Author Topic: Why isn't Obama 'racist' for ignoring black Africa?  (Read 1295 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Why isn't Obama 'racist' for ignoring black Africa?
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
Suppose President John McCain, as with President Barack Obama, justified military force in Libya to avert "a humanitarian crisis." But then gave no thought of using the military to stop the human slaughter in places like the Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe and the Congo.

How long would it take before the Congressional Black Caucus and the Rev. Jesse Jackson call him "racist"?

In 1994, President Bill Clinton sent 20,000 troops to Haiti, restoring to power that country's first democratically elected president. Ten years later, when violence threatened to further destabilize Haiti, the Congressional Black Caucus again argued for American military intervention. President George W. Bush refused. He properly understood that a commander in chief should put the military in harm's way for one reason only ? to protect, defend and advance national security.

Black detractors called Bush racist.

Jackson said: "It is clear that the right wing in this country does not support that democracy. (Bush) is, in fact, supporting overthrow of this government in this hemisphere."

"Black Americans," wrote MSNBC.com, "have contended that such a policy smacks of racism. They say the United States is unwilling to risk sending soldiers into the chaotic Caribbean nation, the Western Hemisphere's poorest, because its people are of African descent."

Obama refuses to argue that intervening in Libya is part of the fight in the war against Islamofascism and therefore a matter of national security ? the only defensible rationale. For to say so would concede that President Bush was right. Bush's "freedom agenda" strategy, including the "dumb" war in Iraq, was to fight and win the war on terror by encouraging the replacement of hostile Arab and Muslim autocracies with democracies.

Obama instead justifies the use of the military in Libya ? a country that poses no imminent threat and from which we get virtually no oil ? on the desire to avert a "humanitarian" crisis. If that's the reason, why stop there?

Ivory Coast, Africa ? Los Angeles Times, April 3, 2011: "The Red Cross reported an ominous development in the increasingly brutal struggle for control (of the Ivory Coast): the massacre of up to 1,000 civilians in a western town. ...

"'We were shocked by the magnitude of the brutality of the event,' said (a Red Cross official). 'Our colleagues found a huge amount of bodies.' ...

"The killings occurred in an area where ethnic and communal tensions over land have been deepened by the recent political crisis, which began when (Laurent) Gbagbo, the incumbent (president, now under arrest), refused to leave office after the international community declared (Alassane) Ouattara the winner in the U.N.-certified election in November."

Zimbabwe ? NPR, March 30, 2011, interview of Zimbabwe-born journalist Peter Godwin, on the 2008 "election" of longtime dictator Robert Mugabe: "They had ... lists of the opposition party office-bearers right down to ... village level. And they basically, they sent their own people out across the country and picked up the opposition members and took them into newly set up torture bases, which ironically were mostly sited in the schools, which also had stopped operating.

"And they tortured tens of thousands of people, basically. And it's quite interesting because they didn't kill thousands of people. They killed hundreds and hundreds of people, possibly more than 1,000, but they tortured vast numbers of people."

"And then they released them back to their communities so that they were like ? they acted like human billboards, that they were advertisements for what happens if you oppose the regime, and they sort of set off these ripples of fear and anxiety back in their home communities. ... It was literally like a torture factory."

Democratic Republic of the Congo ? U.N. Refugee Agency, March 16, 2011: "Marie (not her real name) was first raped three years ago during a raid on her village that left her husband and 10 children dead ? she was about 70 years old at the time.

"In January, the Congolese grandmother was raped again by armed men. ... 'I told them I was a poor old woman and that I was not interested in politics. They then asked me if I preferred to die or be raped. I told them, 'Rape me then,' Marie, struggling with her emotions, recalled of the second incident.

"'There were six of them. When one finished, another took his place. They hit me and broke my knee. Other women were also there in the forest and, after being raped, the men pushed pieces of wood inside them and the women died,' she told UNHCR. 'I was lucky, they did not kill me.'"

The world is full of hellholes, including several in black Africa with mass killings, genocide and civil wars. Why a "humanitarian" intervention in Libya, but not there?

"We don't make decisions about questions like intervention based on consistency or precedent," said the deputy national security adviser off-camera to reporters before Obama's speech on Libya. "We make them based on how we can best advance our interests in the region."

Doesn't this make Obama ... racist?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Why isn't Obama 'racist' for ignoring black Africa?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
His white 1/2 is but his black 1/2 is just doing what all the other black people do..

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
The US Army is totally integrated, This means that if it interferes in any Black African nation, White American troops will kill Black Africans, it is inevitable. And that will have repercussions in US politics from at least some Black Americans. The French do not have a similar problem, neither do UN peacekeeping troops from Nepal, Uruguay, and India.

The French have more to lose in the Cote d'Ivoire than the Americans, and it was politically more advantageous for them to deal with Gbagbo refusing to leave after losing the election.

Each country needs to be dealt with separately. It is pretty stupid to complain about some policy because you do not fancy what Jesse Jackson MIGHT say. In the case of Congo-Kinshasa, the OAU has already intervened, rather ineffectually, and no one else is going to think about intervening until the OAU has departed.

In the case of Libya, Qaddaffi declared that he was going to kill every rebel in Benghazi, and he has a way of doing what he says, hence the intervention.

Morons and stooges can blame Obama for the price of gasoline, but this is not possible in Europe, so the Europeans are helping the US keep things flowing. 
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
The US Army is totally integrated, This means that if it interferes in any Black African nation, White American troops will kill Black Africans, it is inevitable. And that will have repercussions in US politics from at least some Black Americans.

XO you are a racist, plain and simple. So let me see here, when blacks killed white Germans it was OK but if white Army guys kill black Africans blacks here in the US won't like it. Well XO if that doesn't prove you are a racist I don't know what does.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 01:11:04 PM »
The US Army is totally integrated, This means that if it interferes in any Black African nation, White American troops will kill Black Africans, it is inevitable. And that will have repercussions in US politics from at least some Black Americans.

So it was a bogus claim by "Black Americans" like JJ, when they were calling Bush a racist for not sending in troops either, since our military was "totally integrated" at that time as well.  So is JJ a racist or simply ridiculously wrong?  And does that mean Clinton was a racist for sending in troops, many who were white, who likely killed Black Africans?

Morons and stooges can blame Obama for the price of gasoline, but this is not possible in Europe, so the Europeans are helping the US keep things flowing.

Considering its both happening on "his watch", and that his policies, especially the inaction of removing the drilling ban, and has publically referenced his advocation of higher gasoline prices, just simply done slowly, I'd say the morons are those not accepting current reality
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:18:05 PM »
How could we not blame Obama for higher fuel prices? In his own words he said wanted them higher! I can provide his voice making that statement (it's out there) but I will leave that to XO to search on Google on his own time. That way he can educate himself with facts rather than uninformed opinion, innuendo, and Democrat talking points.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »
What the hell, XO is too lazy plus he doesn't want to know the truth. I hope posting Obama's own words doesn't make me a racist...

OBAMA PROMISES TO RAISE YOUR ENERGY BILLS wants Government "Price Signals" "Change Your Behavior"

Obama Supports High Gas Prices If They're Gradually Hiked

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »
And does that mean Clinton was a racist for sending in troops, many who were white, who likely killed Black Africans?

=====================================================
In what place did Clinton send troops where there were any Black Africans to kill?

Serbia? Kosovo? Bosnia?

Sending US troops to Black Africa is simply something that every administration this country has generally avoided doing. Somalia certainly did not turn out well, did it? Subsahara Africa is not now and has never been, part of the US sphere of influence. The US does not wish to appear to be neocolonialist. This is a good thing.

We should have done something about Rwanda, but there was no reason for the US to intervene in Cote d'Ivoire when the French who had experience there, were all that was needed.

The US does not ignore Black Africa, in any case: we simply do not invade that area.

NONE of this has one damned thing to do with gasoline prices. Your stupid "edited" youtubery is simply stupid edited propaganda.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »
And does that mean Clinton was a racist for sending in troops, many who were white, who likely killed Blacks Africans?

=====================================================
In what place did Clinton send troops where there were any Blacks Africans to kill?

Haiti

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »
Precisely how many Haitians were killed by US troops when Clinton restored an elected Haitian president to power?

Haiti was not at war. There was no armed conflict going on in Haiti. Clinton removed the generals who overthrew an elected NON AFRICAN president.

Note also that Haiti is not in Africa. Haitians are not Africans. 

As I said, Sub-saharan Africa is not within the US sphere of influence. Haiti is.
Note that this post is about Black AFRICA. Obama is not ignoring Black AFRICA by having a few troops in Haiti dealing with earthquake relief.

Sirs will quibble about how water is not wet for hours.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »
Note I was referring to Blacks, not Black Africans, as you can tell from the correction.  How bizarre that a "Professor" would miss that.  And just 1 "black Haitian death" should be enough to hang the racist noose around Clinton, if the argument is your notion of white U.S. troops killing blacks

And last time I checked, Lybia isn't in America's "sphere of influence" either

Any more hypocrisy you wish to display?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
The title says "Black Africa".

Libya is not considered to be Black Africa. Libya is "beige Africa".

I am unaware protests by Haitians against American troops killing Haitians. The situation in Cot d'Ivoire was greatly different from the situation in Haiti. There was serious fighting going on in Cote d'Ivoire.

sirs is no expert on foreign policy or anything else, except explaining how dumb crap he says is really smart crap.

I am on to you sirs, and this is the end of this discussion. Go get hosed.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 02:54:51 PM »

I am unaware protests by Haitians against American troops killing Haitians. The situation in Cot d'Ivoire was greatly different from the situation in Haiti. There was serious fighting going on in Cote d'Ivoire.

sirs is no expert on foreign policy or anything else, except explaining how dumb crap he says is really smart crap.

You are a petty person. I love it when you misspell a word (which occurs fairly often), nobody says anything, because we don't care. But when someone misspells a word you point it out. That's how you think you win the debate! What a small petty-minded asshole you are. And very selective in your critiques. Of course all day long you make rules for everyone else to follow but your rules don't apply to you. I can't tell you how many times you post shit that has nothing to do with the title or topic in the thread. What a fucking piece of shit you are!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »

The title is specific to Black Africa, because that's what the issue was about....the massive humanitarian crisis going on along the Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of the Congo, all being ignored by that apparent racist, Obama

Source?  Relevance?

I am unaware protests by Haitians against American troops killing Haitians.

Not the issue. (deflection alert)   According to the Rev JJ, Bush is a racist for NOT sending in troops to a humanitarian crisis to Haiti....to "support Democracy", because apparently they're black.    Obama is supposedly not a racist, even though he hasn't done it either, in Africa, being a much greater humanitarian need than Lybia or Haiti.  According to you, Obama can't send anyone in, because our military is "diverse", and white soldiers are likely to kill blacks, be it in Africa or Haiti.  But Clinton did it, and our military was just as diverse.

Hate having that hypocrisy spotlight on you I see.  Gotcha

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »
I don't think there is enough military force in the US to attack every injustice simultainiously.

Nor do I really favor attacking the very worst first.

This is a decision that requires a matrix where the severity of the need can be considered and also the likelyhood of success.

When the "Blackhawk down " incident happened in Mogadisu Clinton was trying at first to do a positive thing, but after some locals dropped in to object we started haveing to shoot at thousands of them (thousand or so probly hit too) this threw off the curve that made the origional decision to intervine  look like a winner. This and the retreat from Beruit was inspireing to Osama Bin Laden who declared war on the US proclaiming confidence that the US has not got staying power in the face of persistant opposition.

It is better to not start than to start and have to withdraw, when the odds look really bad the decision needs to be made in light of the chance of success vs the cost of doing nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_Down