearing at the Golden Globes in 2003 where he used more colorful language.

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2004/FCC-04-43A1.html

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 12:13:29 AM »
Guess the control room guys didn't get the memo.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 12:15:39 AM »
What's funny is one of my sites I check every day has a video of guys on Fox Noise saying god damn several times.

Fox News is a Cable Channel, they operate under different rules than overthe air broadcast channels. 

Richpo64

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
>>Fox News is a Cable Channel, they operate under different rules than overthe air broadcast channels.<<

True. They generally have more class.