Author Topic: And yet another life saved by the use of a gun  (Read 1076 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
And yet another life saved by the use of a gun
« on: February 24, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
Damn facts
--------------------------------
Man Shoots Pit Bulls That Attacked Horse, Rider

A 24-year-old man shot at two pit bulls, killing one, as the dogs attacked a woman and her horse on a San Dimas equestrian trail on Saturday, police said.

The equestrian, identified as Yvette Picconi, 47, was riding her horse, Mecca, on a trail near the San Dimas Equestrian Center when dogs got loose from either a residence or a pit bull dog rescue facility, officials said.

Picconi suffered minor scrapes in the attack that happened near Foothill Boulevard and Walnut Avenue just before 9 a.m., officials said. The woman's horse suffered a 10-inch gash on its leg.

“She's distraught, horribly distraught,” said Shelley Kresan of her friend Picconi. “After the first bite, the horse tried to run off. And the horse collapsed with my friend still on the back of the horse ...”

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies said a neighbor who saw the attack tried to fight the dogs off using a flashlight. The man called for help when one of the dogs latched onto the horse and locked down on its leg.

A relative of that person, identified as John Eichler, 24, of San Dimas, used a rifle to shoot the dog, killing it, said Lt. David Vega, of the LA County Sheriff’s Department.

“They had to shoot him several times to get him to stop,” Vega said, adding that no arrests were made.

Kresan said she believes the man’s quick action saved her friend’s life.

It could've been a lot worse,” Kresan said.

Officials said the other dog was taken by animal control officers, who will decide whether to cite or charge the dogs’ owners. The dogs may have come from a yard of a residence or a pit bull rescue, officials said.

Article
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

Re: And yet another life saved by the use of a gun
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:04:45 AM »
"used a rifle to shoot the dog"

No one in here every said anything about not being able to have a rifle in your home. I have several. I'm prepared for any wild and dangerous dogs that might come by. Although in my 68 years I've never had to kill a dog.

Sirs, the fraidy cat.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
sirs seems to be constantly trembling in fear, ever waiting for a chance to plug someone with his fancy guns.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
And yet, over all these years, carrying, I've never once had to pull my pistol, much less even brandish it.  Doncha hate when reality screws with a great fantasy    8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »
Lucky it didn't happen here in s.f. I know a guy who went to jail defending himself from a rottweiller. Hopefully things changed for the better about animal attacks. This place is lousy with them. Pittbulls,coyote even tiger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Zoo_tiger_attacks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:18:25 PM by kimba1 »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
And fortunate that it didn't get far worse, down here.....thanks to a gun

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
And yet, over all these years, carrying, I've never once had to pull my pistol, much less even brandish it.  Doncha hate when reality screws with a great fantasy    8)

=========================================
Sounds like you are the one with the fantasy, years of lugging that gun around and not a single reason to do so. You might as well have dressed in a hazmat suit, or at least wear one of those anti-germ masks.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
Then I would stand out.  Why would I want to do that?    ::)   Naaa, you & B go back and enjoy the fantasy of sirs wearing his thigh high holster, shaky hand, twitchy eyes, just looking for the 1st sign of anyone trying to look tougher, so he he can mow them down, quick-draw style

BSB

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:45:06 PM »
Only a weirdo would carry a deadly weapon when it's totally unnecessary.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
Your so-called superior say so again means pretty much less than squat, at this point.  I don't carry one because I think its "necessary".  I carry one IN CASE it becomes necessary.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
We know from sirs himself that if he has actually carried a gun for years, it has been entirely unnecessary. He might as well have been carrying rhinoceros repellent.

BSB

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
How many years of looking at those shinny cartridges, loading them in a magazine, putting it in his deadly weapon, then strapping it to his body by way of a leather holster, all for not? Only a fruit-loop would bother.   

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 07:55:41 PM »
LOL.....and xo & B continue with their fantasies.  I hope it doesn't give them nightmares. 

BSB

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »
It couldn't be more obvious that the only one living a fantasy is Sirs. It just couldn't more obvious.

There's a guy down the street that carries all the time. He is Mr. Wackjob incarnate.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
LOL....it was only a manner of time before B started to adopt the "obvious" tact in trying to validate their claims.  Barrels remain empty    ;D