Author Topic: Bush's America: 100 Percent Al-Qaida Free Since 2001  (Read 27058 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bush's America: 100 Percent Al-Qaida Free Since 2001
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »
Al Qaeda and like-minded folk have been able to kill 4,000 Americans (in addition to the almost 3,000 killed on Bush's watch in NYC and DC) and maim 25 to 50 thousand more since 9-11.  They have forced the U.S. into spending 3 trillion bucks on a "war on terrorism" which as far as I can see has got the U.S. fixated on the impossible task of permanently pacifying Afghanistan and Iraq which at the same time is recruiting millions of fresh fighters, galvanizing world public opinion against the U.S. and undoing at least 100  years of progress in international law aimed at abolishing torture and wars of aggression and safeguarding basic human rights.  In the course of promoting his nefarious goals, Bush has even managed to diminish your existing civil rights and threaten what's left of them.

The lack of further al Qaeda attacks on the U.S. mainland can be easily explained by any one or more of the following reasons:
1.  They're diverting all resources into the armed struggle in Iraq and Afghanistan because it's so much more lucrative for them than a 9-11 attack could ever be and takes a lot less planning and effort, as well as offering immediate gratification in the form of dead and wounded U.S. soldiers on a daily basis; or
2.  Simple measures of airport security, easily available to the Bush administration prior to 9-11, have made the task a lot harder;
3.  They're preparing a strike of  exponentially bigger magnitude than 9-11, so as not to lose propaganda momentum, but this would take years of planning and is still in the pipeline.

I think it's extremely foolish of Coulter to crow about a "great victory" for this idiot when he's still engaged in a war with a minuscule Third World country that has taken him more time than the U.S. spent in WWII with no tangible results to date and has not even killed or captured the guy responsible for the original 9-11 atrocity, (as if THAT would make any difference now!) who still regularly taunts and threatens him from a mountain hideout.  While the dollar crumbles and the price of oil soars off into the stratosphere.

I think the time has come for even the most dedicated Republican to take a hard look at the situation bequeathed to the country by Bush and say "What a fucking mess!"

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »

If Ypu are not calling it unreal then I have not understood you .

Clearly.

Al Queda attacked the US several times with a trend to escalate , without the actions of Preaident Bush they would have quit anyway?

We don't know what would have happened. I am skeptical of "without events going exactly as they did then the worst possible scenario would have happened" being the default position. It's sort of like the argument that without the "war on drugs" the country would be rampant with drug dealers, violence, useless drug addicts and massive casualties from people driving or operating machinery while high. There is no way to actually know that, and frankly, I find it highly unlikely. Similarly, that Al-Qaeda terrorists, who were, at best, only marginally successful prior to September 11, 2001, would have executed numerous attacks on the scale of the September 11 attacks if not for President Bush's actions is not only something we cannot actually know but something I find unlikely. Personally, I think folks like Coulter overestimate by far the capabilities of Al-Qaeda. With the Ruby Ridge incident and the Oklahoma City bombing we had an escalating scale of violence too, but we have obviously not been overrun with violence from white supremacist groups. No, the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian (a white supremacist group) is not the same as Al-Qaeda, but the point is we should not automatically assume the worst would necessarily have happened.

Would they have quit is a misleading question. I'm not suggesting Bush should have done nothing, and there is no real value in speculating about what might have happened (unless you're Harry Turtledove or someone like that) if only things had gone differently. This notion, however, that President Bush is "the man responsible for keeping Americans safe from another terrorist attack on American soil" and that he is therefore "one of America's greatest presidents" is, at best, little more than wishful propaganda. Coulter is either really quite gullible or she is a liberal pulling off a great satirical masquerade as a conservative who spouts asinine nonsense and gets people to cheer her on. Seriously, comedy writers satirizing conservatives could not come up with a better character than Ann Coulter.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Knutey

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
>>And Ann Coulter aside, US Vampire-Free since 2001 as well!<<

I don't know about that. There are reports of bill1x1 taking little children by night.

That aside, don't you think you're lilttle joke is kind of ... well ... dumb? Vampires don't exist Brass. Really, they don't.

Rich- I am sure you will be very happy to learn that Bill1x1 died of cancer almost a year ago. You hate-filled moron.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 07:59:50 PM »

Rich- I am sure you will be very happy to learn that Bill1x1 died of cancer almost a year ago.

Very sorry to hear that , I havent checked in on him for more than two years.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »
The lack of further al Qaeda attacks on the U.S. mainland can be easily explained by any one or more of the following reasons:
1.  They're diverting all resources into the armed struggle in Iraq and Afghanistan because it's so much more lucrative for them than a 9-11 attack could ever be and takes a lot less planning and effort, as well as offering immediate gratification in the form of dead and wounded U.S. soldiers on a daily basis;

Exactly , when Al Queda has to fight Americans that are able to shoot back they die like flies .But they are totally stuck they must fight us in their own neighborhood elese give up haveing credibility entirely.
2.  Simple measures of airport security, easily available to the Bush administration prior to 9-11, have made the task a lot harder;

Not really , quantify "harder" , it isn't going to become impossible.

3.  They're preparing a strike of  exponentially bigger magnitude than 9-11, so as not to lose propaganda momentum, but this would take years of planning and is still in the pipeline.

No this is not possible , ask UP or BM about it , a scenario of that sort is no more likely than a vampire attack.

Rich

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 03:44:31 PM »
>>Rich- I am sure you will be very happy to learn that Bill1x1 died of cancer almost a year ago.<<

I knew that knutty. I'm just repeating what I heard.

Knutey

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »
>>Rich- I am sure you will be very happy to learn that Bill1x1 died of cancer almost a year ago.<<

I knew that knutty. I'm just repeating what I heard.

Then you are a bigger prick than I even imagined and that is tough to accomplish.

Rich

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »
Awwwww .... knutty loved ole Bill. You'll get to meet him in hell one day knutty, don't dispair.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 01:32:32 AM »
<<Exactly , when Al Queda has to fight Americans that are able to shoot back they die like flies .>>

Refresh my memory here, plane, help me out here - - when al Qaeda did fight Americans who couldn't shoot back, on Sept. 11, for example, exactly what was their survival rate?

Now I'm a pretty simple guy, plane, without much mathematical sophistication at all, but it seems to me that the higher survival rate for al Qaeda lies in attacking Americans who CAN shoot back, as for example in Iraq.  Not that an al Qaeda fighter is as obsessed with his own survival as the G.I.s seem to be about theirs.

<<But they are totally stuck they must fight us in their own neighborhood elese give up haveing credibility entirely.>>

??? As I said, it's easier and cheaper for them to kill Americans in Iraq than it ever was to kill them in the U.S.A. and as  long as the dumb Americans are willing to come over there to be killed, it suits the al Qaeda fighters just fine.

Rich

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »
>>Not that an al Qaeda fighter is as obsessed with his own survival as the G.I.s seem to be about theirs.<<

If it's death they want, the U.S. Marine Corps will be happy to oblige.

As for the G.I.'s "obsession" with survival, While you rejoice at dead Americans, we prefer our G.I's alive and well. So let them obsess.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 01:14:25 PM »
<<Exactly , when Al Queda has to fight Americans that are able to shoot back they die like flies .>>

Refresh my memory here, plane, help me out here - - when al Qaeda did fight Americans who couldn't shoot back, on Sept. 11, for example, exactly what was their survival rate?

Now I'm a pretty simple guy, plane, without much mathematical sophistication at all, but it seems to me that the higher survival rate for al Qaeda lies in attacking Americans who CAN shoot back, as for example in Iraq.  Not that an al Qaeda fighter is as obsessed with his own survival as the G.I.s seem to be about theirs.

<<But they are totally stuck they must fight us in their own neighborhood elese give up haveing credibility entirely.>>

??? As I said, it's easier and cheaper for them to kill Americans in Iraq than it ever was to kill them in the U.S.A. and as  long as the dumb Americans are willing to come over there to be killed, it suits the al Qaeda fighters just fine.

It isn't the rate of survival that made a diffrence, it is the rate of attrition.

If a suicide attack on helpless Americans gets them a kill to killed ratio of  10/2970 they seem willing to make the sacrifice. Faceing Americans who are battle ready means that this ratio has reversed and they are starting to have recruiting problerms.

All we are going to need to do ,is to  to surpass their rate of recruitment.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
<<and they are starting to have recruiting problerms.>>
The U.S. is for sure having recruiting problems, now they're taking in ex-cons in fact, but I wasn't aware of recruiting problems for the Resistance.  Sounds to me more like wishful thinking.

<<All we are going to need to do ,is to  to surpass their rate of recruitment.>>

Yeah, that and kinda pare down the costs from $341.1 million per day.  http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
<<While you rejoice at dead Americans, we prefer our G.I's alive and well. >>

In that case, this whole criminal enterprise hasn't worked out all that well for you, has it?

<<So let them obsess.>>

Sure, why not?  For all the good it's done 'em.

Rich

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »
>>In that case, this whole criminal enterprise hasn't worked out all that well for you, has it?<<

We prefer them that way, but thank God we have people willing to give their lives for liberty. Once Al Qaida dicover Canada is populated with people like you, good by hockey, goodbye Molsons.

>>Sure, why not?  For all the good it's done 'em.<<

Just over four thousand versus ... what's the number you people use ... 600K ... I million?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
<< . . . but thank God we have people willing to give their lives for liberty.>>

Yeah, sure, Rich.  For liberty.  If that's what you want to call it.

<< Once Al Qaida dicover Canada is populated with people like you, good by hockey, goodbye Molsons.>>

Fuck Molsons AND hockey.  They're both un-Islamic.  Time for a change.  Change you can believe in.

<<Just over four thousand versus ... what's the number you people use ... 600K ... I million?>>

That's 4,000 DEAD Americans, Rich.  They ain't never comin back.  And 26,000 majorly fucked-up Americans in addition.  Ain't none a them gonna play for the Cowboys anytime soon, Rich.  That is one hell of a pile of fucked-up wasted lives, Rich, even if none a them is any skin off a your nose.  You might think everything worked out fine, but I guess that's just from one person's POV.