Author Topic: Global Warming My Ass!  (Read 12348 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Global Warming My Ass!
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 02:10:09 PM »
Where, exactly, is the Earth producing oil, by the way? In landfills, perhaps? That's where all my yard waste, dead possums and dinosaurs go.

Deep underground where there is an accumulation of organic waste and sufficient pressure.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
CU4,
China definitely is not "green."  They have huge, huge pollution problems. 
However,  they see the handwriting on the wall and are trying to lessen pollution.   And they see a market for hybrid cars so they're making them.
I read about companies where the lights don't go on in unused rooms unless you stamp on the floor, so this is their way to waste less electricity, burn less coal. Government mandates that thermostats are set to 79 degrees in summer, etc.
 They are or were during the Olympics mandating the number of cars allowed on the road, in an effort to clear some smog.   People wear disposable masks because the air is so bad.   
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/17/273649.aspx?p=1
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

richpo64

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »
>>However,  they see the handwriting on the wall and are trying to lessen pollution.<<

Really? Besides making a buck selling hybrid cars to global warming alarmists, what exactly is China doing to "lessen" polution?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 05:46:05 PM »
At some point, China will sell hybrid cars for export, but I don't think they have manufactured even one other than prototypes.

If the US does not develop renewable fuel, then oil will rise to astronomical prices. At this point, if renewable hybrids or some other non-petroleum type of vehicle and energy producers are not immediately available, the economy will decline drastically.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."