Author Topic: Marquitos supporters guilty of racial profiling.  (Read 3431 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marquitos supporters guilty of racial profiling.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 12:50:03 AM »
Well, I'm guessing that, for some, any negative item about a Republican candidate would be considered if not a downright lie, then at the very least, extremely slanted. I doubt very much that it would matter what the source was, unless it was the arse of Reagan's ghost, otherwise it would be explained away as (ahem) 'MSM bias'. I agree, it is best to link to the source, but as I said, I'm going to check it anyway, if it's a topic I'm interested in. Otherwise I might as well just sit back and become another spoon fed Rubiot.

Danger, danger, Will Robinson...
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 03:06:06 AM »
Hmmm....harassed because they were black and racially profiled vs being harassed because of a belief they were Democrat malcontents....looks like a link was in order to validate the thread title

And to throw a little cold water on the presumption that anything negative about a Republican is simply washed away as media bias completely ignores what the story is trying to say, and more importantly, what its not reporting

Well, as someone once said....to each their own
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »
I think it is entirely safe to say that this actually happened.

Only three Black people appeared at a Marquitos rally and they were immediately perceived by the staff as the enemy. Rubio is less a threat with every passing day, as his featherweightedness is becoming ever more apparent.  He rails against Obama as though he were running against Obama. He is right that Obama wants to change America, of course:  his slogan in 2008 was "CHANGE", and he has made many welcome changes.

Rubio has no principles. His campaign has been almost entirely negative. In the Senate, he was worse than useless. He is just this punk Cuban kid, an empty suit stuffed with nothing but ambition.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »
I think it is entirely safe to say that this actually happened.

LOL...what actually happened?  There's no link to the story you keep harping on, just your version of someone else's version.   And the only link anyone provided (Plane) made it a point to reference the plausibility that any harassment was due specifically to whom these folks may have been working for, and squat about race

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 09:59:42 PM »
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/marco-rubios-staff-harassed-black-attendees-at-rally-under-assumption-they-were-democratic-spies/23783/

This isn't all bad.

Although this article does not at all make it clear that these three people were acting innocently, I agree with the assumption that they had a right to be there even if they represented any other faction than the host.

And I really liked that a person there took up for them and demanded that their rights be respected!

Now are the Rubio supporters represented by the small unidentified group that behaved xenophobicily  or is Rubio better represented by the good Samaritan?

With no further details provided I assume that the both sorts were there to see Rubio.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 12:25:04 AM »
Why should a person have to be an advocate of any given candidate in order to attend his rally?  This is a democracy and a free country.

Unless they were disrupting the candidate, they should not have been interrogated at all.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 03:07:31 AM »
Why should a person have to be an advocate of any given candidate in order to attend his rally?  This is a democracy and a free country.

Unless they were disrupting the candidate, they should not have been interrogated at all.

This is correct.
Were they disruptive?

If they were well behaved they should have been made welcome ...

and even if they were protesters , there is a reasonable amount to be tolerated.

That caused a white professor to complain about the apparent racial profiling he had just witnessed, which then prompted Rubio’s staff to ask the three black women to return to the event.....

Rubio can be proud of this supporter , and his "staff" seems to accept correction.

I would like to know what this guy actually said , he must be a very persuasive sort.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 04:23:42 AM »
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/02/08/3747089/marco-rubio-event-profile/

More details.

This looks like someone needs some remedial training , or reassignment, or firing.

Depending on how well they learn the remedial training.

This behavior might be just one or just a few persons , but because these people are critically placed the whole staff or even the candidate and potentially even the whole party can get painted by the incident.

How Rubio handles a snag like this ought to be interesting, as president he will have an even bigger and more powerful staff to be responsible for, how will he handle mistakes when these mistakes can kill or ruin?

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 10:04:25 AM »
I guess no one gave them a link to the GOP efforts to become the party of inclusion and they were too busy to Google it...

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »
Not sure party of inclusion means to embrace anyone there to create chaos and/or subterfuge.  Oh well

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 11:55:47 AM »
Not that any of the articles stated that either of those was the intent.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »
I don't think anything in the articles made a definitive conclusion.  The thread of the post however is a whole other can of AMBE.  Perhaps that's why a link was never forthcoming

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »
Seriously, you know how X is about not posting links. Sure, it's annoying, but really, if it interests you enough to repeatedly ask for a link, when you know from past experience one isn't going to be forthcoming, wouldn't that time be better spent just Googling it on your own? Then you, at least, could post a coherent response, with a link, instead of looking like a whiney child.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
Every point you're making hnumpah, is absolutely on the mark.....IF my responses were geared towards "interest in the story".  My responses however had a different intent....hilighting the lack of any credibility to the accusation being made, reinforced by the continued lack of xo providing any link, then Plane providing one that demonstrated a far different scenario than the one xo was trying to paint

So, it had nothing to do with whining, and everything to do with credibility & context.  But I appreciate the helpful suggestions

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »
             Even if the visitor is a Clinton family member , egregious rudeness is not a good idea.

H mentioned not getting the word, this is probably it.

There should be a policy , it should be a policy that reflects well on the campaign and the candidate , and there should be a real effort to distribute this policy to all hands.

If Rubio can't make this happen, this is something that he needs to learn well enough to be president.