Author Topic: The Changeling  (Read 3484 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Changeling
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
Excellent script, great direction, fantastic acting, great sets / wardrobe.

Two thumbs up.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »
The title sounds like a Sci-Fi tale. But it isn't, is it?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »
The title sounds like a Sci-Fi tale. But it isn't, is it?

No. It's the true story of the mother of one of the victims of the Wineville Chicken Coop Murders in 1928.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

fatman

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:25 AM »
I saw this on Sunday (mostly because there wasn't anything else playing that was worth a damn), and it was a pretty good movie.  Personally, I'd put it in the "chick flick" column, the plot and acting was good, but it seemed like it did drag on forever.  The best performance (I thought) was by the serial killer.

The one thing that I did like about the picture (and most Clint Eastwood directed movies for that matter), was the moral ambivalency that you feel towards the characters.  I couldn't bring myself to hate the people that I should have, but I think that most Clint Eastwood movies are like that.

It did give me the opportunity to see the trailers for two new movies coming out that I'd like to see.  The first is Valkyrie, starring Tom Cruise as Rommel and is about the plot to assassinate Hitler that nearly succeeded.  The second is a new one with Clint Eastwood as an actor, an 80 something badass who beats the crap out of street punks.  Not realistic, but looks to be entertaining.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »
The first is Valkyrie, starring Tom Cruise as Rommel and is about the plot to assassinate Hitler that nearly succeeded.

Tom Cruise plays Col. Claus von Stauffenberg. At least, according to IMDb.

fatman

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
Damn, I think you're right.  Either way, it looks to be a good flick.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »
I hear the Changeling has multiple Oscars written all over it.  and a good friend of mine likened it to No Country for Old Men, minus all the violence.  Constant intensity thru-out, with rarely any let-up.  I guess I need to go see it      8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »
J. Michael Straczynski is the writer and he is one of my personal favorites. He was the writer for my favorite science fiction series of all time, Babylon 5.

He deals in substantive and complex plots.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D