Author Topic: U.S. Navy Comes Through for McCain, Son & Grandson of Admirals  (Read 4966 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: U.S. Navy Comes Through for McCain, Son & Grandson of Admirals
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 12:48:42 AM »
Doubt this is reason to go to war with Iran.

But i also doubt that McCain has a long enough reach to get Iranians to provoke the Navy.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
One of those dangerous boats was powered by two Mercury outboards.l

Only Bush could use the word "provocative" in the face of such absurdity.

To gain perspective, perhaps Bush could sit down and watch "The Mouse That Roared."

To gain perspective, perhaps you should remember that a similar type of boat did the below damage to the USS Cole, killing 17 service members and wounding 39 others.

Sometimes, mice do roar.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

yellow_crane

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 01:06:29 AM »
One of those dangerous boats was powered by two Mercury outboards.l

Only Bush could use the word "provocative" in the face of such absurdity.

To gain perspective, perhaps Bush could sit down and watch "The Mouse That Roared."

To gain perspective, perhaps you should remember that a similar type of boat did the below damage to the USS Cole, killing 17 service members and wounding 39 others.

Sometimes, mice do roar.

Only if you are asleep.

All that artillary to pop a little boat and all those devices to make the aim accurate.

This knowledge allowed our ships to let them roar.

Those commanding the Navy ships at least knew the extent of the threat.

Bush's reaction was pathetic, seems to suggest he has chosen outboard motor boats as the latest threat of a weapon of mass destruction.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 01:33:27 AM »
Only if you are asleep.

Or if you discount small boats as not being threats.

They weren't asleep on the Cole, either.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 02:26:29 AM »
Perhaps this helped Hillary too.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 06:11:41 AM »
<<Doubt this is reason to go to war with Iran.>>

Let's keep this in perspective here.  The Navy wasn't trying to provoke a war - - this time.  They just wanted to give McCain a nice little boost.  The bonus was, it would also give Hillary a helping hand with Obama too.  Both Hillary and Obama are sell-outs (IMHO) but the Navy and the military-industrial establishment they serve know that Hillary's a sell-out and they aren't all that sure about Obama.  The uppity little n****r actually went and voted against the war in the beginning.  What kind of a way is that for a man to ingratiate himself with the ruling class?

Looking a little further down the road, in a Hillary-McCain contest, they can always count on the sheeple going for The Warrior as opposed to The Woman, particularly if they stir the pot a little more at similar strategic intervals in the campaign.  If the sheeple haven't twigged to their shenanigans by now, odds are they never will.

<<But i also doubt that McCain has a long enough reach to get Iranians to provoke the Navy. >>

Yeah.  Like McCain would be caught dead anywhere in the vicinity.  As I said previously, in response to the same inane argument, the little twerp wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.  Besides which, this has nothing to do with the Iranians provoking the Navy, it's more likely the Navy provoking the Iranians.  And McCain would have nothing to do with it anyway.  This was the Navy's unsolicited little gift to their boy - - and to the military-industrial complex which they both serve.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 08:52:33 AM »
The uppity little n****r actually went and voted against the war in the beginning.  What kind of a way is that for a man to ingratiate himself with the ruling class?

So, what was the date of Obama's vote against the war?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:11:25 AM »
He didn't vote against it, he spoke out against it very early.  He said in October 2002:

<<Senator Barack Obama (D-Il), then an Illinois state senator, delivered these remarks in October 2002 at the Federal Plaza in Chicago.

<<"I stand before you as someone who is not opposed to war in all circumstances. The Civil War was one of the bloodiest in history, and yet it was only through the crucible of the sword, the sacrifice of multitudes, that we could begin to perfect this union and drive the scourge of slavery from our soil.

<<I don't oppose all wars. My grandfather signed up for a war the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, fought in Patton's army. He fought in the name of a larger freedom, part of that arsenal of democracy that triumphed over evil.

<<I don't oppose all wars. After September 11, after witnessing the carnage and destruction, the dust and the tears, I supported this administration's pledge to hunt down and root out those who would slaughter innocents in the name of intolerance, and I would willingly take up arms myself to prevent such tragedy from happening again.

<<I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

<<What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income, to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression.

<<That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.>>

(from www.usliberals.com)

Now ask me which particular admiral called him an uppity little n****r.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
which particular admiral called him an uppity little n****r.?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »
My challenge was purely sarcastic and rhetorical, more of a comment on the nit-picking tendencies of my conservative friends to pick up on a piece of humorous paraphrasing as if I had been putting it forward as an actual historical quotation and then challenging me on it.

Here's a historical fact, though:  Did you know that the lies and mendacity of the U.S. Navy aren't limited to just the Straits of Hormuz and the Tonkin Gulf?  They actually  managed to provoke the Spanish-American War by blowing up their own ship, the Maine, and their own sailors, in Havana harbour.  We saw the anchor and other relics of the Maine in a museum in Havana, where the guide explained to us that all of the ship's officers "just happened to be" off the ship when it exploded.  Hundreds of sailors but not a single officer were killed in the explosion.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »
Throw in the US Navy testing radiation on her own sailors. The USS Iowa turret explosion in which the Navy falsely accused the dead sailor of being a suicidal homosexual who crafted an explosive device and destroyed the turret himself (ignoring the fact that he was a last minute replacement for the duty station that day). When scientists looked over the data they found that inadequate training, a new turret captain, and the use of a fast burning propellent (as opposed to the typical propellent used) were to blame for the accident.

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
And now you can add using fake audiotapes to their long list of lies and bullshit.  I previously pointed out in this thread my own view that the tape sounded really phony.  Here's more:

<<The audio tape is even less convincing, mainly because the person speaking doesn't have an Iranian accent and moreover, sounds more like Boris Karloff in a horror movie than a sailor in the elite branch of Iran's military. (The tape is also separate from any video.) Any Iranian can immediately identify Persian-accented English, particularly if the speaker has had little contact with the West, as is the case with Revolutionary Guardsmen and sailors. Iranians, you see, have difficulty with two consonants such as "p" and "l" next to each other; even Iranians who have lived in America for years will often pronounce "please" as "peh-leeze", or in this case, "explode" as "exp-eh-lode". On the tape, "explode" is pronounced perfectly, albeit as if the speaker was a villain addressing a superhero. Further, it is unimaginable, given what is known about the Revolutionary Guards (and I have met many), that one of its corps would speak in a such a manner, even if the accent were correctly Persian.>>

If you want to read the whole article, it's here:    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hooman-majd/its-a-fake_b_80682.html

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »
Here's a historical fact, though:  Did you know that the lies and mendacity of the U.S. Navy aren't limited to just the Straits of Hormuz and the Tonkin Gulf?  They actually  managed to provoke the Spanish-American War by blowing up their own ship, the Maine, and their own sailors, in Havana harbour.  We saw the anchor and other relics of the Maine in a museum in Havana, where the guide explained to us that all of the ship's officers "just happened to be" off the ship when it exploded.  Hundreds of sailors but not a single officer were killed in the explosion.

Since a number of ship's officers were killed when it sank, and the Captain was on board making preparations for making way for New Orleans, I'd say that the guide was pretty much full of shit.

The National Geographic investigated this sinking not too long ago; they came to the conclusion that it was sunk by an outside explosion, most likely a mine placed by the Spanish.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
So the guide had his sources and the National Geographic had theirs.  I wonder though if the National Geographic ever did an investigation of the Tonkin Gulf incident or the alleged WMD that never were found.  Just askin.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »
So the guide had his sources and the National Geographic had theirs.

Yeah, I guess no one looked for bullet holes in the back of the skulls of the dead officers, huh?