Author Topic: World Youth Day 2008 Australia  (Read 5347 times)

Cynthia

World Youth Day 2008 Australia
« on: July 20, 2008, 03:33:41 AM »
This has been the most profound and beautiful World Youth Day celebration. ...July 2008 in Australia. THere is nothing more precious than youth who are in love with our Lord. It reminds me of the days when I, too was alive in the spirit. 1970.
Amazing how much we fall and fail to keep up with that which is glory and grace in love for one another. Through the mass and celebration, I am reminded of such profound Love Of GOD.

We all suffer, But, with a bit of prayer, we can be so very much lifted and touched by our God. I celebrate the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Yes,  I am a born again Catholic, now and forever. This I share with the board. This I share with the world. I was called and I was graced with the glory of God. I am a sinner. I am not perfect. But, there is a God. There is a love that is essential in this world in which we live. This I know for sure.
I have lived both in the world of New Age/ the world of the pagan. There is a glorified Lord. When I see the 'news' that reaches our television sets with such horrors and pain, this is evidence of such hatred. There is a world of people who have peace---the youth of the Catholic church. I must say there is a difference in those who love the Lord, and those who do not.

This Pope is so very present in ours lives, as Catholics. He is a gentle soul. His German accent gives the world a sort of hope that erases the harm that was once the accent of the evil of Hitler. imo. That's just a comment of sorts. I didn't think I would love a Pope like I did Pope John Paul. But our current Pope is gracious, indeed.
God bless this world.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: World Youth Day 2008 Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:22:02 PM »
In fairness Hitler had an Austrian accent ;)

You touched a good point. The reading for today was the well-known Parable of the tares from Matthew (13:24-30). The common understanding is to hear the parable and sigh with relief by saying, "I'm glad I am the wheat!" Of course, that is an easy response. The opposite response is just as easy. "There's no hope, I'm one of the tares."

The truth is that we tend to be a little of both. We are sinners, capable of evil. Through penance, Christ's love, and honest reflection we can also be that wheat gathered into His barn.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Cynthia

Re: World Youth Day 2008 Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11:29 AM »
In fairness Hitler had an Austrian accent ;)

You touched a good point. The reading for today was the well-known Parable of the tares from Matthew (13:24-30). The common understanding is to hear the parable and sigh with relief by saying, "I'm glad I am the wheat!" Of course, that is an easy response. The opposite response is just as easy. "There's no hope, I'm one of the tares."

The truth is that we tend to be a little of both. We are sinners, capable of evil. Through penance, Christ's love, and honest reflection we can also be that wheat gathered into His barn.
LOL...this is true...but Hitler was a German leader in the eyes of the world, ....I prolly shouldn't have brought that insight into the mix...but I love our new Pope. He is a gentle and beautiful soul...intelligent as heck.

There is hope and through prayer there is proof that hope exists.

The point that we must pray more often is easier said than done. Most people on this earth do not pray....even Catholics Most people on this earth would rather compete and fight an earthly battle.... a battle that is seen but not understood. Not understood because it is of the flesh. There is a spiritual battle in this world of ours. The reason Christ came upon this earth was to guide us into the LOVE of our brothers and sisters.

Who among us has done that?
That's one hell of a job. But, through prayer and a relationship with Jesus and the Church itself, (imo) the Catholic Church...it can be done.
We are all sinners, and yet we all have choices. When we chose to ask our Lord to ask for the Holy Spirit to come upon us in this life of ours...sorry and sad, happy and rich...content and yet suffering....there in lies the "action" of Christ's love.....and the start of something profoundly great.
 I believe that prayer is key.

But no amount of mental debate can shine light on the issue.....unless one has literally prayed to the Lord, Jesus.

I have a personal relationship with our Lord. It's not always there for me to ..but I am not always there for Him.

The Pope's visit to Australia was so very special to me. I had a chance to see Pope John in Denver the year I joined the church in 1992, but I did not go.

To see the love within the smiles of the many thousands of youth in Australia....was mind boggling, indeed. One has to realize that there is hope...there is love in this life. It's not easy to find, however.

ONe has to be willing to trust.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:34:09 AM by Cynthia »