Author Topic: Meet the Press  (Read 7002 times)

syrmark59

Meet the Press
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:46:07 AM »
Today was a disaster for the GOP on Meet the Press.

It wasn't bad enough that Tom Reynolds squirmed, danced and embarassed himself when put on the spot for the highly deceptive ads funded by the RNCC which he chairs.

Liddy Dole's comments that the Democratic Party was willing to "accept defeat in Iraq" were absolutely shameful.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Meet the Press
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 01:04:05 PM »
Liddy Dole's comments that the Democratic Party was willing to "accept defeat in Iraq" were absolutely shameful.

I agree .

She should have qualified that statement by saying some members of the Democrat Party are willing to accept defeat.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 02:05:38 PM »

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Can you find for us a Democratic canadate who is saying that we should not accept defeat in Iraq?

domer

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 02:08:43 PM »
It is absolutely essential, in a comprehensive review of policy regarding the conflict with violent, radical Islam, to consider whether a "win" in the overall struggle necessarily entails a "win" in Iraq as the president envisions. It's extremely complex. Deft minds must bear on the problem. It is NOT just a matter of "fight to the bitter end" ... for a Pyrrhic victory, if it could even be called that.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 02:26:57 PM »
I'm willing to accept defeat, if it means saving our troops.  We seem not to be aware that it could be very, very much worse. That all our troops there are at risk, that there is no plan for removing them if things got very bad very quickly.  We need those troops to fight again another day. 
Survival is more important than a stupid and stubborn avowal that we'll stay the course.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 02:34:49 PM »
A convinceing win might well make further fighting less necessacery.

Osama has been preaching for years that America has no paitence and can therefore be beaten by a persistant enemy.

We can leave Iraq , we can give Osama 95% of what he wants , and for the sake of the rest they would continue to attack.

This seems like a situation in which retreat not only makes you live to fight another day , it forces you to fight another day .

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 02:39:46 PM »
Then start up the draft.  Pay war taxes.  Anything less is unacceptable.   If you really think this war MUST be won, what are you doing here at home?  What on earth could be more important than your country?   There are people over 50 years of age, being called back to serve.  This is crazy. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

syrmark59

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »
Is it lost on the GOPers that this was a country that not even Saddam was entirely in control of?

A "convincing win" at this point would equate a total occupation of Iraq. And a story recently released indicates that even with a force of 400K, we could have what we have today;

nothing short of chaos.

Please stop and think about that- even with a brutal dictatorship, Saddam could not even control all of Iraq.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15570330/

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »
Is it lost on the GOPers that this was a country that not even Saddam was entirely in control of?

100% election result return for Saddam to remain Commander and Dictator of Iraq, and he didn't have control of nearly all of Iraq?  Oh wait, you're right, there was this 10 square acre of desert in the Kurdish north, that he didn't have entire control of.  My mistate
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 06:32:38 PM »

Accepting defeat is one thing. Lanya was honest in admitting she would prefer that.

Controlling the entire country is quite another and is not synomynous with victory.

There are parts of this country not entrirely under government control, though they could take it,  if necesary, i suppose. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
Then start up the draft.  Pay war taxes.  Anything less is unacceptable.   If you really think this war MUST be won, what are you doing here at home?  What on earth could be more important than your country?   There are people over 50 years of age, being called back to serve.  This is crazy. 

My Job is war essential.

I have had war related jobs almost all of my career.

Your welcome.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 11:58:44 PM »

100% election result return for Saddam to remain Commander and Dictator of Iraq, and he didn't have control of nearly all of Iraq?  Oh wait, you're right, there was this 10 square acre of desert in the Kurdish north, that he didn't have entire control of.  My mistate

So then you admit that Iraq was better off with Saddam in control?

I agree, it was.  I don't remember EVER hearing about any of our soldiers being killed there daily let alone 600,000 Iraqis in 3 years.

True,  Saddam did kill about 300,000 to 400,000 people in his reign but it took him nearly 30 YEARS to do it!  (Let me spin it for you.  The USA IS NUMBER ONE!  WE CAN KILL FASTER THAN SADDAM!)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 12:00:58 AM »

My Job is war essential.

Your welcome.

So, what you're saying is that you MADE A LIVING off wars.  Not that you've fought in any or paid war taxes or anything?  I'm just asking.

Why does Lanya owe you thanks for you're having turned a dollar from wars?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 12:01:44 AM »
True,  Saddam did kill about 300,000 to 400,000 people in his reign but it took him nearly 30 YEARS to do it!  (Let me spin it for you.  The USA IS NUMBER ONE!  WE CAN KILL FASTER THAN SADDAM!)

[][][][][][][][][][][][]

Where did you get that figure?

I would have expected one or two million.

300k would not even be the cost of his first year of war with Iran.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:01 AM »

My Job is war essential.

Your welcome.

So, what you're saying is that you MADE A LIVING off wars.  Not that you've fought in any or paid war taxes or anything?  I'm just asking.

Why does Lanya owe you thanks for you're having turned a dollar from wars?

What I do must be done.

Would you like to replace me?

No ?

Your welcome.