Author Topic: Muhammad al-Durrah  (Read 911 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Muhammad al-Durrah
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:23:35 AM »
"You know it's always like that." Enderlin responded that just because scenes are played out for the camera does not mean they are not also real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Durrah_incident

Reason to doubt?

Do bullets fired into a wall at a steep angle make round or oval holes in the wall?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:25:53 AM by Plane »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Muhammad al-Durrah
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
Yeah, that's the story the Israelis finally came up with, after their first two lame official  "explanations" didn't wash.  I think they're onto a winning lie, it just took them too long to come up with it.  Give 'em good marks for ingenuity, but they are gonna fail anyway, since the exam was over before they were able to put their heads together and come up with a "winner."   Mohammed el Doura's a martyr in the Arab and Islamic world, he's been on postage stamps, etc.  No doubt in my mind who killed him.  AND the ambulance driver who tried to save him.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »
Do bullets fired into a wall at a steep angle make round or oval holes in the wall?

Interestingly enough, Teflon coated bullets fired at an oblique angle make round holes.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »

Interestingly enough, Teflon coated bullets fired at an oblique angle make round holes.

That is surprising.

Who was useing teflon coated bullets?

The Wiki article is exaustive , almost too long to read , and inconclusive. lots of facts are avilable but the conclusive proof isn't.

Seems as if no one present was worried about quality of evidence , not the Isrelis who destroyed that wall later nor the Palestinians who performed Autopsy but didn't save any bullets , didn't write up direction of wound channel.

There were Palistinians with a clear shot who could have killed that boy , Isrelis who could have mistaken him for a combatant who also could have shot him . Motive? yes that is also spread around .

Reading about the whole day makes it seem inevitable that someone was going to get shot .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 10:44:56 PM »

Don't know; my comment was not specific to this case.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »

Don't know; my comment was not specific to this case.

It makes me wonder what is the mechanism.

Is the teflon coated bullet a lot faster?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »

I saw some high-speed video once. Apparently Teflon is "sticky" at the temps generated at impact. The bullet's leading edge "sticks" on impact and the bullet turns to penetrate at a right angle.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 11:04:26 PM »

I saw some high-speed video once. Apparently Teflon is "sticky" at the temps generated at impact. The bullet's leading edge "sticks" on impact and the bullet turns to penetrate at a right angle.

That is wild , but there has to be some limit to it the momentum being turned would deliver more power to the down stream side of the hole.