Author Topic: Oh.... the irony  (Read 8464 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Oh.... the irony
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
Obama to possibly bypass Public Financing
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Oh.... the irony
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
The silence from the Obama supporters is deafening       ;)     The spearhead of hard core leftist agenda, the beacon of "Ask not what you can do for your country, demand what your country can do for you", possibly going "the white richman's" approach.  Funny how when the GOP was doing better at fundraising, demands for Public Financing were common place. 

Oh....the irony
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
What's funny is I think I read something just yesterday saying that he was going to ACCEPT public financing.  I'll try to find that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
Keep in mind, that this original story is referencing what he was considering doing.  You'd think this beacon of the left wouldn't have even considered it...disclaiming right from the beginning his intention of going the Public Finance route.  Apparently leftist politicians swimming in cash contributions are not any different that RW politicians swimming in cash contributions

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »
Keep in mind, that this original story is referencing what he was considering doing.  You'd think this beacon of the left wouldn't have even considered it...disclaiming right from the beginning his intention of going the Public Finance route.  Apparently leftist politicians swimming in cash contributions are not any different that RW politicians swimming in cash contributions

If he does or if he doesn't, makes no diff to me.  I hope he doesn't but he does, that would just raise my estimation of him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 03:20:47 PM »

If he does or if he doesn't, makes no diff to me.

LOL.....right on cue.  Yet another item, you'd be condemning up the ying yang for, if this were a Republican, gets a pass with Obama. 

Oh.....the hypocri.....I mean irony    :D

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »

If he does or if he doesn't, makes no diff to me.

LOL.....right on cue.  Yet another item, you'd be condemning up the ying yang for, if this were a Republican, gets a pass with Obama. 

Oh.....the hypocri.....I mean irony    :D

Of course, you'll conveniently forget but I said the same thing back when Dean opted out.  I wished he hadn't but he did and that's it.

Till they FORCE candidates to only use public financing (which they should) then candidates will simply opt out.  It sucks but oh well, they wrote the law to govern their own crimes against democracy.

Whattyagonnado?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 03:27:15 PM »
Stick to one's principles, and if they believe Public Financing is the be all, end all, way to go.  That they stick with it, and not even consider any thing other. 

That's what they could do....IF they had the conviction

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
Stick to one's principles, and if they believe Public Financing is the be all, end all, way to go.  That they stick with it, and not even consider any thing other. 

That's what they could do....IF they had the conviction

So?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
So, apparently conviction and principle are only as strong as one's pocketbook.  But hey, he's your guy, and walks on water     8)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
So, apparently conviction and principle are only as strong as one's pocketbook.  But hey, he's your guy, and walks on water     8)

Never said that he walks on water.

But you're, of course, welcome to your own opinion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »
And my opinion would include an obligation on your part in refraining from criticisms aimed at Republicans based on any association they might have with a religious figure or any substantial amount of money they're able to raise legally, especially if it happens to surpass your guy.

That is, if you want to avoid highlighting the hypocrisy label

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
And my opinion would include an obligation on your part in refraining from criticisms aimed at Republicans based on any association they might have with a religious figure or any substantial amount of money they're able to raise legally, especially if it happens to surpass your guy.

That is, if you want to avoid highlighting the hypocrisy label

You might want to point out at least one instance of my having knocked someone for having raised more money that "my guy".

It has always been my stance that public financed elections are the way to go but until someone grows some balls and forces it through, we'll never have 'em.

My disdain for religious advisors is well-documented but that stance has ZERO to do with the other.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
Suppose you had to choose between (a) running the country for 4 years, or (b) losing an election because of a lack of campaign funds, what would you do?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »
And my opinion would include an obligation on your part in refraining from criticisms aimed at Republicans based on any association they might have with a religious figure or any substantial amount of money they're able to raise legally, especially if it happens to surpass your guy.  That is, if you want to avoid highlighting the hypocrisy label

You might want to point out at least one instance of my having knocked someone for having raised more money that "my guy".

I recall frequent condemnations layed at the feet of the GOP during the 2000, 2002, 2004, and even 2006, for the vast amount of money they were bringing in (consistently more than the Democrats),  That it was out of control, and that such amounts were pretty much gonna dictate policy by those who contributed the most, thus the cries for Public financing.  Now, with Obama making so much and more than his GOP rival, it "makes no diff to you"

My disdain for religious advisors is well-documented but that stance has ZERO to do with the other.

As I said, we should not expect to see any further criticism/condemnations aimed at any Republican running for anything, based on any association they have with any religious personality, much less a close spiritual advisor, intimate with the candidate. It has "zero" to do with the other, right?