Author Topic: The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat  (Read 65518 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2011, 05:27:53 PM »
If those abortion dollars can be tracked back to the tax payer, you have your answer

According to planned parenthood and supporters of planned parenthood is that tax dollars can not be traced back to abortions. I guess medicare/medicaid hospitals can claim the same.

So are we treating planned parenthood differently than other providers?

And are you ok with that?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
Being that the whole argument in defunding PP was in defunding an organization that specializes in taking tax dollars and performing abortions, apparently they can be treated differently
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »
Being that the whole argument in defunding PP was in defunding an organization that specializes in taking tax dollars and performing abortions, apparently they can be treated differently

The question is whether that accusation is true.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2011, 02:50:32 AM »
It would appear so, given the staunch defense of PP and the right to abortion, per RvW
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2011, 02:54:34 AM »
It would appear so, given the staunch defense of PP and the right to abortion, per RvW

A defense of taxpayer funding for the other services planned parenhood provides does not make the accusations that federal dollars are paying directly for abortions true.

And least i haven't seen any evidence of that from proponents of defending.

So is it true that federal tax funds directly pay for abortions performed by plannned parenthood?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2011, 02:59:09 AM »
It would appear so, given the staunch defense of tax payer supported PP and the right to abortion, per RvW.  So, what should be done at this point, is that there needs to be an accounting process put in place.  No more hiding behind a "general fund". 

Or, simply have those types of organizations, no longer perform the procedure, and cont to take in all the tax dollars it can

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2011, 03:12:00 AM »
It would appear so, given the staunch defense of tax payer supported PP and the right to abortion, per RvW.  So, what should be done at this point, is that there needs to be an accounting process put in place.  No more hiding behind a "general fund". 

Or, simply have those types of organizations, no longer perform the procedure, and cont to take in all the tax dollars it can

So basically  the charge that the federal govertment is paying for abortions at planned parenthood is unsubstantiated.

I agree an audit would help get to the bottom of this.

Just as it would be prudent to audit any hospital that receives federal funding and also performs abortions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2011, 03:24:18 AM »

So basically  the charge that the federal govertment is paying for abortions at planned parenthood is unsubstantiated.

No, basically, you have an organization, that receives federal tax dollars, and prides itself in performing abortions, then hides behind a "general fund"

I agree an audit would help get to the bottom of this.

Just as it would be prudent to audit any hospital that receives federal funding and also performs abortions.

Yep

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2011, 03:26:45 AM »
No, basically, you have an organization, that receives federal tax dollars, and prides itself in performing abortions, then hides behind a "general fund"

Right. But so do many medicare eligible hospitals and clinics. Are they on your list?
Do you work at one?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:42 AM »
Yes and No.....and no, other medicare eligible hospitals do not pride themselves in performing abortions.  Not too many of those clinics, either

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by pride themselves. And i'm not sure why that "pride" would be a legitimate concern of government.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »
Openly support and advocate abortion.  That's what I mean by pride themselves

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
Openly support and advocate abortion.  That's what I mean by pride themselves

Could you provide a link to some website or pamphlet of theirs that shows them pushing abortion over contraception or other women's health issues?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
I'll see what I can do, as I'm merely going on both their rhetoric, and the rhetoric of those that support PP's ability to perform abortions.  Note, its not, and never has been a defense of PP's pattern of advocating contraception, adoption, of other women's health related issues, either

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »
I'll see what I can do, as I'm merely going on both their rhetoric, and the rhetoric of those that support PP's ability to perform abortions.  Note, its not, and never has been a defense of PP's pattern of advocating contraception, adoption, of other women's health related issues, either

Yet the funding they receive goes to contraception, adoption and other women's health related issues. The complaint was that these funds offset the cost of abortions. Would the same not apply to other multi-disciplined women's health providers?

It seems that planned parenthood is just a convenient boogeyman without proof of federally funded abortions.