Author Topic: Rejecting the Liberal Media  (Read 2958 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Rejecting the Liberal Media
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »
This is not a rejection of the "liberal media"......One result is that people are less well informed about community and government, and that is not a good thing, either.

LOL....meaning the masses are not being properly "educated" in the ways of the NYT, and how bad the GOP & Bush is and how great the Democrats & Obama are supposed to be.  Yes, how terrible
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 04:24:35 PM »
I'm sure alternative news outlet's like Fox News and the internet have played a part in the decline Henny. However, the decline started 20+ years ago. It's the same with the major televisions network news programs. They've been losing viewers steadily for a long time. I'll agree that there are other factors, but it starts with the extreme liberal bias found in all the dinosaur media.

No, it has nothing whatever to do with any bias. You for example, never read any liberal paper and I doubt any paper at all. You listen to Rush.

The newspapers have always made most of their money from ads, and classified ads were the most profitable of all, The Miami Herald, that endorsed John Anderson, George HW Bush, Clintor, Juniorbush once and no one the second tie and finally Obama, had something like 30 pages of classified ads in 1977 when I first started reading it on Sundays. Now it has under eight, not counting the car dealer ads.

It is ad revenue and dwindling readership, and it has nothing at all to do with any sort of bias. The Manchester Union Leader is down just like the Miami Herald and any liberal or conservative paper you care to mention. It's not that people are tired of reading biased news. They are tired of reading, period.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
The opening post has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. It's about the cost to the print news by whats become a better way to catch advertising for jobs, houses, apartments, cars, and so forth. You can now go online for all that stuff, and get the news also.   

BSB

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 08:31:17 PM »
>>"educated" in the ways of the NYT, and how bad the GOP & Bush is<<

Anyone who needed the NYTs to realize how bad Bush is after our first 6 to 8 weeks in Iraq was a lost cause anyway. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 04:02:27 AM »
Well, that'd be one opinion
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »
LOL....meaning the masses are not being properly "educated" in the ways of the NYT, and how bad the GOP & Bush is and how great the Democrats & Obama are supposed to be.  Yes, how terrible

No, not meaning that at all. I meant that those who read no newspapers at all , whether they are liberals, conservatives or whatever, know less about everything. They may believe that supreme court judges are elected by the people, they may believe that the constitution is against free speech, or guarantees free cookies on Tuesdays or that American Idol is a political post. Reading even a bad newspaper will inform peope better than none at all.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »
Reading even a bad newspaper will inform peope better than none at all.

There are other methods of gaining information than newspapers.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

richpo64

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »
>>No, it has nothing whatever to do with any bias.<<

Of course it does. You are simply forced once again to defend and excuse anything liberal regardless of any facts presented.

>>You for example, never read any liberal paper and I doubt any paper at all. You listen to Rush.<<

You for example, have no idea what I read, so your comment is nothing but libel. As for your obsession the Rush Limbaugh, I certainly do listen. You listen to Bill Mayer and John Stewart, two professional fools. Given the quality of the competition, Rush wins hands down.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »
Reading even a bad newspaper will inform peope better than none at all.

There are other methods of gaining information than newspapers.

Precisely

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 11:28:06 PM »
And still, even a bad newspaper is more informative than none at all.
Newsmagazines and other magazines can also be very useful., as can a few TV shows NPR and some websites.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »
You for example, have no idea what I read.

I, for example know very well what you read, which is damn near nothing. You are full of crap on every issue and the type of crap you are full of is Limbaugh dittohead  crap.

Then you dilute it through your 13 year old mind and spout it back like a cat hacking up a hairball.

richpo64

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
>>I, for example know very well what you read, which is damn near nothing.<<

Once again, you have no idea what I read. For some reason libtards like you seem to think they can see through walls and read people's minds, when in reality you wouldn't know shit if you stepped in some.

>>You are full of crap on every issue and the type of crap you are full of is Limbaugh dittohead  crap.<<

Once again your obsesion with Rush creeps out from within your putrid little soul. It must be hell waking up every moring thinking about everything and everyone you hate before your feet even hit the floor.

>>Then you dilute it through your 13 year old mind and spout it back like a cat hacking up a hairball.<<

Hey, that's a pretty good one. Mommy think it up for you? However, it's not as good as one ole yelowstain thought up once. Something about the rats of your conscience eating the kernels of your greed. It was really twisted. Keep trying though. You're almost as twisted as he is. You might come up with something better yet.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
Right now I am reading

"Dumb but Lucky!" by Richard K Curtis.

This is a reccolection of the greatest generation and war by a P-51 pilot.

So far it is charmingly unsophisticated and exciting , and wistfully nostalgic as the old man tells of the young , recalls the dead , relives the rage and love that shaped the course of his life and cast the path our nation would take for the next half century.

Next week , chapter two.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 11:24:29 PM »
Newsmagazines and other magazines can also be very useful., as can a few TV shows NPR and some websites.

I am not convinced this is necessarily true. The local paper, the Macon Telegraph, is a pitiful rag that takes about 10 minutes to read and yet they want 50 cents for it! And, you wonder why people go to other sources!

I find my info online and many do now. It is up to the newspaper industry to attract us via whatever methods or they deserve to go down the tubes as the Free Enterprise system demands.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

I am not convinced this is necessarily true. The local paper, the Macon Telegraph, is a pitiful rag that takes about 10 minutes to read and yet they want 50 cents for it! And, you wonder why people go to other sources!

I find my info online and many do now. It is up to the newspaper industry to attract us via whatever methods or they deserve to go down the tubes as the Free Enterprise system demands.

What the Macon Telegraph has to offer , you can read online if you would rather.

http://www.macon.com/