Author Topic: Obama lawyers want the military to continue to bar openly gay people!  (Read 12641 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama lawyers want the military to continue to bar openly gay people!
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
I gotta checkup on this subject. I could of sworn drone are not that effective since it`s like next to impossible to make them radio hacker proof.

I remember 10 years ago that missle had super long wires attached to them to prevent radio problems.

I`m not sure a solution was made yet

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
It is probably not possible to make it 100% radio hacker proof, but there are all manner of ways to use different and varying frequencies.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »
don`t forget signal jams, I`m not sure that problem has been solved yet.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
I am pretty sure that any info on vulnerability or lack of same would be classified. It would be advantageous to get Al Qaeda or whoever to waste their time trying to do the impossible.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2010, 02:51:17 PM »
Al Quieda had a little success for a while in intercepting the video signal from Preditor drones , they could actually see what we were watching in real time , I hope this has been fixed.

If the codes and frequiencys of a drone were completely understood by an enemy , the thing could be turned and captured or even used against its own launcher.

Drones are a lot more usefull against a poorly computer literate enemy than they would be against a major power that could support a major hacking and jamming effort.

Robots with AI are not sophisticated enough to use as a wepon yet , but this is going to happen .

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »
I`m actually sorta connected with the pentagon, I just asked about the drones.(did I forget to mention i got ALOT of friends in the military)

I`m only allowed to say it`s better than before, but theres room for improvement

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Obama lawyers tangent
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »
What I mean is that a 22 bazillion dollar carrier can be knocked out by maybe only a couple of million dollars worth of drones.

Your problem Xo is 2 fold
1: the drones have to get thru a "shipload" of defensive screens, starting with the Combat Air Patrol.  The Carrier battle Group is also equiped with Frigates, Destroyers, and principly Cruisers, that can employ blankets of Surface to Air Missles, at ranges that can exceed over hundred miles.  Anything that manages to get thru that wall of defense, has to deal with each ship's own Close in Weapon's Systems (CIWS), that can target and fire automatically at any incoming hostile

Meaning, the Bazillion Dollar Carrier is likely to be unscathed from a drone attack, much less a couple.  A Carrier's real threat is a torpedo from a foreign attack sub.  Much harder to find, even harder to evade, and far more damage from just 1 torpedo, than with a drone

2: your minimizing ot the Navy completely misses the point Cu4 and others have referenced....the ability to literally put a "U.S. air force within striking distance" of any location, within days.  Presidents have consistently referenced that when hostilities break, out anywhere on the globe, the 1st military question asked, is not "Where are my stealth bombers?, but "Where are the carriers?"  I believe its referred to as force projection, and can only be initially achieved via the Navy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:14:53 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »
I seriously question your knowledge of weapons systems. The military and the weapons builders are constantly putting out all sorts of puffery about how we must piss away trillions on what they have to sell.

Aircraft are becoming obsolete. That means that the planes on aircraft carriers are also becoming obsolete.

It is not "my problem". I am simply commenting on how we waste tons of money on toys for the military.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
If robotic fighters and bombers become so well developed that manned aircraft cannot compete, won't aircraft carriers be good launching platforms for the robots?

An Aircraft carrier outfitted for drones would not be much diffrent than the aircraft carrier already is , but there would be room to carry many more robot aircraft than there was to carry manned aircraft.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
I seriously question your knowledge of weapons systems. The military and the weapons builders are constantly putting out all sorts of puffery about how we must piss away trillions on what they have to sell.  Aircraft are becoming obsolete. That means that the planes on aircraft carriers are also becoming obsolete.

You can question all you want.  The above response of mine isn't opinion however.  It is fact

It is not "my problem". I am simply commenting on how we waste tons of money on toys for the military.

Government in general, wastes a ton of $$$$.   It's not confined to the military.  I just read that right here in L.A., with the massive deficits the city is running, they're starting a new program, involving "Recycling Ambassadors".  A 1 million dollar (that they don't have) new program where by these "Recycling Ambassadors" will travel the city, and "educate" its people on how they should better fill their recycling bins

Everyone remember that commercial not too long ago about a fictitious trash police?  Well, in L.A. fiction is closing in on reality
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2010, 11:19:02 PM »
It is conceivable that if the public separates its trash better, that it could easily save $1,000,000.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »
It's an absurd waste of tax dollars, in a city already running a deficit, paying these "ambassadors" 75K to go to people's homes to tell them "the green one is for recyclables, and the brown one is for yard trash".  One of the few things L.A. already does well, is recycle, which includes the ability to separate their waste, into the proper bins
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:45:38 AM by sirs »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2010, 03:36:37 AM »
in my town recycling is pretty heavy also,but we got new types of crime from it. thiers these band of thieves who go into our recycling bin to steal our recycleable for money. the stupid thing is nobody really has a problem with these theft. except that these guys leave a mess that would make the homeowner charged for littering. also some of these guys are super stupid one guys stole a copper grave marker and try to sell it. despite it`s totally obvious it`s stolen.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2010, 03:51:15 AM »
forgot to mention I now have to wake up early in the morning to put out the trash instead the night before, so I can avoid those thieves. we finally got some laws to stop them,but I`ll wait and see if it works

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
It would be interesting to know how sirs knows the degree of precision to which millions of Angelinos recycle. Perhaps he has taken on the mission of garbage and recyclable inspector, rooting through his neighbors' refuse.

Here in Miami, three years ago, the local Latino Univision station ran a story about how all the recycled stuff was being temporarily mixed with regular trash and garbage due to a major amount of wind damage to the recycling facility. Most of my neighbors, 2 of 10 on my block, never use the blue recyclable drums, only the green garbage and yard waste drums, because what they got from this story years ago as that no one needs to recycle.