Author Topic: McCain's climate ad scores with liberal Democrats  (Read 1134 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
McCain's climate ad scores with liberal Democrats
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »
For Better or Worse, McCain's Climate Ad Scores

Many of my readers will not greet this news with cheers, but it's worth noting anyway: a moment ago on XM's POTUS08, Glenn Kessler of mediacurves.com, noted that McCain's commercial on global warming had a striking impact among Democrats.

When asked who they they thought had the best plan, 47 percent of Democrats said Obama. (They were given a choice of Obama, McCain, "Another Candidate," or "None.")

"After viewing the video, 37 percent said Obama, the rest had moved to McCain," Kessler said. "This ad really worked. McCain, if he keeps playing this, has a chance to get a lead on this issue."

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjE2YTZiNTRmNzY4YzY0N2E3YTA0NDQ5YzA3N2NjNWQ=

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRHRRYHKIY[/youtube]

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: McCain's climate ad scores with liberal Democrats
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:55:12 PM »
Yeah, there is "another way". We can stop greenhouse gases and global warming without any laws at all.
I fail to see how a 30 second and that explains nothing (these guys want to regulate, and those guys want to ignore the problem, but I and I alone am different in some vague nonspecific way"), could actually sway any thinkng person for more than a minute.

It's a good ad. But it's just an ad.
Pepsi: for those who think young.
McDonald's: I'm lovin' it.
Not yer fathers Oldsmobile.

Bah.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
I fail to see how a 30 second and that explains nothing could actually sway any thinkng person for more than a minute.

It shows that McCain will take a middle course and that it is an important issue to him. Sometimes that is enough. During the Clinton years, it was said that all that mattered was that Clinton cared. Who cared about any results?

I happen to think that global warming is a bunch of poppycock. But it sure would be humorous if ozone Al Gore spent all this trying to make an issue of it, and McCain wrests the issue away from the Democrats and uses it to get elected.

McCain should run this ad in every liberal state there is to put Obama on the defensive. I bet he wins a handful of those liberal states.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Rich

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »
I wonder if they're polling consevative's reaction to this. I heard my first McCain radio add yesterday. You could have substituted McCain with Hillary and it would have sounded as if it was written for her not him.

McCain doesn't realize it but he's digging himself a hole, and it keeps getting deeper.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »
Rich
there is no doubt in my mind, none
that if he could get away with it, but he cant
McCain would pick Hillary as his VP

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:03:20 PM »
McCain stating that he will do something to alleviate global warming seems to be a repudiation of the basic Reagan concept that government is never the solution to any problems. The Glorious Glistening Hand of the Market will solve all problems better. Government is the ENEMY when it even tries to solve a problem.

This is, of course, balderdash, and not the way that the Juniorbushies seem to think, because the basic idea of conquering Iraq was to solve Iraq's problems. Saddam Hussein was a BAD resolver of problems, but the US Army (that does not speak the language or Iraq and is vey few understand the culture). But no matter, they just need American leadership...
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Rich

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 04:16:05 PM »
You know what CU4, I would be surprised at all. It would mean he'd lose of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »
"I wouldn't be surprised at all"

Rich, in my opinion, unfortunately neither of them (Obama or McCain)
will finish out a full term so their vice presidential choices are very important.