Author Topic: Hilarious - Beck Rips Lewis for "comparing himself" to a civil rights activist  (Read 1372 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This has to be seen to be believed.    Glenn Beck, watching photos of Congressman Lewis and others marching with their arms locked, waxing indignant at LEWIS "comparing himself to a civil rights marcher."

This is an actual quote from Beck:  "How DARE you!"

I almost died laughing.  As the article points out, John Lewis was arrested 40 times, beaten almost to death and suffered numerous other assaults and batteries during the fight for black civil rights in the South.  And this ass-hole fucking idiot, Glenn Beck, is going orbital over Lewis "comparing himself" to a civil rights marcher.

Priceless.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201003220073

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
So what was Pelosi's role in the Civil Rights movement?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
He wasn't laughing at Pelosi, he was laughing at Lewis.  Pelosi came in as an afterthought, after he had already ripped Lewis.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Good thing there's folks like Beck for Tee to go rippin....I mean debating, vs actual saloon members who actually attempt to debate issues with him
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
He wasn't laughing at Pelosi, he was laughing at Lewis.  Pelosi came in as an afterthought, after he had already ripped Lewis.

It would be illuminating to see the entire segment vs the quick edit presented. Might provide that all important context.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Cannot imagine at present any context that would leave Beck looking like anything other than the poisonous buffoon that he seems to be right now, but sure, I'd be willing to look at the broader context, if there is one.  Who knows, maybe Beck isn't such a clown after all, maybe the true context of that clip will reveal Beck to be one of the greatest statesmen of our time.  The eternal optimist, BT.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:55:28 AM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Cannot imagine at present any context that would leave Beck looking like anything other than the poisonous buffoon that he seems to be right now, but sure, I'd be willing to look at the broader context, if there is one.

But in the meantime, it's always best to think the worst of people. Beck is Mormon i hear. That would make him as racist as Eastern European Jews.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<But in the meantime, it's always best to think the worst of people.>>

Are you kidding?  There isn't any context that I can imagine that would make those comments of his look less stupid.  Besides I already know the guy's a fucking nut-case, this was just the cherry on the sundae.  If you're so cocksure that the context will vindicate him, bring it on.

<< Beck is Mormon i hear. That would make him as racist as Eastern European Jews.>>

Huh?  Are you trying to tell me that Mormons are not likely to be racist?  Sorry but that does not accord with my experience, at least of the older generation.  The ones I know are great people, really fantastic human beings, but if they have one flaw, which some will admit, some of them are racist.  But only in an attenuated form of the disease, something akin to the "country club" racism of Gentlemen's Agreement, a novel about postwar antisemitism in America (definitely not one of my favourites, but it did address an issue.)

Eastern European Jews and their descendants in North America generally split about 80% for the Democrats in the U.S.A. and roughly the same in Canada for the Liberals and NDP.  Most of them are anything but racist.   In Israel, I'd say there is a lot of anti-Arab racism among them, so I can't say that they are totally immune to the virus.  Except that if the dispute over land could be resolved, I believe that anti-Arab racism there would evaporate like spit on a hot plate.  If you wanted to examine the ethnic background of the white civil rights campaigners of the 1960s, my guess is that the overwhelming majority of them were Eastern European Jews and their descendants.  The Eastern European Jews are the biggest victims in world history of racism, fascism and militarism.  Most of us can remember where we come from and who our real enemies are.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Alinsky was Eastern European Jewry and you already conceded he was racist. As goes the individual so goes the group.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<Alinsky was Eastern European Jewry and you already conceded he was racist. As goes the individual so goes the group.>>

That's childish.  Netanyahu and Ariel Sharon are bigger racists than Alinsky, and they're also of Eastern European Jewish descent.  The rabbi who claimed that a million Arabs aren't worth a single Jewish fingernail was of Eastern European Jewish descent.  Who the hell would ever claim that we don't have racists among us?  Just nowhere near as many, proportionately, as, say, in the State of Georgia.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
To Mormons like Beck, every non-Mormon is a Gentile. Even Jews are Gentiles to Mormons.

I wonder if Beck wears the special holey Mormon underwear?

It is absurd to say that because Alinsky was a racist, then all Eastern European Jews are therefore also racists. And I do not concede that Alinsky is a racist. The statement that some people are more gaseous than others is true: gaseosity depends on what one eats. Pork chops and red beans are more gas-producing than gelfilte fish and matzoh.

Diet makes a great difference in the odors produced by people. A Mexican bus in 90 degree heat is less stinky as a rule than an air-conditioned Miami bus. Argentine buses are stinkier than Mexican and Dominican buses as well. Meat makes people stinky.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
It is absurd to say that because Alinsky was a racist, then all Eastern European Jews are therefore also racists.

You'll have to take that up with Mikey. His theory is if there is one bad apple, all the apples are bad.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<You'll have to take that up with Mikey. His theory is if there is one bad apple, all the apples are bad. >>

You're WAAAAY too modest, BT.  I think you have more than just one bad apple in Georgia.  You've got containerloads of 'em.  This is the state of Lester Maddox and Uncle Huhmann, the only state in the nation to lynch Jews as well as blacks.  And still today denying the existence of racism when it rears up its ugly head and spits right in the face (figuratively speaking, now) of black legislators.  The first step in addressing a problem is to acknowledge the existence of the problem, but you and plane spend prodigious amounts of energy denying it at its most obvious.   I dunno, YOU figure it out.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<To Mormons like Beck, every non-Mormon is a Gentile. Even Jews are Gentiles to Mormons.>>

"They [my parents] call my wife a shiksa, just because she's not Jewish!"
(classic Woody Allen line)