Author Topic: Mosque Comments Create One More Issue for Dems  (Read 1857 times)

RoboPoster

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mosque Comments Create One More Issue for Dems
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
Mosque Comments Create One More Issue for Dems

Rick Klein, ABC News
President Obama hits the campaign trail for congressional candidates this week missing one key piece of the Democrats' argument for 2010 -- and having added a fresh issue for his party to cope with in races nationwide.The missing piece is the economic rebound. The White House's heralded "summer of recovery" simply hasn't materialized; barring an astounding August turnaround, the nation will have fewer jobs at the end of the summer than it did at the beginning.The new piece is the proposed Islamic center in Lower Manhattan. This one is all on Obama.The president's...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2010/08/16/mosque_comments_create_one_more_issue_for_dems_239748.html

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Mosque Comments Create One More Issue for Dems
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:49:58 PM »
I beleive there should be NO mosque this close to Ground Zero but obviously the President disagrees.

I fail to understand why the Muslim community could not take the high road and take the offer from the city to build a bit further away. I know they have their opinion that they should be allowed to build closer but why promote antagonism? Why not just take the concilatory approach and build a bit further away? Unless, of course ,OTHER ISSUES such as inflexible thinking, "a points gotta be made!", etc are at play....
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
Gravy....that's just sounding too darn reasonable, Professor
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
"I fail to understand why the Muslim community could not take the high road and take the offer from the city"

Let me make it easy for you to understand. Because they want to get under your & my skin and they know that liberals hate you and me as much as Muslims so they are using useful idiot liberals to do their bidding. Hope that explains it for you. BTW, that was the short version.