Author Topic: My Predictions Have Come True In Part  (Read 7479 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Predictions Have Come True In Part
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:24:29 PM »
Over the years of talking about the RBE, I would sometimes say that if the economy collapsed, it would actually be a good thing in the long run because it would inspire people to demand that another philosophy/economic policy be tried in America.

Clearly, I was right.

While I envisioned a total collapse in the model of the Great Depression and then some chaos and and re-grouping, the right-wing ideologues of this "administration" have wrangled a way to a version of my vision without all the vitriol and violence I envisioned.

If the situation were more like I had envisioned, of course, I would be ecstatic but more and more every day, I am realizing that all the loose talk of socializing and nationalizing is misdirection.

What is happening with the bailout of the financial firms is not a new economic form, it is the same old economic form with the same old conservative forms of corruption and theft that the Bush "administration" has been exemplary.

As was spelled out in "The Shock Doctrine", BushCo has thrived on disaster.  They have spent the last eight years created situations with stupendous failure and meticulous stupidity so that their cronies can then be handed blank checks.  Halliburton made out like bandits (because they were).

Now, all BushCo's robber baron buddies will literally be handed a check for $700 BILLION with absolutely no oversight and no repercussions and nobody going to jail.

Effectively, we have allowed BushCo to socialize or nationalize all the debt and risk of the financial markets but leaving the profits privatized.  This is the capitalists wet dream.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: My Predictions Have Come True In Part
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »
I take it by this post , if you had a vote, you would be against the bailout?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »
And of course, we've also seen how good his prediction on the GOP dropping the Palin anchor has come to pass
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:57:21 PM »
Sirs,

True, they have not dropped her YET.  So, I was wrong on the date.

I'm definitely against a "quick and clean" solution that leads to unfettered use of the $700 BILLION by one person.

If, as a lot of talking heads have been saying, it is true that "we're all to blame" for this mess, the lenders, the borrowers, the government reps who de-regulated, then why is only one part of "we" being bailed out?

If the lenders and financial organizations who were out for wild profits with what some have called "predatory lending", then why should they be rewarded for that practice when those who got the loans that they might not have been able to afford should just be left without any bailout? 

Where is our bailout?

I mean, they've already handed out $150 BILLION with their so-called stimulus packages (which corporate American got a big chunk of), what's the harm in tacking on another $300 BILLION to the proposed $700 BILLION and let that $300 BILLION help out REAL Americans who are hurting and drowning and really do WANT to keep their houses and follow through with their commitments?

I'm just saying as long as we're printing up money, and I'm paying in with my taxes, where's my cut?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »
Do you believe the government is handing over 700 billion and not getting anything in return?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »
Sirs,  True, they have not dropped her YET.  So, I was wrong on the date.

Well, since there's no sign of anything even remotely showing a leaning of her being dropped, and ironically it was rumors of Biden being dropped, I'd say you were wrong on the entire prediction scenario

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
Do you believe the government is handing over 700 billion and not getting anything in return?

Did I say that?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »
Sirs,  True, they have not dropped her YET.  So, I was wrong on the date.

Well, since there's no sign of anything even remotely showing a leaning of her being dropped, and ironically it was rumors of Biden being dropped, I'd say you were wrong on the entire prediction scenario

You're allowed any opinion you like.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »
LOL.....I predict then, with a much greater % of certainty, you'll be wrong many more times, than currently have already been 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »
Did I say that?

Do you believe the govt is getting 700billion worth of value for the 700 billion purchase price?

Or do you consider it a giveaway?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »
Did I say that?

Do you believe the govt is getting 700billion worth of value for the 700 billion purchase price?

Or do you consider it a giveaway?

I consider it a giveaway, hence the term "bailout".

Do you honestly believe that money is going to be given back with the companies' profits?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »
Do you honestly believe that money is going to be given back with the companies' profits?

What makes you believe the govt gets nothing in return for the money?
Is this a gut felling or do you have information to backup that position?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »

What makes you believe the govt gets nothing in return for the money?
Is this a gut felling or do you have information to backup that position?

It's mostly gut coupled with the way the "administration" has totally thrown our money away hand over fist since stealing our White House.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
<<And of course, we've also seen how good his prediction on the GOP dropping the Palin anchor has come to pass>>

Right now they're so deep in the hole that dropping Palin would probably have a negative effect - - they'd lose the last-gasp, hardcore group that'll stick with them till the End of Days, and at the same time they still won't get the votes of any sane or rational human being in the country. 

McCain is stuck with his "fundamentals are strong" - "WWII" - "Don't bail" - "Bail."   

I mean HE IS FUCKED.  Anybody can see that.  What good does it do to dump Palin now?  He'd lose the only votes he's got left at this point - - the Total Moron vote.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 06:14:34 PM »
<<And of course, we've also seen how good his prediction on the GOP dropping the Palin anchor has come to pass>>

Right now they're so deep in the hole that dropping Palin would probably have a negative effect

LOL......so, which is it?  Is she an anchor that she can be cast aside at any time?, or is she an asset, that helps keep the party whole and its chances viable??  You guys need to get your stories straight