Author Topic: This sums it all up real well  (Read 42796 times)

Mucho

This sums it all up real well
« on: November 30, 2006, 12:28:59 PM »
Please shut your fucking mouths

You know, it's been a fun three years watching you guys spout nonsense about Iraq. All you cheetos eating slobs. You haven't been right about one fucking thing since 2003 and you need to stop. We're not playing Risk.

But you need to shut the fuck up because you don't know what you're talking about. This is a time for sober discussion and not your vapid cheerleading.

I know it may not be the end that you want, but the war in Iraq is not only lost, but could be the greatest military disaster since Chosin. You may have gotten away with bullying people in the past, but the reality of Bush's war is coming home.

The Associated Press Hits Back At The Military

Yesterday, we detailed criticism by a number of right-wing bloggers of the Associated Press's reporting from Iraq. The criticism focused on a story about Shiites burning six Sunni worshippers alive in Baghdad. CENTCOM issued a press release disputing the legitimacy of the source of the story, police Capt. Jamil Hussein, and asking for a retraction or correction if the organization did not have "a credible source" behind it's reporting.

That report came last night. Here's a portion:

Seeking further information about Friday's attack, an AP reporter contacted Hussein for a third time about the incident to confirm there was no error. The captain has been a regular source of police information for two years and had been visited by the AP reporter in his office at the police station on several occasions. The captain, who gave his full name as Jamil Gholaiem Hussein, said six people were indeed set on fire.

On Tuesday, two AP reporters also went back to the Hurriyah neighborhood around the Mustafa mosque and found three witnesses who independently gave accounts of the attack. Others in the neighborhood said they were afraid to talk about what happened.

Those who would talk said the assault began about 2:15 p.m., and they believed the attackers were from the Mahdi Army militia loyal to radical anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr. He and the Shiite militia are deeply rooted in and control the Sadr City enclave in northeastern Baghdad where suspected Sunni insurgents attacked with a series of car bombs and mortar shells, killing at least 215 people a day before.

The witnesses refused to allow the use of their names because they feared retribution either from the original attackers or the police, whose ranks are infiltrated by Mahdi Army members or its associated death squads.

Two of the witnesses — a 45-year-old bookshop owner and a 48-year-old neighborhood grocery owner — gave nearly identical accounts of what happened. A third, a physician, said he saw the attack on the mosque from his home, saw it burning and heard people in the streets screaming that people had been set on fire. All three men are Sunni Muslims.

The message between the lines in all this is that the AP believes the government is going to be more aggressive in challenging the press – even when they don't have the goods to back it up, as the AP believes is the case here. "I have infinitely more faith in the U.S. military than in the Associated Press, but that doesn't mean the military is always right or the AP always wrong," writes Powerline. "It seems that the AP believes it is in a strong position. I'm tempted to say that one institution or the other must emerge from this affair with its credibility damaged." This could be one fight that's just beginning.

Well, Powerline are idiots, because CENTCOM lies like a junkie. They lie about everything when they can, from hillbilly armor to suicides and nothing they say can or should be trusted.

What these mental children need to realize is that Bush has launched this country into a disaster and pretending Iraq is not an insane charnel house is a disservice to anyone with a brain. Yes, they burned people alive. Because they wanted them to suffer.

Your childlike worship of Bush was amusing when it didn't matter, but now, it's time for you to let the adults explain to you what a mess your cheerleading help create. Not that any of you deigned to actually serve, you were too good for that, for raising money for soldiers needs or discussing veterans.

So now, as we watch this play out, your silly, infantile, parsing or as you call it, fisking, comments don't fucking matter. You have no credibility left, the GOP has no credibility left, and the president has no credibility left.

posted by Steve @ 1:00:00 AM

http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/2006/11/please-shut-your-fucking-mouths.html

::)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This sums it all up real well
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »
You and Mr. Gilliard are like smug teenagers. You talk about credibility and sober discussion as if you think you actually have credibility as sober and adult commentators. Here's a clue: you don't.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Mucho

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »
You and Mr. Gilliard are like smug teenagers. You talk about credibility and sober discussion as if you think you actually have credibility as sober and adult commentators. Here's a clue: you don't.

How would you know? You are not an adult in the first place.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »
I guess credibility comes from matching words to facts.  Matching the words "WMD" to the fact of No WMD.  Matching the words "Mission Accomplished" and "the major part of the fighting is over" to the reality three years later of ongoing massacres each more horrific than the last, a lopsided death toll of 3,000 fascist invaders and 600,000 Iraqis.  Matching the words "Democratic Iraq" to the reality of "Anarchistic Iraq" or "Theocratic Iraq."  Matching the words "Greeted as liberators" to the universal hatred shown to the torturers, murderers and rapists who call themselves the U.S. Army in Iraq.

Credibility?  When you hear a war-supporter challenging the credibility of an anti-war person, be it Steve Gilliard or Knute, it sounds like the inmates are trying to run the asylum.  Well, it's too bad, the inmates have had their chance and now the whole place is on fire.

Mucho

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 09:34:13 PM »
Michael- The reality deniers have yet to realize the damage they & their twobit fascist leader, the Bushidiot has fucked everything up. He couldnt have done worse had he tried.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »
Knute, I'm still trying to decide if they're stupid or just crazy.  Leaning towards crazy simply because I can't believe anyone can be that stupid.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 12:03:30 AM »

How would you know?

Simple. I read what you write.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 12:31:23 AM »

I guess credibility comes from matching words to facts.

I agree, hence my comment. I have zero qualms about criticizing Knute or Mr. Gilliard. I do not support either the war in Iraq or the current administration, so I'm not a blind Bush follower or a cheerleader or crazy. And despite all that, neither Knute nor Mr. Gilliard have any credibility, imo. I realize they don't care about my opinion, but I don't believe it's a good idea to let them rant unchallenged as if they were somehow credible adults acting a sober manner on the issue. They're pontificating like teenagers who feel smug because they've got a buzz on. One can almost see them atop a high-horse of daddy's Coors Light, pointing at themselves every time they say the word 'adult' and wagging their fingers with every insult and puffing up their chests every time they say "shut the f--- up". And if they're going to start talking about credibility, sober discussion and letting the adults explain things, I see no reason not to criticize their credibility, or rather their lack thereof.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 01:42:01 AM »
I think what you're saying is that you don't like their style, so they lose their credibility.  That they happen to be right most of the time doesn't enter into it.

Somewhere along the line, I think you've confused sobriety with credibility.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 08:03:50 AM »

I think what you're saying is that you don't like their style, so they lose their credibility.

No, what I'm saying is that in this instance their style is indicative of their lack of credibility.

That they happen to be right most of the time doesn't enter into it.

'Most' is not an adjective I would use there. I would be more inclined to compare them to a broken analog clock.

Somewhere along the line, I think you've confused sobriety with credibility.

Not at all. I'm merely acknowledging their status as a couple of poseurs.

Mucho

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »

How would you know?

Simple. I read what you write.

Yes- you read it with and closed & vacuous mind. It is funny that the younger you are the more certain , but seldom right , you are especially when what could have been a mind is controlled by a silly & extremist ideological religion .

Mucho

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 12:47:35 PM »
Knute, I'm still trying to decide if they're stupid or just crazy.  Leaning towards crazy simply because I can't believe anyone can be that stupid.

They can be and probably are both. I live with these lunatics daily. Orange & San Diego counties in SoCal are lovely , but controlled by the worst kind of greedy fascist assholes. The major newspaper in Santa Ana , OC, Ca that still thinks government funds shouldnt be used for police & fire departments. How stupid & crazy can one be?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 01:34:22 PM »
I think these are the true believers.  Real conservatism is simply based on greed and self-interest, so of course they want fire and police departments like anyone else.  Their "small government" philosophy isn't meant to do anything more than get the government off their backs so they can pursue their crooked schemes and plans to economically beggar the rest of the population and engorge their own wealth.  Or just make more money according to their own individually formulated ethical standards and keep more of what they make, regardless of what anyone else "weaker" than they may need.  The true believers are the ones who are stupid enough to fall for the "philosophical" basis of conservatism and take it to its logical extreme.  More stupid than crazy in that case, sort of disproving my original leanings, at least in respect of them.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 05:05:33 PM »

Yes- you read it with and closed & vacuous mind. It is funny that the younger you are the more certain , but seldom right , you are especially when what could have been a mind is controlled by a silly & extremist ideological religion .

It is funny that you said  "the younger you are the more certain, but seldom right, you are" because no one around here is more certain or more seldom right than you are. You talk big, trying to puff yourself up by insulting people with judgmental condemnations, but the actual substance of what you say is usually vapid and absurd. I dislike you and think you lack credibility not because you are a liberal or because you espouse liberal ideas. It's because you, Knute, talk in a hypocritically self-righteous manner while you spout foolish political dogma and condemn anyone who does not generally agree with you politically. You either cannot or will not open your mind to the notion that people who don't hold your political beliefs can be good people who want to help others, but they just disagree with you on how to do it. You either refuse or are incapable of considering the reasoning of those who don't hold to what you find acceptable. So when you try to accuse someone of being close-minded and vacuous,  that really is funny. It's hilarious.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 05:20:18 PM »
I think these are the true believers.  Real conservatism is simply based on greed and self-interest, so of course they want fire and police departments like anyone else.  Their "small government" philosophy isn't meant to do anything more than get the government off their backs so they can pursue their crooked schemes and plans to economically beggar the rest of the population and engorge their own wealth.  Or just make more money according to their own individually formulated ethical standards and keep more of what they make, regardless of what anyone else "weaker" than they may need.  The true believers are the ones who are stupid enough to fall for the "philosophical" basis of conservatism and take it to its logical extreme.  More stupid than crazy in that case, sort of disproving my original leanings, at least in respect of them.

There is something ironic about people who want to take money and property away from people insisting that someone else's political ideology is based on greed and self-interest. Oh yes, I know, you want to do it for the people, but you seem unwilling to consider that anyone who doesn't agree with you could have similar intentions. No, they're greedy, self-centered people. Not like you. What is it you said there... they want "to economically beggar the rest of the population and engorge their own wealth." Not like your plans to economically beggar everyone so you personally don't have to actually do something to help others. Oh my yes, your plan is so... What's that you say? That isn't your plan? That isn't your motivation? Well, perhaps you should give other people the same consideration. Just because other people don't agree with your politics doesn't mean they're greedy and care only about themselves.