Author Topic: Class Struggle  (Read 8563 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Class Struggle
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 02:18:55 PM »
You have here proven that haveing a government approved model for society can get you in trouble. How will you prove that not haveing a government approved model for society is a mistake?

Civil War Somalia, Second Congolese Civil War, Rwanda, Bosnia.

But that isn't what I've proven. I've proven that you have your own personal beliefs for what society should and should not be. Even believing in a lack of government is a personal belief in society.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »
Neither does disbeleiveing something make it untrue.

The first cars were expensive , the first telephones were expensive the first computers were expensive the first cell phones were expensive .

The exceptions are few , the welthy are needed for startup industrys .

===============================================================================
The early adapters of technology were not the ultra-wealthy, but those who had an actual need for the technology in their occupations. The first cars were bought by doctors. The first motorized vehicles were buses, trucks and such, The first computers belonged to banks and governmental agencies, then hobbyists who paid $400 or so for their Sinclair ZX-80's, then TRS-80's TI-99-4a's, Commodore 64's and such. The first adaptors of computers and the internet were NOT the wealthy, but middle class geeks.

The first cellphones were bought by doctors and health professionals and others who needed instant access in cases where their access was a matter of life and death for their patients. Lawyers and stockbrokers followed. At the exact same time, beepers, which used much of the same technology, became available at $20 per month or less. It was not the extremely wealthy that bought either cellphones or beepers, but those who needed them in their work.

The top 1% of the population was not and is not the financier of innovation. There aren't enough of them.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:16 AM »
If not the top one percent then certainly the top ten percent , which would include your afore mentioned Doctors.

The top one percent are presently supporting the Russian space program , not a little either.