Author Topic: McCain - Palin '08  (Read 2023 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McCain - Palin '08
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »
Absolutely.  Who but the military should oversee the military?  I think civilian oversight of the armed forces is like the Geneva Convention - - it's "quaint" and "old fashioned."

Some bimbo for veep, some beribboned clown in uniform for defence.  A 72-year-old moron for President.  You're off to a good start, CU4.  If these guys ever get in, I'll bust a gut laughing.  What's the gold standard for you?  Total mediocracy?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »
"she is governor of a state with fewer people than Barack Obama's state senate district in Illinois"

Delaware Population: 853,476

Alaska Population: 670,053

Next?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 11:16:49 AM »
"What's the gold standard for you?  Total mediocracy?"

Michael it is certainly not a "community organizer".

Sure she is young and inexperienced but you have that at the top of the ticket!

You guys blew it not nominating Hillary.

Honestly Michael that was your winning ticket.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »
Some bimbo for veep,

Plane's right you should be Obama's advisor.

I wonder if we will see the coinage of the phrase "Clinton Republicans" this election cycle.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
It's hard to think of Hillary as an agent of change. 

There was a real undercurrent of disgust with the way things were going, when Obama made his pitch.  There was a palpable feeling that a lot of people, young people, first-time voters, were coming out because they wanted change.  One of the major causes of the discontent was the war, and America's loss of standing in the world because of it.  Obama's major selling point at that time was that he was against the war from the beginning.  So he was a credible agent of change, Hillary, Biden and the rest of them were not.

If Hillary had been chosen to bear the standard at that time, it would have meant a Democratic campaign conducted without the participation of those disappointed millions who had gathered under the Democratic banner in the hopes of achieving a real change.  Hillary's "experience" would have melted away, as we saw, because it really doesn't add up to a hill o' beans.  What should have been a Democratic landslide in the face of eight years of Republican lies, mismanagement and disasters would have turned into a cliff-hanger.  Picking Hillary would have been simply blowing what was seen as a huge natural advantage.

Once Obama was picked as the candidate, Hillary as VP became an impossibility.  If she was passed over to take advantage of the perceived desire for change, selecting her as VP would have nullified a lot of the advantage conferred by a "change" President and in addition would have humiliated Obama by forcing him to embrace a woman who had disrespected and belittled him non-stop during the campaign.  This would have undermined his masculinity in the eyes of all voters.  It just couldn't be done.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:12 AM »
Delaware Population: 853,476

Alaska Population: 670,053

Next?

Which has what to do with the quote you responded to?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Cynthia

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
I`m guessing attractive female politicians are kind of a negative .

She's one of the few choices that would allow me to vote for McCain. And it has nothing to do with her looks.

YOu know what, Ami, I agree. She's been a beauty queen type in her past, and a true conservative.... but my GOD, is she articulate and strong. She puts a fresh voice to the political stage, imo.

I would vote for her as president in the future based on her strength as a woman in political world alone.

She's a daughter of a teacher. She's the reformist of all reformist. She's stronger than Hillary. You know, I am tired of the lack of focus that Bush brought to this nation in the past 8 years! But, if we were to elect a leader with focus and who is ALSO a woman, that would bring healing to this divided nation.

I look forward to a time when we can hear what the candidates have to say instead of how they bash one another over and over again. Hillary was guilty of that, and look where she is now.
 Sarah has given more insight into McCain's stand in one introduction 'bite'. I have to say that I am impressed.

Obama has also given details of how he will change a broken governement. He brings an intelligent and freshness to the table.

I feel for McCain. He has not been able to hold the attention of his 'people'. But, now

with such a powerful, intelligent and strong woman on the ticket......he just might have a chance.

So, we have a race to look forward to this NOv.