Author Topic: McCain's Secret Weapon - He Cheated!  (Read 3733 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McCain's Secret Weapon - He Cheated!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »
<<Of course it is hilarious , but that didn't stop you at all.>>

What was hilarious, in case you missed it the first time round, was the demand that Obama prove he wasn't cheating.  In other words, "Guilty until proven innocent," a great maxim for the Bizarro World you guys inhabit.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 03:30:46 PM »
And yet you urge an ad campaign by Obama highlighting the Keating Five even though McCain was guilty until proven innocent.

Pretzel Logic

Knutey

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 05:06:16 PM »
Didn't the dems say Bush cheated during his debates with either Kerry or Gore by being wired and the proof was a photoshopped view of his jacket.

You guys are in a rut.

Since they were all true , it looks like it is you cheaters that are in a rut.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 06:40:30 PM »

Source?

Knutey

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »

Source?

http://www.visualfuturist.com/bushiswired/

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »
So where is the ear piece or wire to the ear piece?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »
Bush used the dark side of the Force, Bt.  Come-on, everyone knows that

;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
<<And yet you urge an ad campaign by Obama highlighting the Keating Five even though McCain was guilty until proven innocent. >>

That's the thing - - McCain was never put on trial, never prosecuted.  He may not even have broken any laws, or, more likely, he never put himself in a position where he could be successfully prosecuted for breaking any laws.  But the fact is, he was NEVER "proven innocent."  All that happened was, the Senate Ethics Committee (what an oxymoron) gave  him a pass.

The ad campaign that I suggested was a purely factual recitation of McCain's doings as one of the Keating Five, including the fact that the Senate Ethics Committee gave him a pass - - and just ask the viewers, "The Senate Ethics Committee gave him a pass.  Would YOU give him a pass?"  Simple question, simple answer.  I'd LOVE to see that commercial run.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:30 AM »
The ad campaign that I suggested was a purely factual recitation of McCain's doings as one of the Keating Five, including the fact that the Senate Ethics Committee gave him a pass - - and just ask the viewers, "The Senate Ethics Committee gave him a pass.  Would YOU give him a pass?"  Simple question, simple answer.  I'd LOVE to see that commercial run.

In your attempt to de-legitimize the Ethics Committee you fail to mention that this same Senate Committee spanked one or two of their own dems pretty hard. I believe it was Cranston of Ca who took pne of the hits. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »
Yeah, well they probably had their own reasons for spanking Cranston, but he's not running for office now, last I heard.  I think it's important the voters know what McCain did, not what Cranston did, and then they can be told that the Senate "Ethics" Committee let him (McCain) off with a slap on the wrist.  Would THEY (the viewers) also let him off with a slap on the wrist?  Do they too think that McCain did nothing wrong?  That's the whole commercial.  It'd be dynamite.   But what do I really care?  Fuck 'em if they don't know how to run a campaign.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 12:47:23 AM »
<<And yet you urge an ad campaign by Obama highlighting the Keating Five even though McCain was guilty until proven innocent. >>

That's the thing - - McCain was never put on trial, never prosecuted.  He may not even have broken any laws, or, more likely, he never put himself in a position where he could be successfully prosecuted for breaking any laws.  But the fact is, he was NEVER "proven innocent."  All that happened was, the Senate Ethics Committee (what an oxymoron) gave  him a pass.

I ouldn't mind it either , the Ethics panel cross examined McCain for months and energeticly attempted to find a charge that would stick. Has Barak H. Obama been through such a thourough examination on his relationship with Rezco?

There seems to be some confusion on where Obama is strong relitive to McCain , Obama himself is as bad as you are , he is calling attention to McCain looseing track of how many houses he has , but none of McCains houses were a gift from a machine political lobbyest who lived next door. In the comparison of Apples to Apples Obama isn't going to like them apples.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 12:51:11 AM »

Source?

Bush wears suspenders?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 12:56:50 AM »
<<Of course it is hilarious , but that didn't stop you at all.>>

What was hilarious, in case you missed it the first time round, was the demand that Obama prove he wasn't cheating.  In other words, "Guilty until proven innocent," a great maxim for the Bizarro World you guys inhabit.

So hilarity demands proof only of Republicans?

I can imagine a way that Obama could have cheated , so he then needs to prove he did not do what I have imagined he could have.

Obama could have had an inside man who gave him a copy of the test the previous day , prove it isn't so?

I don't really care , it is merely a funny thing to say , but what it more importantly does is admit that Obama gave weak answers in comparison to McCain , answers so much better that cheating must be considered.

So yes Obama can prove he did not cheat , his poor answers do that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 01:04:13 AM »
<<There seems to be some confusion on where Obama is strong relitive to McCain , Obama himself is as bad as you are , he is calling attention to McCain looseing track of how many houses he has , but none of McCains houses were a gift from a machine political lobbyest who lived next door. In the comparison of Apples to Apples Obama isn't going to like them apples.>>

I think the comparison that McCain might want to avoid is Tony Rezco with Charles Keating.  Keating is a convicted criminal whose schemes bilked thousands of Americans of huge amounts using a very complex network of supposedly government-regulated institutions.  Rezco was a piker by comparison, a real small-time crook.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 01:09:43 AM »
<<There seems to be some confusion on where Obama is strong relitive to McCain , Obama himself is as bad as you are , he is calling attention to McCain looseing track of how many houses he has , but none of McCains houses were a gift from a machine political lobbyest who lived next door. In the comparison of Apples to Apples Obama isn't going to like them apples.>>

I think the comparison that McCain might want to avoid is Tony Rezco with Charles Keating.  Keating is a convicted criminal whose schemes bilked thousands of Americans of huge amounts using a very complex network of supposedly government-regulated institutions.  Rezco was a piker by comparison, a real small-time crook.

"Rezco was a piker by comparison, a real small-time crook." Who made only a few millions off of Chicago contracts , gave only a few hundred thousands to Obama and only paid for half the cost of the house Obama moved into next door to his own.

Your right ,there is  diffrence in scale , , but there is also diffrence in the detail of how closely the twain can be connected. There is as well a diffrence in how well the two incidents have been investigated  McCain has that nasty process behind him , Obama is about to start his.