Author Topic: Best of the Best  (Read 1344 times)

BSB

Best of the Best
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:22 AM »
People argue back and forth about what the best weapons are for home defense, deadly military operations, and so forth. If you want to know from the best, Larry Vickers is the one to listen to. He is the premier weapons expert in the United States.

BSB

=============

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

Recently Larry Vickers and Aaron Roberts of Blackwater U.S.A. have teamed up for an exciting new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. show called Tactical Impact.

From clearing a house to mounting a night assault on a fortified enemy, each episode of Tactical Impact will examine a real life tactical problem and the arms, accessories and tactics to prevail. Unlinke traditional shooting shows that focus on gun reviews, features and interviews, Tactical Impact looks through the eyes of the guys who have really been there to tell the intriguing stories about the guns that have changed our world.

http://www.vickerstactical.com/

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best of the Best
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 12:44:43 AM »
So what does Vickers recommend for home defense?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:54:30 AM »
Well that's up to you, XO. You read, pick up what you pick up, and go from there. I'm just pointing to the moon, as the Buddhists say, you're the one who has to experience the view.

richpo64

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:49:41 AM »
A shotgun is the best weapon for home defense. Hands down.

BSB

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »
To your first URL, plane, all I can do is shake my head. They're trying to make criminals out of all of us. It's a damn shame.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
Every time they have a gun show, the main draw is that everyone's favorite weapons of mayhem and destruction are about to be outlawed. Every new government, every election, provokes the same dire news. And yet, there is everything anyone could wish at the gunshow including some of the scariest people anyone could ever meet. Even their tattoos are threatening.

It's like a zoo for freaks, only the zoo costs $6.00 and the gunshow is now charging $8.00.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »
My view is that you need a weapon that is intimidating to an intruder, so intimidating they will either run for their lives or try to "one up you" and draw their own weapon and you can then justifiably KILL them and not maim them so they can come back and sue you, etc. (See Bernard Goetz et al).

To this end, a double-barreled 10 or 12 guage shotgun serves nicely. Sawed off even better, if you have vision issues. In this case, a head shot isn't even necessary.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:04:28 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

BSB

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
>>And yet, there is everything anyone could wish at the gunshow including some of the scariest people anyone could ever meet.<<

Couldn't tell you, XO, I've never been to one. Probably no scarier then the people at a PETA convention though.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
Boy, if that ain't the likely truth
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »
For a while we had an "Assault wepon" ban which forbid certain features on rifles.
Features ,of course, unconnected in any way with crimes , just a diffrent look.

BSB

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »
>>"Assault wepon" ban which forbid certain features on rifles.<<

Right, bayonet lugs, flash suppressors, and so forth. What did they think, you were going to fix bayonets at the range? 

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
Right, bayonet lugs, flash suppressors, and so forth. What did they think, you were going to fix bayonets at the range? 

They thought that there was a severe problem with drive-by bayoneting.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »

They thought that there was a severe problem with drive-by bayoneting.

This is the first step twards anti- sharp - stick laws.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 02:09:23 AM »
Couldn't tell you, XO, I've never been to one. Probably no scarier then the people at a PETA convention though.

=========
I have never been to a PETA convention. I question that they actually have conventions. But I am sure that if they do, a gun show would have vastly more weapons.