Author Topic: Pat Buchanan Calls a Spade a Spade  (Read 3642 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pat Buchanan Calls a Spade a Spade
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
An example of nothing except some overheated rhetoric.  In terms of which side is actually the more violent, verbal hyperbole from either side is usually irrelevant.  

I guess your example about the Michigan militia idiots is just an example of "overheated rhetoric" as well - they hurt no one, did they? Last time I checked, they hadn't even fired their guns at any targets, other than paper ones.

And we have Norman Leboon in the news the same day arrested for having actually fired a rifle into Eric Cantor's office and posting videos online saying that the next bullets will be in his head.

I'd say the Left wins this day.

You also seem to ignore all the firebombing going on lately against targets on the Right.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »
Must fit template, Ami.  Must fit his template.  All other facts, evidence, and logic to the contrary, be damned
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
Must fit template, Ami.  Must fit his template.  All other facts, evidence, and logic to the contrary, be damned

Personally I have felt for years that he's just pushing our buttons. For all I know he's a staunch Conservative pretending to be a liberal wack job. I've considered doing it myself but it takes a lot of work and brainpower to pull it off.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »

Personally I have felt for years that he's just pushing our buttons. For all I know he's a staunch Conservative pretending to be a liberal wack job. I've considered doing it myself but it takes a lot of work and brainpower to pull it off.

Well, then that can't possibly be the case now, can it      ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 10:17:49 PM »
<<I guess your example about the Michigan militia idiots is just an example of "overheated rhetoric" as well ->>

Sure it is, Ami - - with guns and ammo to match.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
I ask for left-wing wackos as dangerous as the right-wing, starting with the Christian Warriors militia planning to massacre cops, with the guns and ammo already acquired for the task and just ready to go, and so I am offered . . .  Norman LEBOON?

This is some kind of fucking joke?  Where does a shot at Eric Cantor's head come anywhere close to the carnage of a police massacre?  These trained militia guys are following in the footsteps of Timothy McVeigh and the KKK and we are offered as an "equivalent" some wimpy wannabe who can't even shoot straight?

Back to the drawing boards, guys, try again.  And again.  And again.

<<You accuse Buchanan of not reporting all the facts and he's not even a reporter, he's a commentator. >>

Well he comments on "facts" that are cherry-picked to prove his point, which is a very dishonest kind of commentary.  What are you trying to say, that he's not a dishonest journalist, he's a dishonest commentator?  BFD.

<<24/7 the New York Times and other MSM outlets lie, distort, mislead, and shade the truth but you are OK with the people that call themselves PRESS not doing their job. >>

I criticize the NYT many times and have told this group several times why I no longer trust it and why I no longer buy it.

<<Plus Buchanan claims to be a Conservative where as the MSM just acts impartial.>>

That's because he's a commentator.

<< You are a silly boy Mikey. I betcha $10 bucks you work or used to work at a university or some other liberal institution because you are way far gone. That would have to explain it. >>

Not even close.  I was an active volunteer member of AI for about 15 years and gave up on them when I realized that the real solution to the problem was political.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 10:39:37 PM »
A solution to the problem requires a definition of the problem.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »
<<A solution to the problem requires a definition of the problem.>>

In the case of AI, the problem is primarily the incarceration and torture of political prisoners, which grew while I was there into a broader campaign against the use of torture in general.     

(They are also concerned with the death penalty, but since I support capital punishment and always have, I did not take part in their death penalty actions.)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 02:07:04 AM »
<<A solution to the problem requires a definition of the problem.>>

In the case of AI, the problem is primarily the incarceration and torture of political prisoners, which grew while I was there into a broader campaign against the use of torture in general.     

(They are also concerned with the death penalty, but since I support capital punishment and always have, I did not take part in their death penalty actions.)

This isn't a political problem?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »
<<This isn't a political problem?>>

Sure it is, and with a political solution.  AI was obsessed with being non-political, and it worked (in a very small number of individual cases.)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »
This is some kind of fucking joke?  Where does a shot at Eric Cantor's head come anywhere close to the carnage of a police massacre?  These trained militia guys are following in the footsteps of Timothy McVeigh and the KKK and we are offered as an "equivalent" some wimpy wannabe who can't even shoot straight?

What police massacre? When did it happen?

I can demonstrate actual shots being fired at a congress critter, you can demonstrate some hot heads in the woods making threats. Seems like my example was the more violent.

After all, a few years ago you were all up in arms when the FBI arrested a leftist bunch in NJ (IIRC) for plotting anti-Bush stuff - they had purchased weapons and were seeking to purchase more. But you and Brass (and I think XO as well) were defending them because they hadn't done anything yet AND WERE UNLIKELY TO DO SO, according to you. Planning is not action, you guys all said.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 12:37:36 PM »
<<I can demonstrate actual shots being fired at a congress critter, you can demonstrate some hot heads in the woods making threats. Seems like my example was the more violent.>>

One lone gunman and a helluva poor shot at that versus a trained corps of militia men on a mission, practicing and organized?  I dunno, you don't seem to be much of an expert on risk assessment.  

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 12:48:04 PM »
One lone gunman and a helluva poor shot at that versus a trained corps of militia men on a mission, practicing and organized?  I dunno, you don't seem to be much of an expert on risk assessment. 

Trained corps of militia men? ROFLMAO Have you seen the pictures of these guys?

"Out of work, over-weight rednecks" is a better description.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »
One lone gunman and a helluva poor shot at that versus a trained corps of militia men on a mission, practicing and organized?  I dunno, you don't seem to be much of an expert on risk assessment. 

Trained corps of militia men? ROFLMAO Have you seen the pictures of these guys?

"Out of work, over-weight rednecks" is a better description.

They look like toothless in-bread losers that listen to Dueling Banjos.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »
toothless, overweight, over-age my ass - - this guy looks exactly like any other piece of low-hanging fruit that the army takes in and makes "men" out of.

http://tinyurl.com/yaxfm7g

If you're going to tell me that a squad of guys like this, even with some older and fatter guys among them, benefiting from training, unit cohesion and discipline, is less dangerous than a lone nut and lousy shot like Leboon, good luck to ya.