Author Topic: Yugster surprise bundle vs. Woot! Bag o' crap.  (Read 6803 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yugster surprise bundle vs. Woot! Bag o' crap.
« on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:07 PM »
I have consistently failed in my attempts to score the Woot! Bag O' Crap, which has included some really nice items. I have ordered, out of frustration, the Yugster Surprise Bundle, which is $15 postpaid and is said to include three different items.

I am hoping that none of them are sandals or action figures (I would find a poseable Daddy Roth Ratt Fink action figure, I suppose, but I don't think such an entity exists.

I shall inform you when my bundle arrives, so as to let you know.
I never buy lottery tickets, so I can justify a total flop that way. Plus, perhaps it will be something I can use as a gift.

Has anyone ever ordered or had any experience with either the surprise bundle or the bag o' crap?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Yugster surprise bundle vs. Woot! Bag o' crap.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »
I will confess right here and now that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »
I will confess right here and now that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Color me confused too.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 12:20:09 AM »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:24:08 AM »
Huh. Okay.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 08:54:46 AM »

woot.com is an online store that sells one item at a deep discount with only $5 for shipping each day. They specialize in electronics, especially refurbs and discontinued models,and what can best be described as "electronic novelties". They have offered Roomba robotic vacuums for as low as $59.99, maybe less. I first heard about woot! from kimba, actually, and have bought am MP3 player and some other electronics from them over the past two years.Once a woot! has been sold out, there are no more of anything sold for the day, normally.

Upon occasion, woot! has a limited number of unsold items than they do not have a sufficient number of to offer as all-day woots, and these they sell, normally at the end of the month, at a very deep discount, as the woot! "Bag O' Crap". The "Bag O' Crap" is basically a $5 grab bag: some may get an MP3 player, another may get a pin drive of large capacity, another a jpg photo frame, but no one knows what they are getting until they receive it. No one is permitted to purchase more than three "bags o' crap", and they are always sold out in a matter of minutes, starting at midnight, Pacific Time.

I hope that this is adequate to explain both woot! and yugster to the unknowing.

Yugster,com takes its name from the acronym "Yours Until Gone", and is similar to woot.com, except they announce what will be on sale the next day, and they are a newer company. Instead of the "bag o' crap", which may be ordered in as many as three units, the yugster Surprise Bundle sells three items plus one fee for shipping, and is available only once in a while.

There is an uncensored dialog among wootsters about the various wooted items which is often quite entertaining.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »
thanks
I never heard of yugster
I definate look that up
I`ve bought many things from woot.
never been able to do bag of crap
all my friends tried and just like me too lazy to do it also
thanks again

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »
Yea, and verily, 'tis true: there are few things more elusive than the woot! bag o' crap.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »
I can`t tell you how many times i get a call from a friend telling he missed out on a bag of crap.
the bigger question why are they even calling me about this?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »
to my guess the sansa 4g mp3 player is in serious surplus
I bought one months ago and I seen it being sold twice again on woot.
that and dyson vacuum cleaners
unless it`s a different model
and atomic clocks
that never seems to sell out
I bought 8

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 06:20:33 PM »
I can`t tell you how many times i get a call from a friend telling he missed out on a bag of crap.
the bigger question why are they even calling me about this?

=================================
It is frustrating and unfair when one misses out on a Bag o' Crap.
In a just world, we all could have our Bags o' Crap whenever we wanted them.
I am guessing that you have a sympathetic ear. Something about missing a Bag o' Crap gives them a strong urge to call you.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
well that`s true
I love grab bags.
it`s my vice
my kyptonite
but I`m getting better
or maybe I`m just too cheap to buy them

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »
I'd love to buy a vacuum cleaner that didn't have a belt or a bag. I'm going to check out woot, ty XO.

I called a local store, big chain store, when they advertised vacuums on sale.
Talking to the young salesman, I got the feeling he didn't really know what a cannister vac was. "Like a Swiffer with a motor you pull behind you."
Aha!  No, they didn't have any.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
I called a local store, big chain store, when they advertised vacuums on sale.
Talking to the young salesman, I got the feeling he didn't really know what a cannister vac was. "Like a Swiffer with a motor you pull behind you."
Aha!  No, they didn't have any.

=================================
What woot! normally peddles are Roomba robotic vacuums.  Sometimes they are discontinued models, sometimes they are refurbs, sometimes they are weird colors. I don't know whether they have bags or not, but it you were to Google Roomba, you could find out easily, I bet.

Your story reminds me of the time I went futon-shopping, The first place I went to was an enormous furniture store that was having (surprise!) a sale. Here in Miami, all furniture and carpet stores are always having sales.

This old dude comes up and asks what I am looking for.

"I'd like to see your futons," I say.

"What the Hell's a futon?", he asks.

"Something they sell in a different store, I guess",  say.

The next stop was a store that specialized in futons, according to their ad in the freebie New Times newspaper.

I see just what I want. The price is right.

"I'll take this one", sez I. I take out my  MasterCard.

"We can have this for you in a week," says the salesguy.

"No, I want this one, today", I say.

"This is a demonstration model he says."

"That's okay", I say.

"No, we can't let you take this one." he says. "We can have it in a week."

"Do you want it delivered for $20 more?", he asks.

"No, I don't want it at all, unless you sell it to me now. Here is the way it works: I pay you, then I take it home. It's a simple concept, really. It even has a name: cash and carry."

"We don't do business that way", he says.

"I don't do business any other way,", I say, slipping my MasterCard back into my wallet.

So I want to another store, bought an identical unfinished wood futon for $20 less, took it home in my hatchback Celica, stained and varnished it and slept in it the next night, and ever since.

About two days later, Hurricane Andrew hit, flooding all the stores on the beach, no doubt damaging the forbidden demo futon, and that store did not reopen for over a month. I am pretty sure I would have been sleeping on the floor for quite some time had I decided to wait for this clown's store to actually fetch their merchandise, or have it made, or whatever.

Lots of times salesmen know next to nothing about what they are selling, and act like their way of doing business is the only way anyone does business.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 06:28:31 PM »
My Yugster surprise bundle came today. I got four things, to wit:
(1) a Chinese made Swiss army knife.
(2) a plug-in gizmo that changes 110v 60 Hz current to whatever a USB port device requires.
(3) a one-into-four USB hub device,
(4) a magnetic window alarm.

all for $15 and $5 shipping.

probably a bargain, about $23 in stores. The last gizmo is pretty useless to me.  I have bars on all my windows.

I was not one of the lucky few who won $50 gift certificates.