Author Topic: Trent Lott  (Read 5527 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trent Lott
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »
It's like telling the guy, on his 100th birthday no less, "Strom, you would have made a great President.  Not."

Americans have a custom called a "roast" to celebrate famous people. Some jokes told at roasts last year:

Kathy Griffin, to Joan Rivers: "Joan is not an Orthodox Jew, but men still f*ck her through a sheet so they don't have to look at that face."

Jeffrey Ross: "Let's face it, Joan Rivers is so old, if you Google her, you can find her on Craig's and 'Schindler's Lists.' "

Whitney Cummings, to Robin Quivers: "Robin's vagina is like the first five minutes of a movie. It's never been seen by a black guy."

Jeffrey Ross, to Robin Quivers: "Let's face it, Robin. Without the 'Howard Stern' show, the only thing you'd be saying into a microphone would be, 'Welcome to Popeye's, may I take your order?' "
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:35:01 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »
It's like telling the guy, on his 100th birthday no less, "Strom, you would have made a great President.  Not."

Americans have a custom called a "roast" to celebrate famous people. Some jokes told at roasts last year:

Kathy Griffin, to Joan Rivers: "Joan is not an Orthodox Jew, but men still f*ck her through a sheet so they don't have to look at that face."

Jeffrey Ross: "Let's face it, Joan Rivers is so old, if you Google her, you can find her on Craig's and 'Schindler?s Lists.' "

Whitney Cummings, to Robin Quivers: "Robin's vagina is like the first five minutes of a movie. It's never been seen by a black guy."

Jeffrey Ross, to Robin Quivers: "Let's face it, Robin. Without the 'Howard Stern' show, the only thing you'd be saying into a microphone would be, 'Welcome to Popeye's, may I take your order?' "

OMG

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »
My, novel concept, a roast.  Brilliant idea.  Trent Lott should fire his whole PR team and take on you guys to replace them.  I never heard that Thurmond's 100th birthday party was a roast.  But there's no reason in the world why it can't be turned into anything retroactively if it can save a racist's ass.

BTW, I honestly don't get the one about black guys and the first five minutes.  They're too dumb or fucked-up to arrive anywhere on time?  They always sneak in after the show starts?  Too scared of the dark to open their eyes until five minutes after the lights go out?  Too dumb to find a seat till it's five minutes into the show?

What is so fucking funny about any of those explanations?  Am I missing something?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

Lott, OTOH, explicitly endorsed a view favourable to de jure racial segregation, which the Supreme Court had already ruled was detrimental to the civil rights of black Americans   THAT is what is beyond the pale.

No...

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »
BTW, I honestly don't get the one about black guys and the first five minutes.  They're too dumb or fucked-up to arrive anywhere on time?  They always sneak in after the show starts?  Too scared of the dark to open their eyes until five minutes after the lights go out?  Too dumb to find a seat till it's five minutes into the show?

CPT

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CPT

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
My, novel concept, a roast.  Brilliant idea.  Trent Lott should fire his whole PR team and take on you guys to replace them.  I never heard that Thurmond's 100th birthday party was a roast.  But there's no reason in the world why it can't be turned into anything retroactively if it can save a racist's ass.

What is so fucking funny about any of those explanations?  Am I missing something?

running late because they had to do a quick crack sale

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:37 PM »
So I'm not the only one who didn't get the joke.  Did anyone?