Author Topic: The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat  (Read 65563 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
It goes into their "general fund", and their rhetoric more than substantiates their "boogeyman" status.  But by all means, let them produce documentation that proves no tax dollars are applied towards abortions
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
It goes into their "general fund", and their rhetoric more than substantiates their "boogeyman" status.  But by all means, let them produce documentation that proves no tax dollars are applied towards abortions

Seems to me that the burden of proof rests with the accusers.

So whatcha got?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
I have their rhetoric, I have their accepting of tax payer dollars, and hiding what they do within their "general fund"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
I have their rhetoric, I have their accepting of tax payer dollars, and hiding what they do within their "general fund"

Do you?

Have you looked at their financials?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
LOL......what do you think that whole defensive posture they applied was about??  They kept claiming that tax dollars don't pay for abortions, and that their tax payer funds go into a general fund. 

I don't get you Bt.  You claim to want Government out of the abortion, and the least they (the Government) can do, is to defund those organizations that perform it, and you seem to be defending even that endeavor.  Your inconsistency seems to be rising to pretty high levels now, on this subject

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2011, 04:35:06 PM »
LOL......what do you think that whole defensive posture they applied was about??  They kept claiming that tax dollars don't pay for abortions, and that their tax payer funds go into a general fund. 

I don't get you Bt.  You claim to want Government out of the abortion, and the least they (the Government) can do, is to defund those organizations that perform it, and you seem to be defending even that endeavor.  Your inconsistency seems to be rising to pretty high levels now, on this subject

Perhaps my argument is too complex for you.

1. Is there proof that Planned Parenthood uses federal funds designated for other purposes to offset the cost of abortion services. Yes or no

2. Are other providers of women's health services such as hospitals and women's clinics being treated the same way that Planned Parenthood is being treated.

3 And is this unequal treatment something you approve of.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2011, 05:03:58 PM »
Apparently you missed my point of your inconsistency in an attempt to derail it. 

An organization, receiving Government tax dollars, that openly and with great pride, performs abortions, yet uses the guise of a general fund to get around the wording that no tax payer dollars are used to perform abortions......you, wish to continue to defend that......to defend that Government continue to provide tax dollars, and remain in the abortion business, all the while railing the need to get out the abortion business

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2011, 05:25:51 PM »
Perhaps you misunderstood my position as it does not fit on a bumper sticker.

I am lukewarm to the idea of the federal government subsidizing contraception and pap smears and any of the other non abortion related services that many organizations including planned parenthood provide.

I am against the government paying for abortions.

See the difference?

So when the so-cons advocate defunding planned parenthood, what exactly are they advocating be defunded.

If i am reading your responses correctly, you want to defund planned parenthood because you don't like their attitude.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
If you are "against Government paying for abortions", how you can continue to defend tax payer dollars going to organizations like PP, with abortions cloaked within their general fund, is the height of inconsistency

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
If you are "against Government paying for abortions", how you can continue to defend tax payer dollars going to organizations like PP, with abortions cloaked within their general fund, is the height of inconsistency

And we know they are cloaked because?

And how is planned parenthood different than any other organization that receives medicare reimbursements while also have a division that performs abortions.

Oh yeah. You don't like their attitude.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2011, 06:29:49 PM »
Because they perform abortions, because they DO receive tax dollars, and they claim that no tax dollars are used to pay abortions

That's how we know

Unless they can demonstrate otherwise

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
I say we put a checkoff on your income taxes, so those who don't want their money to pay for abortions can say they don't, and those that think a woman has the right to an abortion can indicate that preference. Then we can get on with it and forget about this issue.

I am all for a woman having an abortion if she wants one, and it is okay if my taxes pay for it.  And I do not give a hoot whether "pro life" Democrats are a myth or not.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
Because they perform abortions, because they DO receive tax dollars, and they claim that no tax dollars are used to pay abortions

That's how we know

Unless they can demonstrate otherwise

and what information do you have that their claims about tax dollars are false.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2011, 01:27:31 AM »
The use of the "general fund"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »
The use of the "general fund"

So you can produce their financials?