Author Topic: I wish we had a president with balls like Sheriff Arpaio  (Read 1977 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I wish we had a president with balls like Sheriff Arpaio
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:01:52 AM »
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Arpaio-gets-inmates-moving-on-electricity/kWfEck1HykmqUb4Wi-nDbg.cspx

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is implementing a new inmate program at Tent City Jail called “Pedal Vision.”

The program uses inmate-powered cycles to generate electricity for televisions.

Reports say Arpaio’s recent visit to Tent City inspired the idea, when he saw that many of the inmates were overweight.

The stationary bikes are customized so that as an inmate pedals, a connected television is powered once the cycle generates 12 volts of electricity.

One hour of pedaling equals one hour of television viewing for the inmates, according to Arpaio.

Arpaio said the inmates will only be able to watch television in the television room if they choose to pedal.

"I started with the females because they seemed more receptive to the idea," Arpaio said. "The only exercise the females get right now is speed-walking around the tents yard and few are doing that. This gives them a reason to get moving and a way to burn up to 500 calories an hour. They won't be charged a monthly gym fee but they will have to sign a contract."

Sheriff Arpaio debuted the pilot program on April 1.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:10:40 AM by Kramer »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I wish we had a president with balls like Sheriff Arpaio
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:18:26 AM »
Grandstanding and acting like a moron does not require "balls".

There is no evidence that his forcing convicts to wear pink underwear has prevented crime.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:26:12 AM »
Provided there's adequate medical oversight, sounds like a win-win proposition. Although you have to wonder if there isn't a more productive use for their energy than watching the MSM.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:24:34 AM »
Grandstanding and acting like a moron does not require "balls".

that must explain why you wear a mini skirt and no underwear. if I might add you are pretty ugly too.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:32:39 AM by Kramer »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
bet the contract is to protect him heart attacks.

his inmates has a lower than average lifespan.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »
if you really think about tent city,it`s existence means he failed to stop crime or he`s arresting people with really petty crimes to keep those tents filled.

note his programs -less meals,cheaper food sources,cheap building structure are all money saving ideas to line his pockets.

I always wondered why all my friends left arizona. in fact I`ve never heard of folks wanting to live there.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
if you really think about tent city,it`s existence means he failed to stop crime or he`s arresting people with really petty crimes to keep those tents filled.

note his programs -less meals,cheaper food sources,cheap building structure are all money saving ideas to line his pockets.

I always wondered why all my friends left arizona. in fact I`ve never heard of folks wanting to live there.

No the Tent City means he is arresting criminals and his jails are filled to over-capacity. He does not write the law just enforces it. If you don't like the laws don't bitch about the Sheriff bitch to the politicians who write them.

I'd rather have a police force the enforces law like in Arizona over the police in San Fransicko who stand on the corner (asking the criminals how long they plan on breaking the law) while illegals illegally occupy some persons residence, which happened last week and for all I know is still going on.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

I've known quite a few.

Arizona's population has grown over 26% from 2000 to 2008, according to census estimates, so somebody must be moving there.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/04000.html
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:06:30 PM »
No the Tent City means he is arresting criminals and his jails are filled to over-capacity. He does not write the law just enforces it. If you don't like the laws don't bitch about the Sheriff bitch to the politicians who write them.

uhm
those tents been there for over a decade and as you said he`s over capacity ,meaning he`s not doing that good of a job. and speaking about the laws, his job is a elected position so he has some influence on the laws.

and i stand corrected about arizona.

but I do agree kramer about SFPD but to be correct they are hobbled in thier capacity.

I gave up on them when a officer was knocked out by a homeless person and that person got release while the officer was still in the hospital.

I don`t blame the police ,but I can`t believe they can be effective without city support.

these poor guys are on thier own.

google chris daly to see one of the problems with the city.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:09:37 PM »
those tents been there for over a decade and as you said he`s over capacity ,meaning he`s not doing that good of a job. and speaking about the laws, his job is a elected position so he has some influence on the laws.

He's elected to enforce the laws. The laws themselves, plus the funding for building new jails, is up to the legislature. A sheriff has no control and very little input into the legislative process.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
for a man with little influence he`s done quite alot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
From a law enforcement standpoint, yea.  As Ami has referenced already, he's not a member of the legislative branch.  Are you advocating he run for state senator?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
From a law enforcement standpoint, yea.  As Ami has referenced already, he's not a member of the legislative branch.  Are you advocating he run for state senator?

John McCains US Senate seat would be a good place for him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 05:09:38 PM »
I hear JD isn't a bad choice, and he's running currently against McCain
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
edit
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--