Author Topic: The way McCain can win this thing.  (Read 2402 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The way McCain can win this thing.
« on: May 25, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »
How McCain Can Win Hillary's Voters,
and Defeat Jimmy Obama

North Star Writers Group
May 25, 2008
By Dan Calabrese

Barack Obama is so amazing, he gets closer to clinching the Democratic presidential nomination every time Hillary Clinton creams him in a primary as she did on Tuesday in Kentucky.

It's too late, of course, for these huge wins in predominantly white, working-class states to help Hillary. But if John McCain is paying attention, Hillary may be doing him the favor of all favors with a huge assist from Obama himself, of course. Obama's recent policy statements, viewed in the context of demographic trends in Democratic primaries, point the way to a McCain victory.

White working-class voters, as well as older voters, have gone for Hillary in huge numbers. That's why she's won states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia so handily. If Michigan's primary had been a real contest, the result may very well have been the same.

Let's look at three of those states. Ohio's 20 electoral votes barely went for President Bush in 2004. Pennsylvania's 21 and Michigan's 17 went for John Kerry. If McCain holds Ohio in the red category and manages to steal either Pennsylvania or Michigan, he probably wins the election. If he holds Ohio and steals both Pennsylvania and Michigan, McCain wins without a doubt.

Here's how he can do it:

Obama has recently made two astoundingly wrongheaded statements. First, he opined that Iran is not really much of a threat to the United States. Second, he said the following to a group of environmentalists in Oregon: "We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times, whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra, and then just expect every other country is going to say OK, you know, you guys go ahead keep on using 25 percent of the world's energy, even though you only account for 3 percent of the population, and we'll be fine. Don't worry about us."

So, to recap, Islamic radicals who openly vow the destruction of Israel and are aggressively pursuing the development of nuclear weapons are not much of a threat. And American prosperity is no longer possible because "other countries" won't accept it.

The Democrats are about to nominate Jimmy Obama.

Remember when Obama's campaign slogan was "Yes, We Can!"? Apparently that didn't refer to the continuation of the American dream in any practical sense. We can't. Other countries say so. Presumably, then, "Yes, We Can!" refers to allowing apocalyptic-minded nutcases to gain control of the most dangerous weapons in the world. In fact, Obama is even willing to go personally meet with these lunatics without pre-conditions.

Why will the world's thugs need Jimmy Carter anymore? Hugo Chavez and Kim Jong Il won't need to settle for a disrespected former president from a generation ago when they can get an audience with the current occupant of the White House.

If McCain hammers these two themes, he will win enough of Hillary's voters to win the White House:

We can drive SUVs, eat the food we want and heat our homes to our hearts' content, if we unleash America's ability to create wealth, make wise use of its resources and empower individuals to improve their own lives. It has nothing to do with "other countries." We have to do some things better and smarter, but there is no reason in the world that America has to resign itself to austerity, and certainly not because other countries aren't going to "say OK." Good grief. Remember when John Kerry said he wanted to submit America's foreign policy decisions to other countries in the form of a "global test"? Remember how that went over? Obama wants to do the same thing with our domestic policies!

America has to take serious threats seriously, and not give away its strategic positioning or its international prestige to thugs who don't deserve it. Obama tried to justify his statement by citing history he clearly does not understand. Kennedy met with Khrushchev, he said, and Reagan met with Gorbachev. As many commentators have pointed out, Kennedy didn't meet with Castro and Reagan didn't meet with Khomeini. Not every rival is the same as every other rival. Obama obviously does not understand this. McCain needs to pound him on it, repeatedly and mercilessly. Most likely, Obama will try to deflect the issue by whining that his patriotism is being questioned, or some such thing. Good. That means McCain is scoring points. Plenty of the voters who supported Hillary in the battleground states, especially the older ones, will understand the lessons of history far better than Obama does.

What McCain does not need to do is focus on Rev. Wright, Michelle Obama's "never proud of my country" comment, flag pins, etc. The voters already know about all this. They don't need to be reminded. What they want to know is if these things are indicative of more troubling policy inclinations on Obama's part. The two themes outlined above should create enough doubt to throw a significant chunk of this demographic group to McCain, and that should be enough to bring Pennsylvania and Michigan (and possibly even New Jersey, with 15 electoral votes) into McCain's corner and with them, the presidency.

Contrary to the way some want to portray him, Barack Obama is not Louis Farrakhan redux. He is Jimmy Carter Jr. He is calling for foreign policy weakness and domestic austerity. If McCain focuses on these two themes, he'll get the swing voters he needs to win.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/62640

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:30:13 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The way McCain can win this thing.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 07:58:22 PM »
In fact, Obama is even willing to go personally meet with these lunatics ? without pre-conditions.

=================

Why should there be preconditions?

There is no reason why the3re should be any, other than the time and place.

You keep happening away on this same stupid sh*t, but it makes no sense. You talk and find out where you have differences and agreements, and you work from there, just like Kissinger did with Mao, That started with no preconditions too, and you are too ignorant to realize it.

McCain is TOO OLD.

McCain plans to nominate more Fascists to the Supreme Court.

McCain wants more war, fought on credit. Higher prices for gas and food will be the consequence,

No party in the history of the USA has ever deserved to be punished more than the moronic GOP. They gave us a stubborn, stupid ignorant man and a thief for President and VP. Time to shut them off for a generation or longer.

The GOP is doomed and irrelevant. They can only win by racist coded crap with 527's. Probably not even then, but we will surely see them try.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »
In fact, Obama is even willing to go personally meet with these lunatics ? without pre-conditions.

=================

Why should there be preconditions?

There is no reason why the3re should be any, other than the time and place.

On behalf of the GOP ,may I invite you to repeat this frequently.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »
XO you live in a fantasy world of make believe.

President George Bush got more votes in the 2004 election than any presidential candidate in US History.

modestyblase

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
There are fascists on the Supreme Court?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »
"There are fascists on the Supreme Court?"

More fantasy land by XO.

President Bush appointee US Surpreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts
got 78 votes which means he had to have alot of Democrats vote for him.
Yeah sure all the Democrats voted to approve a "fascist".  ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 10:16:10 PM »
There are fascists on the Supreme Court?

XO is quick with the slur.

Surprised he didn't call them Mormons

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 04:46:24 AM »
 :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »
President George Bush got more votes in the 2004 election than any presidential candidate in US History.

Yeah, and he is the very, very WORST president, ever.

I have never voted for George HW Bush or any of his malignant spawn, and never will. That is because I am SMARTER than the fools who did.

Supreme Court Fascists: Scalia, Roberts, Alito, Thomas
Even they do not agree with Juniorbush on Guantanamo, though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:42:14 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
Yup, anyone who has an opinion different than yours is obviously a moron, huh?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »
Damn straight!
Anyone who thinks Juniorbush is even minimally competent is clearly a moron.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 01:01:13 PM »
Damn straight!
Anyone who thinks Juniorbush is even minimally competent is clearly a moron.

I see. And next you'll say that you're not elitist.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 01:06:34 PM »
And obviously, neither is Brass       ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 07:34:37 AM »

-----------------------------------------------
Of course I am an elitist. I do not believe that the Average Joe is right very much of the time, and I am in favor of people with a higher than average intelligence, education and charisma running my country.

There is nothing wrong with being an elitist. I believe that human beings are born knowing how to do only two things: to holler and to suck, and too many never get much beyond this stage.

The average guy drives an SUV because he saw his neighbor driving one, is overextended and drowning in a sea of plastic debt, because he goes where everyone goes and does what everyone does. He is fixated on what happens to balls of various sizes and thinks that the commercial enterprise licensed to bear his city's name is somehow a focus of civic pride.

I do not begrudge this average guy from doing what he does and being what he is. Through the ages, the average has never excelled at anything other than at being average.

I see nothing wrong with the leadership understanding the average Joe: indeed, this is necessary, but the average Joe is a follower and when he has an idea is tends to be along the lines of how the US should annex Kuwait and suck their oil dry in order to not suffer a recession, failing to see the irony that the US punished Saddam for doing that same exact thing.

Average Joe dimwit opinions seem to flourish in this forum, such as all those making reference to making Iran glow in the dark or turning their deserts into glass with nuclear weapons.

I am of the opinion that whomever we elect president will automatically be an ex officio member of the elite. I only hope that it is someone who deserves to be a member of the elite, which Juniorbush and Cheney clearly were not.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 07:54:15 AM »

-----------------------------------------------
Of course I am an elitist. I do not believe that the Average Joe is right very much of the time, and I am in favor of people with a higher than average intelligence, education and charisma running my country.

I think there is a diffrence between an elete and an eletist.

One is more capable than most , the other holds most in contempt.