Author Topic: President George Bush Kicking A$$  (Read 88187 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: President George Bush Kicking A$$
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »
To each his own.

And that's the point, which you seem to have  missed.

Actually, that's the point you wilfully ignored, by trying to lay claim to something I never said, then kept at it

Where you're "thankful that the country is safer under this President than the previous one, and that there were tax cuts for everyone that payed taxes that helped spur an economy, that 911 was piledriving into a recession, that only now is sputtering some...", I see things very differently, as, I'm sure, quite a few others do.

Well, with all due respect H, no d'uh.  That again was NEVER my point.  My point was specific to those who despite arguably many things this President can be given postive cudos for, he gets ZIP from them. 

What, pray tell, should we give the silly bastid credit for?

Tax cuts for EVERYONE that payed taxes.  The more taxes you payed, the more relief you got.  Taking on an enemy on their front door vs ours.  Nominating, then sticking to, some outstanding judicial appointments.  Giving credibility to what the U.S. says and means once again.  You don't have to believe any of that, which tends to reinforce my point all the more, thank you very much, that Bush is basically a walking waste of space.  Not that "some of his negatives outweigh his positives", but that he has zip, nada, zilch, positives

Grasped the point yet?, or you going to insist on making it up some more and being able to read minds?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »
Try, try, try again...

And, inevitably, the same old waste of effort.

Giving credibility to what the U.S. says and means once again.

That one, in and of itself, is a laffer.

'We don't torture...'

I suppose we could give him positive points for - well, crap, I was going to say just breathing, but now that I think of it....
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
And again, thank you for reinforcing my original point

::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »
Why, or why is it necessary in any way to find something positive about Juniorbush?

I think he was right about the immigration bill he failed to get through Congress. It was a lot better than the mess we still have now.

But, as I pointed out, his leadership abilities did not succeed in actually getting it through Congress.

I think that during his term the Bush family and the Cheney families have prospered more by far than even the wealthiest other families. If we regard his goal as personal and family enrichment, he seems to have done quite well.

Most average people seem to have less than before we were blessed by his presence.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 11:02:49 PM »
Why, or why is it necessary in any way to find something positive about Juniorbush?

Because it takes two to tango .

George Bush 43 was makeing an honest attempt at being " a uniter not  a devider" but unity was useless to the other side so villlifacation was much more the order of the day , I don't think this has been entirely bad since I think it pushed the president further to the right than he might have been naturally .

Rather than get a good program going with the objectionable president the Democrats seem to have organised everything around returning to power , I hope that next time we need unity we can find some.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 11:21:22 PM »
I see his tax cuts with the increases in military spending for his lovely little war driving the recession

Please explain the causal relationship between tax cuts and increased government spending to a recession.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 11:40:56 AM »

George Bush 43 was makeing an honest attempt at being " a uniter not  a devider"

There are two Geroge Bushes, Olebush and Juniorbush. Neiter was a  king, and neither one of them rates a number.

No, he was not. He was trying to stuff every bit of an imperialist wartmongering, all power to the fatcats agenda down the Congress's throat when he had a majority. He is the most divisive sumbitch this country has ever had the misfortune to have.

No one wants to tango with an asshole. He doesn't know how to tango, anyway.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 06:46:44 PM »

George Bush 43 was makeing an honest attempt at being " a uniter not  a devider"

There are two Geroge Bushes, Olebush and Juniorbush. Neiter was a  king, and neither one of them rates a number.

No, he was not. He was trying to stuff every bit of an imperialist wartmongering, all power to the fatcats agenda down the Congress's throat when he had a majority. He is the most divisive sumbitch this country has ever had the misfortune to have.

No one wants to tango with an asshole. He doesn't know how to tango, anyway.

I can't remember an example of this sort of stuffing , what are you refering to?

Although George Bush 43 was quite moderate and eager to compromise with Democrats , the shrill  of his critics has been strident from the first day.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:57:56 AM by Plane »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 06:57:31 AM »
Although George Bush 43 was quite moderate and eager to compromise with Democrats , the shrill  of his critics has been strident from the first day.

That is total bullshit and entirely untrue.

Juniorbush was and has been a stubborn, incompetent oaf since the very first day, when his idiotic supporters spent the last week of the Clinton administration demanding that Al Gore leave "Dick Cheney's House"

He was never moderate, he was never compromising. The only thing he ever had in common with some Democrats was to run up the deficit.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 07:49:37 AM »

You're right.

They didn't wait until he took office; it started right after the election.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »
Although George Bush 43 was quite moderate and eager to compromise with Democrats , the shrill of his critics has been strident from the first day.

Juniorbush was and has been a stubborn, incompetent oaf since the very first day, when his idiotic supporters spent the last week of the Clinton administration demanding that Al Gore leave "Dick Cheney's House"

He was never moderate, he was never compromising. The only thing he ever had in common with some Democrats was to run up the deficit.

Is that the best example you have?

That isn't even George Bush himself.

As Governor of Texas George Bush deserved his reputation as a cooperative sort , willing to sit in discussion with the Democrats any time they wanted. As President he has been frustrated trying to find any Democrats willing to compromise .

Not that I am complaining mind you , the potential for compromise didn't really appeal to me , I hope that President McCain also finds no Democrats willing to meet in the middle , McCain also is not as far to the right as I really wish he were , a very irascible left might help correct this problem.

Rich

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
>>I hope that next time we need unity we can find some.<<

God I hope not. I'm hoping the terrorists actually make it to the White House when Obama is at home. Then we'll see what Americans have to say about the democrat Congress and it's policies that helped them get there.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
God I hope not. I'm hoping the terrorists actually make it to the White House when Obama is at home. Then we'll see what Americans have to say about the democrat Congress and it's policies that helped them get there.

=============================
So you want to see the president murdered by terrorists.

What sort of asshole patriot are you?

The terrorists struck on Condi and Juniorbush's watch, anyway.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »

=============================
So you want to see the president murdered by terrorists.

What sort of asshole patriot are you?

The terrorists struck on Condi and Juniorbush's watch, anyway.

He is just expecting liberal chickens to come home to roost.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 07:30:55 AM »

He is just expecting liberal chickens to come home to roost.
------------------------------------------------------------
Expecting would be one thing, desiring it to happen is something else altogether.