Author Topic: Is Trump genuine?  (Read 6368 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is Trump genuine?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »
NOT signing it is "going rogue".
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 02:22:29 PM »
Under your parameters, everyone has gone rogue.  Who's been asked to sign it now??    ::)   I'm referring to the pledge everyone was asked to sign CURRENTLY, not something that no one is asking anyone to sign way back when.  So, CURRENTLY, as in NOW, as in the PRESENT POLITICAL CLIMATE, he'd be losing any chance of becoming President, if he went rogue NOW. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 09:18:54 PM »
You make no sense.

Signing a pledge to not raise taxes would not lose him votes, especially in the Iowa GOP primary.

It is the same pledge. There is not a different one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 10:17:48 PM »
You make no sense.

I'm making perfect sense.  When's the last time anyone has been asked to sign some no new taxes pledge??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 02:15:33 AM »
oy vey    ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »
I'm making perfect sense.  When's the last time anyone has been asked to sign some no new taxes pledge??

===============================================
Grover Norquest's Pledge is an ongoing thing. All politicians are supposed to sign it to gain his approval.
The TEA in TEA PARTY stands for Taxed Enough Already. I suppose Trump doesn't sign it because he is  not soliciting funds from the various fatcats that demand compliance with Norquest.  But in the GOP  "No More Taxes" is the official position, Going Rogue is defying it. Everyone hates taxes, they think they are punishment and say so all the time. "Ooooooh, why should I be PUNISHED for my success?" is their usual cry.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »
So, in other words, there is no current, as in now, as in presently requested pledge to sign, regarding a no new taxes......as in no one is going rogue for not signing anything that the RNC has requested everyone sign

And I know all about what the Tea Party stands for, thank you very much.  When you actually have something that has Trump going rogue, that no one else is doing at the behest of the RNC, we'll look forward to you sharing it

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »
Trump can be quoted on both sides of some issues , his stance in 2000 was different than it is now.

and what politician hasn't changed positions?
Hillary...don't ask don't tell....gay marriage....Iraq invasion, corn ethanol tax, on and on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgESM7dI1kQ
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 08:44:47 PM »
...................... "Ooooooh, why should I be PUNISHED for my success?" is their usual cry.

That makes a good question to be answered.

Why when I work a lot of overtime should my receipt be shrunk by a greater factor?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »
Yes, it is a progressive tax system. If you work overtime, you will still make more than if you didn't. The tax rates are fair, and taxes are not punishment.

The concept of "smaller government", unobtainable thus far by both Democrats and Republicans alike, has as one of its major purposes the reduction of taxes. If taxes are raised, then odds are you would not get a smaller government. Trump is just an egomanaical  Big Swinging Dick that makes up his policies as he goes along: the only thing he really wants is to be President: his ego is everything: he could give a shit about the country, its people or the policies of the government, The number one only thing Trump wants is to satisfy his enormous ego by being recognized as the Greatest Big Swinging Dick of all time.

Should the impossible occur and he was elected, he would discover that it would cost a fortune to remove 11 million illegals, and that it would cause a major disruption on both sides of the border for a year or more. Most important, Congress would refuse to vote him the money to do it. Hiring enough people to handle the deportations would NOT result in a "smaller government". If this were attempted, we would see mothers being separated from their children every night on the news, we would see teenagers born in this country  suing the government. There would be utter chaos. And Trump would suddenly be seen as a puny, flaccid dick that was not long enough to swing ever again.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »
I never understood the concept of turning down overtime but getting a raise ok due to taxes. Either way you still get more cash

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 01:39:34 AM »
I never understood the concept of turning down overtime but getting a raise ok due to taxes. Either way you still get more cash

Not necessarily.

If you are near the top of a bracket , and have earned near the limit, then there comes a point that one more penny will cost you thousands as you cross into the next bracket.

If you then make plenty more , you might get ahead anyhow , but you are working harder for smaller wages now.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »

If you are near the top of a bracket , and have earned near the limit, then there comes a point that one more penny will cost you thousands as you cross into the next bracket.

=============================================
At that point, you reduce your gross income by investing in a traditional IRA.
Now you are in a lower bracket.
You can have your cake and eat it too, all you have to do is use your head.

If there are THOUSANDS involved in going from one bracket to another, you are already richer than God, anyway.
I am not sure that this is actually true. If it is, an IRA or some other deduction is in order.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:43 PM »
but then why are they not turning down pay raises. isn`t that the same principle but with less work and less overall pay even since overtime tends to payout more.