Author Topic: Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term  (Read 3493 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »

May 20, 2008 11:00 | Updated May 20, 2008 14:50
'Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term'

US President George W. Bush intends to attack Iran in the upcoming months, before the end of his term, Army Radio quoted a senior official in Jerusalem as saying Tuesday.

A US Navy aircraft carrier. Photo: AP

The official claimed that a senior member of the president's entourage, which concluded a trip to Israel last week, said during a closed meeting that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were of the opinion that military action was called for.

However, the official continued, "the hesitancy of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice" was preventing the administration from deciding to launch such an attack on the Islamic Republic, for the time being.

The report stated that according to assessments in Israel, recent turmoil in Lebanon, where Hizbullah de facto established control of the country, was advancing an American attack.

Bush, the officials said, opined that Hizbullah's show of strength was evidence of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's growing influence. They said that according to Bush, "the disease must be treated - not its symptoms."

In an address to the Knesset during his visit here last week, Bush said that "the president of Iran dreams of returning the Middle East to the Middle Ages."

US President George W. Bush during his Knesset address.
Photo: AP

"America stands with you in firmly opposing Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions," Bush said. "Permitting the world's leading sponsor of terror to possess the world's deadliest weapon would be an unforgivable betrayal of future generations. For the sake of peace, the world must not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1210668683139&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 10:35:26 AM »
He does this, and you cryptofascists and neoimperialists can kiss McCain goodbye.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
"He does this, and you cryptofascists and neoimperialists can kiss McCain goodbye"

Ya know that has actually crossed my mind
He may be waiting to see if McCain has any chance in hell to win
It needs to be done either way, however some may argue like you that it would hurt McCain
But if McCain has almost no chance to win, which I tend to believe
not having to worry about the polls may allow one to do the right thing
Before he exits & "Mr. Appeasement" takes over I hope great damage from the air can be done to Iran's MIC & Allah Nuke Factories.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 12:24:19 PM »
Dream on,

Even a schmuck like Junorbush doesn't want to be known as the president who started THREE wars and didn;t manage to end even one.

Not gonna happen.

Not ever.

Rich

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »
>>He does this, and you cryptofascists and neoimperialists can kiss McCain goodbye.<<

Actually your friends the Islamo-facists and murdering terrorists can kiss their ass goodbye. Perhaps you should consider visiting Iran and lending your support?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:18 PM »
You are a dolt.

Go enlist yourself.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
You are a dolt.

Go enlist yourself.

No way.

It is so much easier to call them cowards from thousands of miles away. Plus you get the added benefit of attacking fellow Americans and calling them cowards and "Appeasers" too.

CU4 and Rich wouldn't get withing 1500 miles of armed Iranians or Iraqis. It is far safer to call down the thunder from a long, long distance and wish death, maiming, destruction on others than it will ever be for them to actually take that step. Being a war hawk and falling over yourself to lick an orifice of a Likud Party Official in Israel is easy. Going to Fort Irving for three weeks then to Kuwait and onto Iraq to get shot at, or even worse - to learn that these people aren't evil incarnate - no, not on your life.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
"CU4 and Rich wouldn't get withing 1500 miles of armed Iranians or Iraqis. It is far safer to call down the thunder from a long, long distance and wish death, maiming, destruction on others than it will ever be for them to actually take that step. Being a war hawk and falling over yourself to lick an orifice of a Likud Party Official in Israel is easy. Going to Fort Irving for three weeks then to Kuwait and onto Iraq to get shot at, or even worse - to learn that these people aren't evil incarnate - no, not on your life"

More false logic and personal insults from the King Of Hypocrites!

But I guess whats good for the goose is good for the.....(i wont say what i really think)

Yeah condemn others for advocating policy positions
then pretend because they dont personally carry the
policy out themselves, that the position is somehow less credible.

As if Nancy Pelosi would have to actually work in the soup
kitchen to be credible on a stance to increase gvt aid to
soup kitchens.  ::)

Remember this from the guy that defends the pope having a private
pool, private chauffeurs, private cooks, private attendents, and custom
made garments while millions of God's children are starving.

Yeah JS wont get with 1500 miles of of Mother Teresa's filth slum
It's far safer to call down from the high horse of a messsage board
than it will be for JS to actually give up the good life.
Not on your life.

::)

fatman

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
White House denies story about attacking Iran
By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer
Tue May 20, 10:30 AM ET

WASHINGTON - The White House on Tuesday denied a published report in Israel that said President Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term in January.

ADVERTISEMENT

A story in the Jerusalem Post quoted a "senior official" there as saying that Bush plans to attack Iran in the coming months. The story says the unidentified official claimed that a "senior member" of Bush's traveling entourage made the statement about attacking Iran in a closed meeting. Bush was in Israel last week.

The article also says the unnamed Bush official said that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney "were of the opinion that military action were called for."

"An article in today's Jerusalem Post about the president's position on Iran that quotes unnamed sources ? quoting unnamed sources ? is not worth the paper it's written on," White House press secretary Dana Perino said in a statement.

"Let me respond by reaffirming the policy of the administration: We, along with our international allies who want peace in the Middle East, remain opposed to Iran's ambitions to obtain a nuclear weapon," Perino said. "To that end, we are working to bring tough diplomatic and economic pressure on the Iranians to get them to change their behavior and to halt their uranium enrichment program."

Perino said the "president of the United States should never take options off the table, but our preference and our actions for dealing with this matter remain through peaceful diplomatic means. Nothing has changed in that regard."

Yahoo!

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »
Yeah JS wont get with 1500 miles of of Mother Teresa's filth slum

How do you know what I do to help the poor?

I'm not condemning others. I'm telling the truth. I would never write this about others in here. But you and Rich, who go out of your way to monger a war on Iran as we are fighting an extremely difficult war on Iraq. Plus, both of you attack Islam often and with a vengeance - lacking cogent arguments.

So yes, it makes perfect sense to me. You may say what you really think, it won't bother me. I'll know in my heart that I'm not the one pushing and urging for more people to die in my stead.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Rich

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »
We all know what you are BO.

You don't have the balls to face me, let alone support your country.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »
  []
  "This constant drumbeat of conflict...is not helpful and not useful. I expect that there will be no war, and that is what we ought to be working for. We ought to try to do our utmost to create different conditions."

What America needs, Fallon says, is a "combination of strength and willingness to engage."
[]
    "Tehran's feeling pretty cocky right now because they've been able to inflict pain on us in Iraq and Afghanistan." So the trick, in Fallon's mind, is "to try to figure out what it is they really want and then, maybe -- not that we're going to play Santa Claus here or the Good Humor Man -- but the fact is that everyone needs something in this world, and so most countries that are functional and are contributing to the world have found a way to trade off their strengths for other strengths to help them out."

[]
    "Get serious," the admiral says. "These guys are ants. When the time comes, you crush them."
http://www.esquire.com/print-this/features/fox-fallon
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Rich

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »
>>CU4 and Rich wouldn't get withing 1500 miles of armed Iranians or Iraqis.<<

Says the pacifist communist.

<chuckle>

I'm to old to enlist, but I've found other ways to do my part. There's a former member of this club who can tell you all about some of it. I've spread money and time over every branch of the service while sniveling cowards like yourself sit in front of your computers stealing government money and pat yourself on the back telling yourself how much better you are than all those stupid red state people who love God, country, the First Amendment and believe in the goodness of America.

Listening to liberals/communists chastising other people's patriotism is a fucking joke. These are the people who call our troops terrorists and murderers. They condemn our country while giving aide and support to those who kill our military personnel in the middle East.

And I'm supposed to give a shit about their opinion of my love for country and what I'm willing to do about it?

Riiight. Cowards and traitors opinions don't mean shit to me boys.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »
The enlistment age has been extended to 42 and they take well up into the 50's for the Reserve units.

I've never called our soldiers murderers or terrorists. Show me where I have. I have good friends in Iraq right now.

I stand by what I say, because I'm 99.9% certain that it is correct.

I don't "steal government money" whatever that means. In fact, I've been working in the private sector for quite a few months now as I'm guessing you're alluding to my old job.

I love God, more than anything. And I'm a Catholic, whether you like it or not, I receive the Eucharist at Mass and pray the Rosary as well.

Now you may send care packages or whatever and feel really great about yourself for doing so, but the truth is that at the end of the day I was right and it clearly struck a nerve.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »
How do you know what I do to help the poor?

I think it's a pretty safe bet you are not spending your life on the streets of Calcutta.

Are you going to lie and pretend you are some Mother Teresa Jr. now?

Or are you a "weekend charity" wonk that on Monday pretends
"well I''ve done my part" while millions continue to starve?

I'm not condemning others. I'm telling the truth.

For one you are lying and also it is because
you can't respond to policy stances so you try to make it personal.

Again it would be like if in the Presidential Debate McCain said
"Hillary how can you support more aid to schools if you've never
been a teacher"?

It's ridiculous to argue that one must be a truck driver to advocate
safer highway truck regulations.

I would never write this about others in here.

Oh you won't start getting personal in here with anybody
except the ones that advocate war with our enemies?
War with people that want to "wipe Israel off the map"?
War with people that call "Israel a stinking corpse"?
War with people supporting terror all over the world?
War with people sending IED to kill US soldiers?
How dare we!

But you and Rich, who go out of your way to monger a war on Iran
as we are fighting an extremely difficult war on Iraq.

And you go out of your way top pander to Iran.
One of the reasons the war in Iraq is difficult is because of Iran.
Iran's knowledge that people like you who will scream "holy
hell" if we put a stop to their ways.

Plus, both of you attack Islam often and with a vengeance - lacking cogent arguments.

Yes I attack with a vengeance anyone who is blowing up innocent civilians, planes
nightclubs, office buildings, computer trains, buses, ect X 1000 in the name of a religion.
If Baptist begin doing this, they will get the exact same response. If Catholics, Buddhist,
Hindu's, Jews, are in the world headlines killing people in the name of their religion they
will get the same from me. The problem is that in today's world, in 2008 the tally is not
even close. The lame ass comparison some on the Left use with abortion mill killings
is near hilarious. Yeah lets do a tally comparison on abortion doctors murdered to the
islamo whack jobs murder toll.  ::)

So yes, it makes perfect sense to me.

What to live in denial and fantasy land?

You may say what you really think, it won't bother me.

Oh I know it bothers you.
Thats why you need to get personal while debating policy positions.
I know you know "All Know The Way, But Few Walk It".
It's got to eat at you.
To pretend to be on a high horse and have the answers,
but then not live the life.

I'll know in my heart that I'm not the one pushing
and urging for more people to die in my stead.

Yeah you just urge others to live a life you yourself
dont live while millions of children are dying of hunger
in Africa while you sit and type on your pretty computer.

I wonder if  Mother Teresa had time to spend on internet
message boards?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:26:54 AM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »