Author Topic: The Buffoons Aren't Laughing at Peter Schiff Anymore  (Read 2960 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Buffoons Aren't Laughing at Peter Schiff Anymore
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:43:55 AM »
The Buffoons Aren't Laughing at Peter Schiff Anymore
Posted by Karen DeCoster at September 28, 2008 10:11 PM

For years I watched Peter Schiff appearing on the MSM, being ridiculed by the clowns who shot him down because he was just some gloomy guy who had a bummer outlook (a nasty "contrarian") and wanted to throw a dash of stodgy common sense into the Bubblemania machine that was gripping America. Time after time he was shot down by incompetent, uneducated, follow-thy-masses boob commentators and fellow analysts on FOX, CNBC, and elsewhere.

Schiff does not have ESP. He is not a forecaster throwing darts at a target. He is not some guy with a gift of unexplained perception. He is a discerning guy who understands basic economics and finance, and applies his education to his livelihood and sticks to his principles, in spite of the direction the mainstream tide is turning. I chuckle when I watch some of the old Schiff appearances, such as this one on FOX from December 2006.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoB4BS7CGAw[/youtube]

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/023191.html
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Buffoons Aren't Laughing at Peter Schiff Anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:59:04 AM »
OMG!!

thank you

I can`t even describe what I`m feeling now

all those guys laughing at peter is almost stunning to be
I can`t thank you enough.
seriously
thank you again

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »
isn't Peter Schiff a big "buy gold and silver" guy?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:22:52 AM »
I don't know who was laughing at Peter Schiff before, but I didn't even know who he was.  I saw him on the weekend debating another economist on CNN and it was immediately obvious to me that this was one smart son of a bitch.  I was very favourably impressed with what he had to say, in fact I referred to him in another thread here but without his name, since I remembered only the first part of it.

I think right now that Peter Schiff and Pat Buchanan have the clearest views on this bailout that I have seen to date.  I'm convinced that the bail-out will pass into law but I'm equally convinced that since the root causes have not been addressed, it's just a bandaid on a festering wound and the Big Crash has just been postponed for two more years at best, or not at all at worst.

Last night I watched some news commentary on the amended bill, and I just about choked on my sugar-free coffee cake when some ass claimed that the bill makes it crystal clear that there won't be another bail-out.  This is like the parent who tells his kid after the second crash, "Next time I'm taking the keys."   The only conceivable reason there won't be a bail-out next time will be that the Treasury will have finally been cleaned out.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »
"it was immediately obvious to me that this was one smart son of a bitch"

It's great to see Michael speak glowingly of a free market guy that endorsed a
Republican for President & has endorsed a Republican in the Senate race in New Jersey!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
<<It's great to see Michael speak glowingly of a free market guy that endorsed a
Republican for President & has endorsed a Republican in the Senate race in New Jersey!>>

Never said they were right on everything and I can't see how their endorsement of a Republican for President, if they both gave it, could have been anything other than a "hold your nose and vote" endorsement.

Knutey

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:23 PM »
"it was immediately obvious to me that this was one smart son of a bitch"

It's great to see Michael speak glowingly of a free market guy that endorsed a
Republican for President & has endorsed a Republican in the Senate race in New Jersey!

Schiff is a Ron Pauliac http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff He may  may have endorsed some Repugs , but obviously not the current Repub Pres candidate. The Senate "Repub" candidate was another kooky  Libertarian type called Murray Sabin. He lost. Y'all love to torture the truth almost as much as you love torturing people

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
The internet of full of these gloom and doom clowns who always tell you that the financials are going to Hell in a handbasket, and all you need to do is subscribe to their expensive service or buy their marvelous book.

Every once in a while, like a broken clock being right twice a day, they are right. Then we are told that "the bufffons aren't laughing at (fill in a usually Eastern European-sounding name) any more.

If you really like these guys, subscribe to the Sovereign Society. They have one doom and gloom fool every day. They tell you how patriotic they are and then tell you how to hide your money in some foreign bank. Their special newsletters, most of which Hulbert (the expert) has never heard of, cost in the thousands per year. Their books range from 29.99 to 99.99.

I would never take their advice on politics or anything else.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
Well, I don't know Peter Schiff's background, but I saw that he had written several books and both the host and the other expert appear to have read at least his last one.  The other expert, BTW, was extremely deferential to Peter Schiff even though he disagreed 100% with him and I think may even have been his student at one time, which might have explained it.

All I can say is that he made a very favourable impression on me.  I don't think merely calling the guy "gloom and doom" is necessarily an indictment, because gloom and doom seems to be the future of the U.S.A. if it continues on its present path, for which both Democrats and Republicans are responsible.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 02:01:39 PM »
While I agree with the appraisal of "gloom and doom" as being a viable one given that the current borrow and squander regime is fighting a very expensive and graft-ridden war on credit, I recognize this as a common thread in financial newsletters, usually touting butterfly spreads, short selling, forex, puts, calls, wombat jelly futures and sasquatch memorabilia.

I confess to never having heard of Peter Schiff, as they say in Spanish "en su casa le conocen" (in his house they know him).

I pay about $200 a year for an excellent mutual funds newsletter, and they have generally helped me stay ahead of the S&P 500, so I take their advice. Too much advice is worse than none at all, or 'hunches', I have found.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »
the problem with peter schiff is he said exactly what`s wrong with just a touch of emotion.
and it doesn`t help that it took years to prove him right.
sad part is it`s a fairly straight forward message .(quit spending money you don`t have)
and somehow he`s considered somebody to laugh at.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
Here is a prediction:  This is a great time to BUY stock.

Here is another: There will be worse declines in the market than this one.

I am entirely 100% sure that each will prove to be a great prediction, because there is no doubt that most stocks will rise greatly after the current slump.

It is also true that the market will tank.

The trick is knowing precisely WHEN.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
"Y'all love to torture the truth almost as much as you love torturing people"

please show me where anything I stated about Peter Schiff was not correct?

but i know the truth is like torture to you.

btw.....i like to torture people as much as you like to surrender.

Knutey

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »
"Y'all love to torture the truth almost as much as you love torturing people"

please show me where anything I stated about Peter Schiff was not correct?

but i know the truth is like torture to you.

btw.....i like to torture people as much as you like to surrender.

It wasnt incorrect , but it was, and was intended, to be misleading just like the rest of the bullshit you RWers spew.
I am glad you admit to liking to torture people. I prefer to call what I want negotiating in the real world.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
"It wasnt incorrect"

just like I thought, a liberal bitching about the truth!