Author Topic: The Roundup Has Begun  (Read 2500 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Roundup Has Begun
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100613/D9GA4CAO0.html

Authorities raid Sizzler restaurants in Phoenix

PHOENIX (AP) - Sheriff's deputies raided two Sizzler steak house restaurants in Phoenix on Saturday, arresting nine employees who are suspected of being illegal immigrants and using fraudulent documents to get jobs.

The raids were part of a yearlong investigation into whether the operators of the two Sizzler locations broke a civil law by knowingly hiring illegal immigrants, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Lt. Brian Lee said in a statement.

Deputies were looking for 23 suspects wanted for identity theft, Lee said. Authorities believe one of the suspects was deported three times and has been hired back by Sizzler each time he returned.

The sheriff's office received a tip from a former Sizzler manager who claimed he had been fired for his refusal to hire employees without the proper documents, Lee said.

"This is another example of a case where desperately needed jobs are being occupied by illegal aliens who have disregarded our laws and our borders," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in the statement.

Arpaio, known for pushing the bounds for how local law enforcement agencies can confront illegal immigration, frequently raids workplaces in the greater Phoenix area for people in the U.S. illegally.

A message left at one of the two restaurants wasn't immediately returned Saturday afternoon. A manager at the other restaurant declined to provide his name and publicly comment on the raid.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Roundup Has Begun
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »
THAT'LL bring more tourists to Arizona for sure.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
My wife and I are planning on it now.  And the City of Orange just passed a resolution, similar to Costa Mesa, with the expressly referenced agenda of sending more tourism and probable convention-like activities to AZ.

Yea, it'll work
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 12:14:50 PM »
THAT'LL bring more tourists to Arizona for sure.

Normal people understand the need for laws governing who can and can't come to our country. Normal people don't like illegal activity nor do they condone illegal immigration or whatever you want to call it. Normal people see the AZ law isn't racist because it does not single out race. Normal people will be happy to go to Arizona for a vacation, and most definitely normal people that have a vacation planned to Arizona will not boycott. My brother in law and his family are just rising from sleep in a hotel in in Flagstaff after seeing the Grand Canyon for the past 4 days. They are just regular folk like the rest of us and are happy to spend money in Arizona.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »

Deputies were looking for 23 suspects wanted for identity theft, Lee said. Authorities believe one of the suspects was deported three times and has been hired back by Sizzler each time he returned.

The sheriff's office received a tip from a former Sizzler manager who claimed he had been fired for his refusal to hire employees without the proper documents, Lee said.

"This is another example of a case where desperately needed jobs are being occupied by illegal aliens who have disregarded our laws and our borders," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in the statement.

If the job the immigrant was hired three times to do is so desperately needed, why was it left open for the immigrant to fill three times?

Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »

If the job the immigrant was hired three times to do is so desperately needed, why was it left open for the immigrant to fill three times?

with the high unemployment rate someone should take those jobs. but then again there is no incentive when people get good benefits living off unemployment. I say the gov should go out look up people collecting unemployment and see what they are up to. Like the old days make them fill out forms explaining what they are doing. Oh buddy boy those jobs would be filled fast if I were running things.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:03:54 AM »

Turnover at such food service establishments is very high.  There are always openings.  It's low-paying, frustrating work that people take when they are desperate.  So it isn't unusual for a person to be hired, leave, come back, and so on. 

My question is, Why is Sizzler still in business?  It's one thing to recycle old employees, but when a known illegal is rehired, the problem is not the employee, it's the employer.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »
I`m always willing to help people get jobs with what little knowledge I have. but you can`t help people who don`t  want to work. I was trying to get a friend`s husband a job in security, but he wanted a six figure job , just like what he used to have in construction.

I just left them alone.
you can`t blame illegals for that one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »
No one is, Kimba.  The only thing one is blaming illegals for is entering this country illegally, subsequently demonstrating a total disrespect for our sovereignty and rule of law.

The issue of them taking up so many lower paying jobs, is that those jobs, especially with the economy the way it is, are positions that LEGAL immigrants and Americans should be provided the option of taking.  If not taken, then its up to the employers to make those positions more appealing to LEGAL immigrants & Americans.  No, not by way of a 3 figure income, but potentially raising wage, and/or the providing of other perks.  

Allowing employers the opportunity to keep such jobs low paying, and abusing that of the illegal immigrant, demonstrates a total disrespect of the immigrant, and that which makes America the place people want to come here for, to begin with
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:11:45 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »
<<Normal people understand the need for laws governing who can and can't come to our country. Normal people don't like illegal activity nor do they condone illegal immigration or whatever you want to call it. Normal people see the AZ law isn't racist because it does not single out race. Normal people will be happy to go to Arizona for a vacation, and most definitely normal people that have a vacation planned to Arizona will not boycott. My brother in law and his family are just rising from sleep in a hotel in in Flagstaff after seeing the Grand Canyon for the past 4 days. They are just regular folk like the rest of us and are happy to spend money in Arizona.>>

The $90 million boycott loss in Phoenix alone must have been from boycotting by ABNORMAL  people, then.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/12/us/12phoenix.html

I'd say it's time to redefine "normal" when the "abnormals" clearly outnumber the "normals."   And/or just as clearly outspend them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 11:19:33 AM »
Tee conveniently ommiting those locales, such as Los Angeles, being hit with just as bad a boycott, for their public desicion in advocating the boycotting of AZ. 

And guess who gets stuck the worse, everywhere?  The same folks, that are supposedly the ones being "helped" by these boycotts.  Way to go, fellas

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »
demonstrates a total disrespect of the immigrant

not really sure how much of an effect it has, since immigrants compared to native born americans can get job abit easier. remember were willing to do the minimum wage jobs. that ability makes us alot more employable .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 12:13:33 PM »
For legal immigrants, absolutely. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »
Arizona is already looseing population.

This has worse potential to hurt the standard of liveing in the state than ary boycot .

The ones they are looseing now are those who feel at risk from the new policy , so what is happening is exactly what they must have wanted .

Will there be buyers remorse or will there be jubilation?

I think we stand to learn .

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 02:20:42 AM »
the theory is business with less people can afford to hire americans at a higher pay for less work since it has less customers.

it could happen.