Author Topic: A good one from Obama  (Read 1004 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A good one from Obama
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:09:30 AM »
Obama has finally produced a good campaign ad.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/whoadvises_ad/

It's hard hitting, and it uses a narrator from one of my favorite documentaries, Inside 9-11, from National Geographic. I did some research and the voice over is done by Nick Shatzki. He's got a very damning, and ominous voice.

You can view Inside 9-11 here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-B6c6xxXug

The ad packs a punch when he very damningly says the name of each of McCain's surrogates: Carly Fiorina, Phil Graham, and President Bush.

Well done, even though this ad won't have very much sway outside of the far left wackos who already support Barack Obama.

Note: Mr. Schatzki's voice overs for commercials for Fruit of the Loom, American Express, and Checkers aren't as ominous, and he's being paid to say these things for the Obama campaign. But it's a good ad nonetheless.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: A good one from Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »
Well done, even though this ad won't have very much sway outside of the far left wackos who already support Barack Obama.

==========================================
Nonsense. It is not only well done, it is also TRUE.

McCain aided and abetted Gramm's deregulation that cause the current mess.

McCain stands for more of the same.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »
There is hardly any truth to the ad. What does Carly Fironia have to do with the mortgage and housing crisis? She was CEO of HP. Outside of stoking the jealously of liberals with her $42 million paycheck, I'm not sure why she was even mentioned. She's a highly accomplished woman and she puts Obama to shame.

Phil Graham and President Bush are not advisers to McCain. That isn't true either.

Like I said, this ad plays to Obama's hardcore leftist base, as your immediate response to it indicates.

Stylistically it was a good ad, but factually, not so much.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »
I love how an Obama ad gets kudos from the right because the ad has voiceover that is "scary".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »
McCain supported Gramm's deregulation. Gramm was his adviser until McCain had to get rid of him.
McCain is shown hugging Juniorbush many times as though they were bosom buddies

Firorina's second most famous accomplishment was being hired as CEO of HP. for a huge salary. She is most famous for being fired rather shortly afterward. Apparently, HP did not feel she was such a hot item. I don't think she puts anyone to shame, other than herself. Getting fired is not normally seen as an accomplishment.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »
McCain supported Gramm's deregulation. Gramm was his adviser until McCain had to get rid of him.

Good for McCain. America is over regulated. This means diddly squat to the current housing and mortgage issue.

In 2005, McCain sponsored the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, which would have reformed Fannie and Freddie.  But, with heavy pressure from Chris Dodd, the measure never made it out of committee.

McCain is shown hugging Juniorbush many times as though they were bosom buddies

Tom Daschle kissed President George Bush.

Firorina's second most famous accomplishment was being hired as CEO of HP. for a huge salary. She is most famous for being fired rather shortly afterward. Apparently, HP did not feel she was such a hot item. I don't think she puts anyone to shame, other than herself. Getting fired is not normally seen as an accomplishment.

Firorina's biggest accomplishment was bringing Lucent public. She was a high ranking official in HP, Lucent, and AT&T. Obama has served one active year in the U.S. Senate and gave a speech in 2002.

This all seems very sexist of the Obama campaign to attack Carly Fiorina. All it does is bring into sharp focus Barack Obama's inexperience and naivete.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »

<<Phil Graham and President Bush are not advisers to McCain. That isn't true either. >>

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/18/news/newsmakers/tully_gramm.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008021917

As this February 19, 2008 article from Fortune clearly indicates, Gramm is "McCain's Econ Brain."  (Fortune's words, not mine.)  Phil Gramm was McSame's TOP economic adviser.

The ad, BTW, was OK.  Kind of glib in tone and went by very fast.  Gone in the blink of an eye.  I don't think it'll make much of an impression.  I didn't think "sinister" was a good description of the announcer's voice, either.  Snide or irritating are more accurate.

McCain says so many dumb things on his own, I don't think it makes a whole lotta sense to attack the man through his advisers.  First (as shown with Sarah Palin) he doesn't HAVE to take their advice and second, he can always fire them.  I would rather go with the man's own innate stupidity - - fifth last in a class of 800 in a fucking military academy, OK if America stays in Iraq for 100 years, doesn't know how many fucking homes he owns ("my staff will get back to ya") and thinks the fundamentals of the economy are strong.  His one big accomplishment seems to be getting shot down and making up phony "torture" stories about his captivity.  This guy is a walking time bomb and a guaranteed disaster waiting to happen.  It's not much of a sell to most Americans that this is a man whose finger you DON'T want on the red button. 

The more I see of this guy, the more I am convinced that whatever Americans are telling the pollsters, once they're alone in the polling booth, they'll know they'd have to be INSANE to want this fuck-up as their next President.