Author Topic: Leftists in Full Panic Mode as Obama Dives in Polls  (Read 2972 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Leftists in Full Panic Mode as Obama Dives in Polls
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »
http://wcbstv.com/politics/paterson.mccain.palin.2.813646.html

McCain Campaign Fumes Over Paterson's Racism Claim
Says Governor's Charges Are 'Bordering On Desperation'
Reporting
Don Dahler
ALBANY (CBS) ? On Monday, Gov. David Paterson angered some state lawmakers by comparing them to vampires, calling them a bunch of "blood suckers." On Tuesday, he raised eyebrows again, and tempers, by accusing the John McCain campaign of veiled racism.

At the Crain's Business Forum this morning, Paterson drew attention to a phrase used numerous times by speakers at the Republican National Convention to describe Barack Obama's leadership experience: community organizer.

"I think the Republican Party is too smart to call Barack Obama 'black' in a sense that it would be a negative. But you can take something about his life, which I noticed they did at the Republican Convention – a 'community organizer.' They kept saying it, they kept laughing," he said.

Paterson referred to McCain's running mate Sarah Palin who compared her work experience to Obama's.

"So I suppose a small town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except with real responsibilities," she said at the convention.

Paterson sees the repeated use of the words "community organizer" as Republican code for "black".

"I think where there are overtones is when there are uses of language that are designed to inhibit other people's progress with a subtle reference to their race," he said.

But the McCain/Palin campaign quickly fired back in a statement, saying: "It is disappointing that Governor Paterson would launch accusations of racism. … Governor Palin's remarks about Barack Obama's work as a community organizer was in response to the Obama campaign's belittling of her executive experience."

The statement goes on to point out Sarah Palin's own experience of civic involvement and says Paterson's comments are "a sure sign of a flailing campaign that is bordering on desperation".

Paterson raises the question of whether the Presidential race has become desperate or devious.

"At this point, Americans wouldn't tolerate a racial appeal. What I'm saying is that there are sneaky ways to try to hurt someone," he said.

Paterson does say he's not certain that's happening.

But what disturbed him was what seemed like derisive laughter on the part of the Republicans at Obama's choice of helping his community rather than getting rich on Wall Street.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Leftists in Full Panic Mode as Obama Dives in Polls
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
Now that the election race is about race it can only get better for McCain/Palin.

This is exciting news for people that don't want Obama to win and become our president. As I said before if Obama were president criticisms would be labeled racist. This confirms my saying that we are not yet ready for a black president. The day we will be ready for a black president is when blacks can be criticized without the criticizer being labeled a racist.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:51 PM »
<<The day we will be ready for a black president is when blacks can be criticized without the criticizer being labeled a racist. >>

It's really simple.  If you're a racist country, you're not ready for a black President.  If you are not a racist country, you ARE ready for a black President.

There's absolutely nothing wrong intrinsically with being a community organizer.  Nobody's against communities and nobody's against organizing.   So when the Republicans from Giuliani to Palin pick up on the phrase, "community organizer," and say it with a snicker or a sneer that gets an automatic laugh from the white Republican crowd, I think Paterson really is on to something - - what else would justify the snicker, the sneer or the audience's mocking, derisive reaction?  It IS code.  It's this election's code for "nigger."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:10:13 PM »

Saul David Alinsky

The father of community organizing.

Doesn't look back to me.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:50 PM »
Mahatma Gandhi goes back a little further than Saul Alinsky, and he don't look white to me.

It matters not what colour Saul Alinski.  Most of those racist thugs who chuckle or laugh uproariously at the mere mention of the words "community organizer" probably never heard of Saul Alinsky.  They probably never heard of Jane Jacobs either.  Or Dorothy Day.   The only community organizers they ever heard of were black.  They don't need to know the history of the movement, all they know is that community organizing is  something that blacks do for other blacks.  And that's why "community organizer" is their code word for "nigger."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:31:50 PM »
What sort of country is it if one or more racists say that we are not ready for a Black president for some reason other than race?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »
<<The day we will be ready for a black president is when blacks can be criticized without the criticizer being labeled a racist. >>

It's really simple.  If you're a racist country, you're not ready for a black President.  If you are not a racist country, you ARE ready for a black President.

There's absolutely nothing wrong intrinsically with being a community organizer.  Nobody's against communities and nobody's against organizing.   So when the Republicans from Giuliani to Palin pick up on the phrase, "community organizer," and say it with a snicker or a sneer that gets an automatic laugh from the white Republican crowd, I think Paterson really is on to something - - what else would justify the snicker, the sneer or the audience's mocking, derisive reaction?  It IS code.  It's this election's code for "nigger."

When African American people grow up and get off the race issue then we will be ready. But the problem isn't whites.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:49:21 PM »
When African American people grow up and get off the race issue then we will be ready. But the problem isn't whites

=============================
I think it would be really cool if you were to wake up tomorrow Black. Then you might understand.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »
When African American people grow up and get off the race issue then we will be ready. But the problem isn't whites

=============================
I think it would be really cool if you were to wake up tomorrow Black. Then you might understand.

I understand that many blacks have an attitude that causes them all sorts of problems from getting along with other to being victims and so on and so forth. When Obama goes around claiming McCain is going to do something he hasn't (like say something about race & religion) then he has a problem and I have to assume it's got something to do with his blackness. After all I don't hear McCain acting like a victim and I don't hear Palin acting like a victim. So I have concluded that because of black attitude this nation isn't ready for a black president. Are you black? If not maybe you need to wake up black and tell me how it feels.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 12:01:37 AM »
<<But the problem isn't whites.>>

It isn't?  Then maybe you could explain to me what Giuliani and Palin and their audience found so funny in the words "community organizer."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 12:09:10 AM »
I have seen ZERO evidence that Obama has been presenting himself as a victim.

I'd say that "lipstick on a pig" is less an intentional code word than "community organizer".

Had he said "lipstick on a pitbull, that would have been different. But he didn't. And you saying that Palin should feel offended by this means you regard her as a victim, pretty clearly.

NONE of this, absolutely NONE of this has one damned thing to do with the aptitude of anyone to be president, by the way. It is nothing more than balloon juice for the dullards.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »
<<But the problem isn't whites.>>

It isn't?  Then maybe you could explain to me what Giuliani and Palin and their audience found so funny in the words "community organizer."

Only a racist would see race where it isn't. They were making it known that it isn't enough experience along with a state senate record of no achievement and a us senate record as a junior senator that he has be MIA since taking office. WE all miss the race part but the people that make racebaiting a lifelong profession.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »
Community organizer as a code word is a stretch. Most people equate that with college kids doing get out the vote drives.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 12:42:36 AM »
No, college kids paid to get out the votes, even unpaid, are called "poll workers". This is and always has been the words used to recruit them in colleges where I have taught.

Even if this were true, which I do not agree that it is, "most people" would not include the delegates at the GOP convention or Giulani.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:47:20 AM »
poll workers work the polls on election day. Community organizers evokes images of do-gooder white college kids.

It is the dems who seem to see black people when they conjure up the word.