Author Topic: Obama's Dimestore "Mien Kampf"  (Read 78682 times)

Rich

Re: Obama's Dimestore "Mien Kampf"
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2008, 10:44:09 PM »
I see my stalker is still around.

Poor little queenie.

Rich

« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2008, 11:20:35 PM »
>>Insulting you?<<

Yes, me. And sirs of course. Are you that blind you don't see what you write?? I tried to put and end to it, but you just can't seem to shut your big fucking mouth. Sirs had explained the objection to you twenty times, and yet you continue to lecture us on how stupid we are for misunderstanding you benignly associating Hitler with Christianity. Plane has tried to explain that you are going about this the wrong way and yet you simply can't seem to shut up. I even told you I understood your intentions, but you felt that warrented calling me stupid.

So do me a favor, don't parse this post into a 1000 word response, because I won't read it. I believe you when you say your intention wasn't to smear Christianity with a Nazi brush.

::) Good grief.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:09 AM »

I believe you when you say your intention wasn't to smear Christianity with a Nazi brush.

Then what the frak are you bitching about?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:19 AM »

I even told you I understood your intentions, but you felt that warrented calling me stupid.

I most definitely did not call you stupid.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:33 AM »

Plane has tried to explain that you are going about this the wrong way and yet you simply can't seem to shut up.

If I just laugh at you and Sirs, and say something kinda like, oh, say, "LMAO@ Christian Nationalism!", will that be the right way to handle it?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »

Sirs had explained the objection to you twenty times, and yet you continue to lecture us on how stupid we are for misunderstanding you benignly associating Hitler with Christianity.

When he says neither JS nor I ever clarified the comments, when clearly such was done and repeatedly so, then yeah, there is something wrong on his end of the conversation. You agreeing with him that we had not clarified anything isn't exactly a sign that you're giving us any credit for having clarified the matter. If you can't see that, it isn't my fault. If that is insulting to you, well, that isn't my fault either.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2008, 12:56:50 AM »
I not addressing this post to anyone in particular, but I'm going to get somethings off my chest for the sake of trying to explain myself and in the hopes that some measure of understanding might come from this.

First of all, I know that misunderstandings occur. I misunderstanding things other people say often enough to not fault other people for that. So okay, Christian nationalism is not a term as common as I believed it to be. Okay, so someone might think use of that term is intended to imply that Christianity is some how and some way a fundamental building block of fascism. But I explained that was not what it meant and was not used in a manner that would mean that. So what I don't understand is why after making that explanation, many times, I then get told that I never clarified that. I know I did clarify it. I can point directly to the times I did, but I'm told that I did not. On top of which, I get told I am the one in the wrong for saying I don't understand why I've been told that.

Being told that I did not say what I know I did more than once actually say is frustrating for me. What am I doing wrong, I ask myself. How can I possibly be more clear than I have been? I don't know. I try and try to explain. I try and try to understand why the same objection comes back to me along with an insistence that I have not said what I clearly have said.

As if that isn't bad enough, I get told I'm making some sort of horrible implication that Christianity is somehow part and parcel with Nazism. Why would I do such a thing? I'm a Christian. I don't hide it. Why would I try to make such a connection? And how it the accusation that I am making such a connection not an insult to me?

By know I'm sure someone is going to want to accuse me of trying to gain pity. I'm not. I'm just expressing my frustration. I don't need pity. What I want is understanding. I'm trying to understand. Maybe if I explain my own thinking, someone else will understand. Maybe I really am just a stupid fool for not understanding how this is all my fault, but I confess, I just don't believe I am or that this is all my fault. But I've been wrong before. So if you've got any ideas that would help me out, send me a message.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2008, 01:17:05 AM »
Being told that I did not say what I know I did more than once actually say is frustrating for me. What am I doing wrong, I ask myself. How can I possibly be more clear than I have been? I don't know. I try and try to explain. I try and try to understand why the same objection comes back to me along with an insistence that I have not said what I clearly have said.

At the point of diminishing returns , stop and drop the campaign, it would be like Sysipus realising that his rock is a perfectly good rock at the bottom of the hill.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2008, 02:35:02 AM »
point of diminishing return

- That point at which total production begins to increase at a decreasing rate with successive application of inputs.

http://www.marketingpower.com/mg-dictionary-view2415.php

law of diminishing return

- After a certain point has been reached, each successive application of a factor of production will add less to total output than before

[And worst of all]
point of negative return
  - That point at which total production decreases absolutely with successive applications of inputs. 

Or in other words , have you ever been sweeping a floor and noticed a little line of dirt that marked the frount edge of the dustpan?

When you resweep you get that up , except for a very small line that marks the frount of the dustpan.

Repeating this iteration forever will continually reduce the little line without ever eliminateing it.

I beleive you could apply Calculus to this and determine a rate , if you cared to , but that would be far beyond any expected return.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2008, 03:46:09 AM »
Point taken. I'll try to remember that in the future.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
The way to get that last little line of dust off the floor is to wet a piece of paper, and sweep it up with that.

Of course, whether one does this or not is entirely voluntary.

I would not deny Sirs the FREEDOM to have a small line of dust on his floor.

A good example of 'Christian nationalism' would be the Christian Identity Movement. They seem to believe that God's true Chosen People are the English.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »
The way to get that last little line of dust off the floor is to wet a piece of paper, and sweep it up with that.

Of course, whether one does this or not is entirely voluntary.

I would not deny Sirs the FREEDOM to have a small line of dust on his floor.

A good example of 'Christian nationalism' would be the Christian Identity Movement. They seem to believe that God's true Chosen People are the English.

In other words , a complete change in approach at the point that one approach has reached the point of diminishing return.

I can go along with that.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »

In other words , a complete change in approach at the point that one approach has reached the point of diminishing return.

Okay. That makes sense.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »

Okay. That makes sense.

Even a combination of approaches will still reach an  asymptote.

Way out there, next door to infinity , that last bit of convergence to zero  fights to preserve the last tiny fraction of unclaimed territory.

The labor theory of value doesn't take into account the well-established law of diminishing marginal utility, which states that the value to the customer declines with additional consumption of the good in question.
http://search20.info.com/diminishing%20minimum?CMP=3525&itkw=diminishing%20minimum

http://ltcconline.net/greenl/courses/Indices/calculusIndex.htm#i
If relative standards of well-being do indeed matter more than absolute standards above a certain minimum threshold, then the fundamental microeconomic assumption of diminishing marginal utility will have to be reexamined.