Author Topic: Harry Reid (the dipshit) apologizes for Negro comment  (Read 3370 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Harry Reid (the dipshit) apologizes for Negro comment
« on: January 09, 2010, 03:45:25 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/ap_on_el_se/us_obama_reid

Example Just How Out of Touch Harry Reid is....

Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment

WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect." Obama is the nation's first African-American president.

"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments," Reid said in a statement released after the excerpts were reported on the Web site of The Atlantic.

"I was a proud and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama during the campaign and have worked as hard as I can to advance President Obama's legislative agenda."

Reid remained neutral during the bitter Democratic primary that became a marathon contest between Obama and then-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, whom Obama tapped as the United States' top diplomat after the election.

Reid's comments are included in a book set to be published on Monday. "Game Change" was written by Time Magazine's Mark Halperin and New York magazine's John Heilemann; the pair describe the book in interviews during Sunday's "60 Minutes" on CBS.

Reid, facing a tough 2010 re-election bid, needs the White House's help if he wants to keep his seat. Obama's administration has dispatched officials on dozens of trip to buoy his bid and Obama has raised money for his campaign.

Recognizing the threat, Reid's apologies also played to his home state: "Moreover, throughout my career, from efforts to integrate the Las Vegas strip and the gaming industry to opposing radical judges and promoting diversity in the Senate, I have worked hard to advance issues."

Even before his ill-considered remarks, a new survey released Saturday by the Las Vegas Review Journal showed him continuing to earn poor polling numbers. In the poll, by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, Reid trailed former state Republican party chairwoman Sue Lowden by a 10 percentage points, 50 percent to 40 percent, and also lagging behind two other opponents.

More than half of Nevadans had an unfavorable opinion of Reid. Just 33 percent of respondents held a favorable opinion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Harry Reid apologizes for Negro comment
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
Harry Ass is polling pretty low and that is before this negro news comment got released.

BYE BYE HARRY ASS

------------------------------------------------------------

House of Cards?

Other than the H1N1 virus, the most contagious disease in our nation's capital is retirement. It is catching. The more Democrats that quit, the more others are also encouraged to hang it up. Retirements like those of Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., and Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., turn off donors to Democratic incumbents, encourage viable Republican challengers to get in races around the nation and lead other incumbent Dems to think about spending more time as lobbyists making money in Washington.

And the retirement bug is in full reign in Washington. In the week before Christmas, three Democrats from red districts retired (two from Tennessee and one from Kansas) and a fourth, Parker Griffith of Alabama, became a Republican. Now, with Dodd's and Dorgan's retirements, we can expect the blue legislators from red states to start falling ever more quickly.

But these retirements also send a signal to voters that is anything but helpful to President Obama: They signal that Democrats expect to lose. Nobody buys that these folks are leaving to spend more time with their families. Voters all realize that Democratic senators and congressmen are reading the handwriting on the walls, which sends the same message as the polls -- that voters are fed up with the Obama administration and with the Democratic Party.

To see Democrats stand up and, in effect, admit defeat is a bit like watching repentant sinners confessing at a revival meeting. One outburst triggers another. And the specter of Democratic leaders running from having to face their constituents again convinces swing voters that maybe there is something rotten in the party and in its congressional delegation.

Dorgan and Dodd both retired because they felt they would lose. But each had new scandals to fear had he actually run.

Dorgan never had to account to the voters of North Dakota for his role in accepting almost $100,000 in campaign contributions from Jack Abramoff's firm or the Indian tribes it represented. In return for these funds, Dorgan interceded on behalf of one tribe in Massachusetts and another in Mississippi, both far from his home state. Because his involvement came out after the 2004 elections had been held and he was safely returned to Congress, he never had to face the voters.

Indeed, he was the ranking Democrat on the Indian Affairs Subcommittee and led the investigation of the Abramoff bribes, never mentioning that he was one of their recipients. It would have been fun to watch him try to escape the criticism.

Dodd, at last being held to account for his role in fronting for AIG for his entire career, also faced issues related to his wife's employment by a subsidiary of AIG at the same time that Dodd was running errands for it in Congress. Dodd, of course, was the largest single recipient of AIG funds in Congress, getting more than twice as much as the next largest recipient.

The scandals that attach to Dodd and Dorgan would have injured the party and cost them angst not only in Connecticut and North Dakota but throughout the nation.

Obviously, the North Dakota seat will go Republican, probably to the North Dakota governor, John Hoeven.

But the Connecticut seat is hardly the automatic Democratic seat most pundits predict. While State Attorney General Richard Blumenthal is quite popular and enjoys broad support, Connecticut voters are fed up with the Democratic agenda and opposed to the health care bill.

The more all Democratic senators march in lockstep to pass legislation the people of America oppose, the more voters are willing to look past the candidates and vote based on party labels.

Rob Simmons, a former Connecticut congressman, would be a strong challenger to Blumenthal and, with the tide as pronounced as it is becoming for the GOP, who is to say that he can't pull it off?

Ditto, by the way, for anyone who challenges Kristen Gillibrand. Her record of flacking for the tobacco companies and her flip-flops on most major issues since her appointment make her very vulnerable to any GOP challenger who steps up to the plate.

When a tsunami is coming, it's very hard to predict how high the tide will go. Will it just lap over the swing states like Arkansas and Nevada? Will it go up to the lean-Democrat states and cost them seats in Delaware and Colorado? Or will it surge so far that it takes away Democratic Senate seats in solid Democratic states without elected incumbents like New York with Gillibrand, Illinois and Connecticut? Or will it so swamp the nation that even where Democratic incumbents are running in blue states, they are not safe in states like California, Washington, Indiana, Oregon and Pennsylvania?

Our bet is that the rising tide will swamp all their boats.

Not just Harry
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Harry Reid (the dipshit) apologizes for Negro comment
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »
don't let the door hit em all in the ass on the way out

goodbye all democrats and lousy republicans! Clean House 2010

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:54:22 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a9NvOyHoLRbM

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele called on Democratic Senator Harry Reid to step down as majority leader over comments he made about then-presidential candidate Barack Obama during the 2008 campaign.

Rich

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »
The democrat leaders in Congress are all reprobates. That is, they have no morals. They will never willingly give up power.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »
actually i wish Michael Steele would shut up.....
we probably dont want Harry "Negro" Reid to step down.....thats what
they did in New Jersey.....the scumbag democrat stepped down and that allowed
some "elder statesman" Taxocrat to jump in the race and win.....lets keep Harry in
the race until election day!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »
What I love was Feinstein's performance this weekend:

Feinstein said she "saw no Democrats jumping out there and condemning Senator Lott. I know Senator Lott. I happen to be very fond of him. And he made a mistake."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/10/ftn/main6078849.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

Of course,

"'When connected to past comments and votes, this statement casts a dark shadow over Sen. Lott's ability to be a credible party leader,' Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said in a written statement. Feinstein, the state's senior senator, said she condemns any statement that holds segregation as anything but morally repugnant." (Chris H. Sieroty, "California Lawmakers, Analysts Scold Lott," Inland Valley Daily Bulletin [Ontario, CA], 12/28/02)
http://patriotroom.com/article/reflections-on-dem-statements-about-lott

I especially love:

Senator Mary Landrieu

"U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., said she doubts a censure motion would ever reach the Senate floor, but would vote for such a measure if it did. 'I think the remarks could not have been more hurtful and more direct and more out of place,' Landrieu said. But the Senate doesn't ordinarily censure members for distasteful speech, she said, reserving that rebuke for 'actions.' Landrieu said it's up to Senate Republicans to decide whether Lott should give up his leadership job. 'I can tell you if a Democratic leader said such a thing, they would not be allowed to keep their position,' Landrieu said." ("Bush Condemns Remark, Accepts Lott's Apology," The Advocate [Baton Rouge, Louisiana], 12/13/02)
(ibid)

Also, these:

Two Democratic senators - John Kerry of Massachusetts, a presidential aspirant, and Russell D. Feingold of Wisconsin - have called on Lott to resign his leadership post.

Speaking before Lott's news conference, other Democrats suggested that he should consider stepping aside.

Sen. Barbara A. Mikulski of Maryland said Lott's comments "demonstrate a glaring insensitivity to the pain African-Americans suffered as a result of segregation and discrimination."
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2002-12-14/news/0212140122_1_trent-lott-senate-republican-racism/2

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »
actually i wish Michael Steele would shut up.....
we probably dont want Harry "Negro" Reid to step down.....thats what
they did in New Jersey.....the scumbag democrat stepped down and that allowed
some "elder statesman" Taxocrat to jump in the race and win.....lets keep Harry in
the race until election day!

It's astonishing just how much Reid looks like Hitler.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:58 PM »
What I love was Feinstein's performance this weekend:

Feinstein said she "saw no Democrats jumping out there and condemning Senator Lott. I know Senator Lott. I happen to be very fond of him. And he made a mistake."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/10/ftn/main6078849.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

Of course,

"'When connected to past comments and votes, this statement casts a dark shadow over Sen. Lott's ability to be a credible party leader,' Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said in a written statement. Feinstein, the state's senior senator, said she condemns any statement that holds segregation as anything but morally repugnant." (Chris H. Sieroty, "California Lawmakers, Analysts Scold Lott," Inland Valley Daily Bulletin [Ontario, CA], 12/28/02)
http://patriotroom.com/article/reflections-on-dem-statements-about-lott

I especially love:

Senator Mary Landrieu

"U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., said she doubts a censure motion would ever reach the Senate floor, but would vote for such a measure if it did. 'I think the remarks could not have been more hurtful and more direct and more out of place,' Landrieu said. But the Senate doesn't ordinarily censure members for distasteful speech, she said, reserving that rebuke for 'actions.' Landrieu said it's up to Senate Republicans to decide whether Lott should give up his leadership job. 'I can tell you if a Democratic leader said such a thing, they would not be allowed to keep their position,' Landrieu said." ("Bush Condemns Remark, Accepts Lott's Apology," The Advocate [Baton Rouge, Louisiana], 12/13/02)
(ibid)

Also, these:

Two Democratic senators - John Kerry of Massachusetts, a presidential aspirant, and Russell D. Feingold of Wisconsin - have called on Lott to resign his leadership post.

Speaking before Lott's news conference, other Democrats suggested that he should consider stepping aside.

Sen. Barbara A. Mikulski of Maryland said Lott's comments "demonstrate a glaring insensitivity to the pain African-Americans suffered as a result of segregation and discrimination."
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2002-12-14/news/0212140122_1_trent-lott-senate-republican-racism/2

OUCH

But naaaaa.......no double standard here.  Move along
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-01-10/republican-chairman-calls-for-reid-to-step-down-update1-.html

Re-election Bid

Reid, first elected to the Senate in 1986, is facing a difficult bid to stay in office this year. A poll by the Las Vegas Review Journal and published yesterday, gives Reid a 52 percent unfavorable rating and shows him losing to three potential Republican opponents.

“Reid can’t afford any mistakes if he wants to get re- elected,” said Nathan Gonzales, political editor of the Rothenberg Political Report. “Reid wins by getting voters to focus on his opponent and stories like this don’t help.”

Reid is among the most imperiled of the Democratic Party’s incumbent senators, along with Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania. Democratic senators Chris Dodd of Connecticut and Byron Dorgan of North Dakota, who were also in tough reelection battles, announced their retirements last week.