Author Topic: so, if the Dems "really" believe "Bush lied-people died"...  (Read 8897 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
so, if the Dems "really" believe "Bush lied-people died"...
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »
How fast should we expect to see Impeachment proceedings?  1st week.  1st month at the latest right? 

I mean, that was the big mantra from Dems, time and time again, both on their stump speeches & in the AM talk shows.  So obviously they meant what they said, right?

I mean, it wouldn't have been a political ploy, maligning the president during a time of war, just for the hope of scoring policitial points, right?  That'd be pretty disgusting if it were.  Perhaps some good fodder for 2008 campaign speeches by the right, even
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: so, if the Dems "really" believe "Bush lied-people died"...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 01:47:29 PM »
I have heard again and again to my chagrine Nancy Pelosi say that she won't seek an impeachment of Bush.

John Conyers, who I believe has said that W should be impeached, is going to head the committee that makes those decisions, I believe.  Now, how they can reconcile their "promises" is beyond me. 

You know where I stand but I don't get to vote on that.  I will urge my newly-elected congressman Steve Cohen (who replaced the Bush-rubberstamping, torture-bill-signing HArold Ford) to vote for impeachment proceedings.  He's a progressive but I don't think that he's going into it wanting to rock boats but he's a feisty sort.

The real concern for Reps like you is that the Dems will conduct actual oversight rather than good ole boy oversight and they'll jail those who broke laws.  And when it winds up that Bush was ok with all the hands in the cookie jar and that he told lie after lie and resigns in shame to be pardoned by his toothless replacement, you will look like a fool.

That's a valid concern.  For you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 01:54:04 PM »
I have heard again and again to my chagrine Nancy Pelosi say that she won't seek an impeachment of Bush.

Then obviously she didn't mean what she said regarding her claims of Bush & the war, and doesn't believe he actually did lie us into the war.  In other words, she disgustingly used her rhetoric merely to score political points      :(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mucho

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »
How fast should we expect to see Impeachment proceedings?  1st week.  1st month at the latest right? 

I mean, that was the big mantra from Dems, time and time again, both on their stump speeches & in the AM talk shows.  So obviously they meant what they said, right?

I mean, it wouldn't have been a political ploy, maligning the president during a time of war, just for the hope of scoring policitial points, right?  That'd be pretty disgusting if it were.  Perhaps some good fodder for 2008 campaign speeches by the right, even

We are saving Bush for the Hague. We dont want to warn him by impeaching him, tho , you silly goose.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 01:59:04 PM »
Maybe.

We'll see.

Having a bad day?  Angry the nation is showing you that it is not happy with your cult leader?  I understand.  I was angry when Dean lost the primaries.

Don't give up.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 02:05:17 PM »
Then obviously she didn't mean what she said regarding her claims of Bush & the war, and doesn't believe he actually did lie us into the war.

Actually, Pelosi was one of the few Dems that has (apparently) never claimed that Bush "lied us into war." At least, I've never a quote from her making that claim.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 02:08:05 PM »
Actually, Pelosi was one of the few Dems that has (apparently) never claimed that Bush "lied us into war." At least, I've never a quote from her making that claim.

Perhaps not specifically "lied us int war", but pretty much everything else, including most recently how "dangerous" Bush was.  I can find some quotes for you later this evening, if you wish Ami

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »
Oh, it is so sad to see sirs having to backtrack.

What is the world coming to?  A world (so clearly "conservative" and supporting the war) is voting Democrat and not happy with the way the war is going and SIRS is having to backtrack on some hyperbole.

Wonders never cease.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 02:32:17 PM »
Oh, it is so sad to see sirs having to backtrack.  What is the world coming to?  A world is voting Democrat and not happy with the way the war is going and SIRS is having to backtrack on some hyperbole.

What the frell?  Is not Pelosi the speaker of the House for the Dems?  Is Pelosi the ONLY person I was referring to in my initial query?  Is there not a throng of DC Dems who have perseverated on the "Bush lied..people died" form of accusations? 

Are you now backtracking as what the Dems were saying?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:47 PM »
Is lying to the American people a crime?

Personally, I think they ought to start with opening up Cheney's Energy meetings and go through all the Veep's records. He's deep in it and they'll find out what once they get to searching.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
I was just talking about how you were having to backtrack on your Pelosi statement about her saying "Bush lied us into the war".

That's all.

Its' just an election, dude.  Nobody's going to send you to a gulag or anything.

Mucho

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »
Oh, it is so sad to see sirs having to backtrack.

What is the world coming to?  A world (so clearly "conservative" and supporting the war) is voting Democrat and not happy with the way the war is going and SIRS is having to backtrack on some hyperbole.

Wonders never cease.

Dont discourage him , Brass. I expected and am truly enjoying his incessant loser whining.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »
Is lying to the American people a crime?

But if people died as a result of these "lies" is not that an impeachable offense?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »
I was just talking about how you were having to backtrack on your Pelosi statement about her saying "Bush lied us into the war".

I NEVER said Pelosi said ANYTHING, outside of her claims of Bush & the war.  YOU brought Pelosi into the discussion
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:15:57 PM by sirs »

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 03:15:22 PM »
For going to war?

What would you charge someone with for that, if you actually believed it were true?

Some people said that about Clinton and Kosovo as well. Jay (wonder where he is now) who used to be around and then ran that blog with Jane used to have a litany of reasons why Kosovo was a war Clinton lied us into. Even if you believe it, what charge are you going to use?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.