Author Topic: LOST: Season 4, ep. 2-4 (Fair warning--SPOILERS INSIDE!)  (Read 2606 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LOST: Season 4, ep. 2-4 (Fair warning--SPOILERS INSIDE!)
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:19:24 AM »
So, boys and girls, has this been a good season so far or what?  The freighter crew are there for Ben. Miles is a ghost finder who talks in code. Jacob's house moves around. Sayid ends up working as a hitman for Ben. And Kate ends up with Claire's baby. What is up with that? And what is with Jack's story about eight survivors of Oceanic 815? And who are the two that die to make it the Oceanic Six?

Thing is, I want more clues about the story of the island. A 31 minute time gap? Wha? And what's with that huge, four-toed statue foot anyway? And who is that Richard Alpert guy? And what the heck is Jacob?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: LOST: Season 4, ep. 2-4 (Fair warning--SPOILERS INSIDE!)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »
So, boys and girls, has this been a good season so far or what?  The freighter crew are there for Ben. Miles is a ghost finder who talks in code. Jacob's house moves around. Sayid ends up working as a hitman for Ben. And Kate ends up with Claire's baby. What is up with that? And what is with Jack's story about eight survivors of Oceanic 815? And who are the two that die to make it the Oceanic Six?

Thing is, I want more clues about the story of the island. A 31 minute time gap? Wha? And what's with that huge, four-toed statue foot anyway? And who is that Richard Alpert guy? And what the heck is Jacob?

Here in lies the rub with LOST for me.  They're opening all these other cans of worms and yet they haven't explained some of the others.

I guess that is supposed to be part of the appeal but it is kind of at a point again where I'll say to my wife, "what ever happened to the smoke?" and "Wasn't there another group of "Others" who were dirty all the time?"  and "If Ben and his gang were pretending to be all dirty and stuff, WHY and where are all those people now?!?~?"

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:54:42 AM »

Here in lies the rub with LOST for me.  They're opening all these other cans of worms and yet they haven't explained some of the others.

Well, the producers of the show insist all will be answered in time. And I think most people would be bored with the show if all previous questions were answered before moving onto new ones. And we do know now that there will be a definite end to the series and that they are working towards that end. There is a lot I still want to know, but the ride has been, for the most part, pretty good so far, so I am willing to trust the show's makers to take me to the end.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 02:03:59 PM »
I am getting a bit tired of all the wacko mysteries involving that island, the Dharma Initiative and such.
There are too many mysteries, some of them making no sense at all, like the smoke.

Preceding each new episode with an edited one is sort of helpful.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."