Author Topic: Brinkley vs Cook  (Read 1603 times)

Cynthia

Brinkley vs Cook
« on: October 11, 2008, 12:30:14 AM »
Ok, I have always liked Christy Brinkley through the years. In fact, someone once told me that I have her smile.

But, she's not a forgiving human being imo.

I am listening to the 20/20 program on the Christy Brinkley divorce scandal. You know what, Ami...you were right. She had affairs and was forgiven for more than a second in time. What she did to her husband Peter Cook was wrong. They had children and a loving father who made a mistake. I don't respect her side of this issue anymore.

I know he had an addiction, but to hear his side of the story tonight with Barbara Walters, I have to say that he seems so very sincere and was apparently lonely in the marriage. What a world in which we live...:( People make a choice to get married and they throw the entire institution away. When children are involved---shame on both of these partners in the case of the Brinkley star who lost her stud.

Wow. What a story. Women can be cold and heartless when they think they are 'ABOVE' others in some way or another.

Clearly, this man is a good man......who made a mistake. My gosh, even Clinton made a mistake.

I applaud Peter Cook..why? When I heard him tell the viewers that he "settled" for the sake of his children.

He was a good man......Ami.....man, you're on target sometimes.
I didn't believe you when you and I spoke about this issue once upon a time.

but, now I see it.

No one is perfect. But everyone deserves to be heard---especially in a marriage. 

Ok, so now on the 20/20 program is the profile of B-Spears. Sexy? Provocative and hot?

No wonder men are weak....:LOL: not that Spears is the hot chili of the hour...but in this day and age (perhaps it has been the same temptation since the edge of time) but young women and girls are not the only ones who are affected by the media of what is "cool" or sexy.....men have the temptation of sex probably more times than not in this world of the techno driven flash driven society.

Ok....off my soap box...and btw...nothing wrong with sex....or temptation....nor is there anything wrong with a man who strays. . or women.

But, when they try to make peace with the mate they have chosen for life, as Peter Cook has done...then there has to be some room for balance.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:50:56 AM by Cindy »