Author Topic: Obama's Feckless Leadership  (Read 28317 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Feckless Leadership
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2013, 03:55:55 AM »
He is a sucker because (a) he has no earthly need for these things,

Who the hell are you to tell me what I do and dont need?
Run your own damn life and leave mine alone!

You know, that's the part I should have picked up on more myself.  My bad.  Good rebuttal C
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »
You do not need these anymore than you need a dozen size XXL pink gauze tutus, and you know it.

Buying them simply identifies you as an easily duped sucker. It makes me wonder if you have a closet filled with Thighmasters, Gazelles and vintage Veg-O-Matics and a garage filled with Herbalife and Amway.

You have every right to be an easily deceived sucker, just as you have a right to prance about in a size XXL pink gauze tutu.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
The idea that someome completely unrelated or unconnected to another person in any way, can proclaim what they need or don't need is truely reprehensible

Not to mention the complete nonsense of how this still makes someone a sucker.  A "sucker" is someone who purchases something under false pretenses, duped as it were.  So, unless you're going on record as how Cu4 could have purchased what he did so much cheaper somewhere else, the labels of sucker ring 100% hollow.....as in wrong......as in you know all about the business of being wrong
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2013, 07:25:30 PM »
You do not need these anymore than you need a dozen size XXL pink gauze tutus, and you know it.

Buying them simply identifies you as an easily duped sucker. It makes me wonder if you have a closet filled with Thighmasters, Gazelles and vintage Veg-O-Matics and a garage filled with Herbalife and Amway.

You have every right to be an easily deceived sucker, just as you have a right to prance about in a size XXL pink gauze tutu.

What is your point?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326879470

Started at 

$1,350.00

If I had known , I could have bought a truckload of these just a few months ago and selling them now during the fad, I could pay off a retirement.

And I could have known , someone is going to do something bad with a gun every year or two , they always have and always will.

The reaction is reliably innapropriate.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:35 AM »
Then we are better off that you did not do this.

I suggest no-load mutual funds and ETFs as a better way of making money.

Buying large quantities of multiple bullet clips just to annoy a senator who will probably never know that you have bought them is a clearly irrational act. Even if she does know, it makes little sense.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
Who do you mean when you say "we"?

Why are we better off that I didn't for see the present fad?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
That many fewer guns in circulation means we will all be safer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2013, 04:37:22 AM »
Emotionally perhaps, but not statistically

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
That many fewer guns in circulation means we will all be safer.

That is an unprovable premise.
Here is a thought experiment .

There would be hundreds of thousands of fewer guns immediately if police were ordered to destroy their wepons.
This huge number of guns fewer would make us much safer right?

Very much the same , a law that removed all the guns from responsible gun owners , no matter how many or few would have a negative impact on safety.

Laws that forbid guns to criminals are silly laws , I imagine that very strict guns laws cause much amusement to criminals as they break them.

Now lets make an experiment in the real world , lets doubble the number of guns in circulation over the course of two decades, and if crime rates (involving guns) fall then increased gun numbers are proven a negligable factor in public safety.

Oh hey , we have already performed this experiment in the real world!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »
No one advocates that the police should not be armed.

Your thought experiment is singularly stupid.

The more guns there are, the more guns will be fired and the more gun crimes there will be.

This is true across the planet.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
The more guns there are, the more guns will be fired and the more gun crimes there will be.

Emotionally perhaps, but in the U.S., not statistically.  Not to mention as much as 10x more lives saved in the U.S., using a gun, vs those taken

Now lets make an experiment in the real world , lets doubble the number of guns in circulation over the course of two decades, and if crime rates (involving guns) fall then increased gun numbers are proven a negligable factor in public safety.

Oh hey , we have already performed this experiment in the real world!

Indeed      8)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »
No one advocates that the police should not be armed.

Your thought experiment is singularly stupid.

This is true across the planet.

Truely we agree that disarming the police would be stupid , quite stupid.

So why do we disagree that disarming all the responsible people in the USA is the same sort of stu[pid?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
We have no idea who is "responsible" and the so-called "responsible people" you allude to do not want to have themselves, or even their weapons, listed in a database, nor do they wish to have to prove that they are responsible in any way.

When we hire policemen, they have to prove that they are responsible and worthy of defending the public. We allow any dolt to buy a gun at a gun show.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
We have no idea who is "responsible" and the so-called "responsible people" you allude to do not want to have themselves, or even their weapons, listed in a database, nor do they wish to have to prove that they are responsible in any way.

When we hire policemen, they have to prove that they are responsible and worthy of defending the public. We allow any dolt to buy a gun at a gun show.

No we allow all of the dolts to buy guns on the black market , where they are significantly cheaper.

Any law that makes it hard to get a gun will only be effective to prevent law respecting people from getting a gun , and I can't find this principal refuted ..

So...

What you favor ,effectively , is the disarmament strictly and only, of responsible people.

Which strikes me as close cousin to the disarmament of police.