Author Topic: There Will Be Blood?  (Read 2509 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
There Will Be Blood?
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »
Ok, I went to see it and it wasn't disappointing exactly, but it wasn't what I had anticipated and so it was different from my expectations.

It's never good to into a movie with expectations and I had read too many reviews that promised me a new Citizen Kane so I was anticipated Citizen Kane and this was a new Citizen Kane.

Daniel Day Lewis is amazing and there are lots of great scenes and he rules the film as the main character, Daniel Plainview.

The kid of Little Miss Sunshine, Paul Dano is really good but falls short of the brilliance his role could exhibit.  The part should have been played by a, yes, young actor, but someone a little older than him because when he is shown later in his life, he comes across as a kid in grown ups clothes.

There are many relationships and clashes between factions in the film which alwasy heightens the involvement thus the enjoyment of historical films.  Capitalism clashes with religion.  Self-interest vs Selflessness.  Father vs son and so forth.

I will see it again because there were some scenes that the audience found amusing that I think could have been profoundly moving if considered on a deeper level than what is happening on the screen.

My prediction is Day-Lewis will win another Oscar and perhaps Anderson will win best adapted screenplay but it will not ring through ages though I hope it will.

fatman

Re: There Will Be Blood?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »
I thought that this was the most boring, over-hyped movie of the year.  I literally fell asleep before finishing it.

Different tastes I guess.