Author Topic: What will it take to get through to you people?  (Read 4625 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What will it take to get through to you people?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
I'm not.  The thought of Palin being behind the Resolute Desk in the event of another 9.11 makes my hands shake.  And frankly, I find it suspect and insulting that you are trying to appear that it doesn't trouble you in the slightest.

How do you know that she will choose that desk to appoint her Oval Office?

I find it insulting that you feel like you can read BT's (or anyone's) mind.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 03:13:11 PM »

Whatever.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »

I've watched all ten minutes of it repeatedly.

Now you want to give me specifics about her responses that you think are so horrible?

A) There's no coherent thought behind the words that come out of her mouth.

B) She's checking her note cards.

C) This is utter BS, BT.  If this was anyone else in politics, I'd come to the same conclusions and consider someone who responded to a direct question about a specific subject in this long, rambly, nonsensical manner.  I'm moving towards utter contempt for your attempts at Rovian BS.  You think by asking me to give you specifics about her "responses" that when I don't give you some kind of specific negative about what is tantamount to a highschool freshman cheerleader trying to pack a bunch of words into a response about the bailout that means that I am just throwing stones at a perceived opponent.

I'm not.  The thought of Palin being behind the Resolute Desk in the event of another 9.11 makes my hands shake.  And frankly, I find it suspect and insulting that you are trying to appear that it doesn't trouble you in the slightest.

Barak Obama's tax plan has this same problem , did you notice that?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
Have contempt if you want. Have contempt for the people of America she symbolizes.

Meanwhile you still haven't come up with anything more concrete than that you don't like the way she expresses herself. If you don't "like" her say so. But let's skip the part about how you are so worried about the future of this country wrapping yourself in the flag skeered that the world would end if she somehow found herself sitting in the Oval Office. The country doesn't run like that, and executives don't manage like that.

And your reliance on style, she looks at her notes, she is trying too hard so her response isn't fluid, is superficial at best.

BTW Obama doesn't do so well when he is thrown off script. The lipstick and the pig remarks were so garbled, so out of character with his normal speech that i started thinking he had more in common with W than you arnd your ilk would ever be comfortable with. The guy damn near stutters.

Harry Truman wrote to his wife that once he learned what everyone did , the job of President shouldn't be any harder than running Jackson County.

I tend to think that executive skills are scalable. And people with a solid core have a tendency to rise to the challenge.

So no I wouldn't be worried if Palin was elected VP , nor would i be worried if she ascended to the Presidency.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 05:03:58 PM »
Have contempt if you want. Have contempt for the people of America she symbolizes.

Don't worry.  I will always have contempt for people who know they are unqualified for a position they seek and continue to seek it to the endangerment of all.

I will always have contempt for middle managers who don't know anything about the business they are part of but seek to run said business.

Meanwhile you still haven't come up with anything more concrete than that you don't like the way she expresses herself. If you don't "like" her say so. But let's skip the part about how you are so worried about the future of this country wrapping yourself in the flag skeered that the world would end if she somehow found herself sitting in the Oval Office. The country doesn't run like that, and executives don't manage like that.

This is the point, BT.  She doesn't "express" a god damned thing, my friend.  She utters not one coherent, relevant statement in her response.  Only those who have an agenda hear anything other than babbling to fill the air.

And your reliance on style, she looks at her notes, she is trying too hard so her response isn't fluid, is superficial at best.

BTW Obama doesn't do so well when he is thrown off script. The lipstick and the pig remarks were so garbled, so out of character with his normal speech that i started thinking he had more in common with W than you arnd your ilk would ever be comfortable with. The guy damn near stutters.

I am so tired of this total horseshit meme of Obama needing a teleprompter or responds to questions with pat answers.  It's a lie that you are continuing to perpetuate.

It is true that the other night I noticed some of the uhuhuhuh that he uses before starting his thought but that is not the same as choking and not expressing anything of import following the pause.

And again, the hypocrisy of being ok with Palin referring to notes in a one-on-one then epically failing to sound coherent then in the next breath condemning Obama for using a teleprompter during a speech (like every other goddamned president has done for the last 200 and some odd years in some form or another) and having uhs as part of his speech pattern after praising Bush as a great communicator for 8 years is totally beneath contempt.

Harry Truman wrote to his wife that once he learned what everyone did , the job of President shouldn't be any harder than running Jackson County.

I tend to think that executive skills are scalable. And people with a solid core have a tendency to rise to the challenge.

So no I wouldn't be worried if Palin was elected VP , nor would i be worried if she ascended to the Presidency.

I bet Harry Truman would be able to expound on the bailout right now without note cards were he to be re-animated right at this very second.  Trust me, this is not personal with Palin.  I suspect that I would totally choke at times with certain questions just like she did but I'm not the damned governor of a state who is the GOP pick for VP right this second.

And trust me, it took me a minute to come up with another SCOTUS case other than Roe V Wade.  I finally came up with Brown V Board of Education but again, I'm not running for VP right this second.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 05:07:22 PM »
=======================================
Insulting? Who is insulted here? You?

Presumptuous, yes, but insulting?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 05:14:35 PM »
=======================================
Insulting? Who is insulted here? You?

Yeah. That's what the words "I find it insulting" mean.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
Why would YOU be insulted by him thinking he knows what is on BT's mind?

Can you explain that?  I find it baffling ???

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »
Why would YOU be insulted by him thinking he knows what is on BT's mind?

Can you explain that?  I find it baffling ???

For the same reason that Brass found what BT was thinking insulting.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
I give up.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »
I give up.

Good. Explaining a figure of speech is useless, anyway.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 11:43:02 PM »
This is the point, BT.  She doesn't "express" a god damned thing, my friend.

Nonsense. She handled the Davis question well. I wouldn't have used the word recuse, i would have used blind trust but other than that she got it right and expressed it well.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »
This is the point, BT.  She doesn't "express" a god damned thing, my friend.

Nonsense. She handled the Davis question well. I wouldn't have used the word recuse, i would have used blind trust but other than that she got it right and expressed it well.

Ok 1 out of 100 isn't bad.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 06:53:01 PM »

Actually of all her answers the Russia was across the border answer was the weakest.

She should have said governors usually are not involved in foreign policy. But they are in volved in trade missions and multinational contracts with which she has experience and which Obama doesn't.

As long as Obama thinks he is running against her, she should run against him.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »

Actually of all her answers the Russia was across the border answer was the weakest.

She should have said governors usually are not involved in foreign policy. But they are in volved in trade missions and multinational contracts with which she has experience and which Obama doesn't.

As long as Obama thinks he is running against her, she should run against him.

Really?

That bailout question was a home run?  Really?  I was cringing on every clip and I WANT them to lose.

Funny though, I felt no pity for her like I usually do when politicians are stumped.  These were softball questions.  She couldn't name one paper?  One paper?  Shopper's news?  Wall Street Journal?  Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman?  Nothing?