Author Topic: I am impressed with this comic.  (Read 7131 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am impressed with this comic.
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2012, 03:05:35 PM »
So much for any examples    ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
Abortion is legal.

so was slavery and like slavery this horror will one day end!
i am quite sure of that.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
Icky photos prove nothing. Gall bladder operations and heart transplants also make for rather gruesome photos.

The point is, a woman has a right to decide for herself what to do with her own body. Why should you have any say in it?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
No, the point is, the wreckless effort in trying to claim an unborn child is merely a "fetus", thus attempting to dehumanize that child, which many courts, across this country, have prosecuted murderers for

The "say in it", is for the human child who HAS NO SAY
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
There is no human child.

There is only a fetus.

Fetuses have no say because they cannot talk.

The woman's right to her life trumps anything that any fetus would say, if the fetus could talk, if it could, which it can't.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »
Icky photos prove nothing. Gall bladder operations and heart transplants also make for rather gruesome photos.
Gall bladders don't have fingers and little feet.
Gall bladders are not babies!
When a woman is "showing" everyone asks "when is the baby due?".
It's obvious it is a baby.
Gallbladder my ass!

The point is, a woman has a right to decide for herself what to do with her own body.
Why should you have any say in it?
When pregnant a woman's body contains another human being.
The baby has every right to live and killing a baby is not justified
because "the mother might not have enough money left over for her car payment".

It's a ghastly horror that scars America, and one day it will end.

Hopefully the numbers will continue to fall downward from this outrage upon humanity.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:44:06 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
No, the point is, the wreckless effort in trying to claim an unborn child is merely a "fetus", thus attempting to dehumanize that child, which many courts, across this country, have prosecuted murderers for

The "say in it", is for the human child who HAS NO SAY

There is no human child.

There is only a fetus.

See what I mean?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
Dozen's point is not a scientific one really.  The point is that each moment has it's own characteristics. While it's connected to the past and the future, it has its own singularity. 

A fetus is at a position of its own. While that position is connected directionally to prior and future positions, it is in its own position. An abortion takes place during that certain position along the human continuum and cannot be compared to what occurs at a future time when a human is at a different position.

BSB

Does this relate to the idea that you cannot step into the same river twice?

A human being can be imagined to be an object , but this is a very incomplete description.

A human being has a body and a dynamic aspect , a flux and change that is the cariteristic of life .

A human mind has the brain it needs to exist , it is also the constant operation that this brain is performing.

The object of a human being with no dynamic aspects present is a corpse , whose only change is decay.

The dynamic aspect of a human being without a body is extremely hard to observe, impossible to prove that it even can be.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »
I just say, let the woman decide for herself whether to give birth or not.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 11:06:43 PM »
I just say, let the woman decide for herself whether to give birth or not.

Why can't you let her decide for herself whether to become pregnant or not?

Not becoming pregnant at all is less wear and tear than having an abortion, with no internal conflict or ambiguous morality .

BSB/Hero/Genius/MovieStar

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 02:04:32 AM »
Like not stepping in the same river twice?

We can use that example. 

Every time you step into the river that moment has it's own quality. It's connected to the past and future, but it has its own unique qualities that make it different from the past and the future. To live fully you have to recognize this. If it's all just a continuation to you you're missing the boat.

Another example used in Zen is a bird that is first in one tree than another. When the bird lands in the second tree the moments prior are all gone. The bird is in the other tree now. There is no visible trail left behind. It's a totally different moment. It's connected to the past and future, but it's totally unique. If you're talking to the head monk in a zendo and you tell him you saw that bird in the tree up there fly to it from another tree, he's going to hit you with a stick. 

You can say that a fetus and a baby are the same thing until the cows come home, but they are not. The woman who has an abortion is not killing a baby.

BSB

P.S. Gun-nut and Dukakaphile should take advantage of their local abortion services. They have both been impregnated by the far right. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »
P.S. Gun-nut and Dukakaphile should take advantage of their local abortion services. They have both been impregnated by the far right.

And notice again how Anti-Constitutionalist nut, unable to refute facts & logic, is left to spew more zen-babble as his go to defense.  Far left lunacy doesn't look so good on yas, B

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »
Have I ever spoken to the same BsB twice?

A bird can learn the way to its food and the way back to its nest making its memory a valuable survival tool.

Zen masters never consider the possibility that theye are wrong?

There is more than just connection to the past and future ,although the present is uniquely the present , the present is the product of the past and the future is waiting on every choice and chance.

A tornado is the same collection of air molicules for a very short time, but it can leave a track across the ground for miles as it moves through time.

A human being is an ongoing event , in many respects diffrent from moment to moment and mobile from place to place. but there is continuity of being even for those few of us that do not preserve much memory.

If that Zen Master would smack me quite hard , might I not wear a welt over some time ? Isn't he smacking me in hope of punctuating my thinking and promoting my learning? This act is like other acts , it leaves its print in the sand.

There isn't a fundamental diffrence between a baby and a fetus, as the mind of the child moves it notices events and learns to learn.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »

And notice again how Anti-Constitutionalist nut, unable to refute facts & logic, is left to spew more zen-babble as his go to defense.  Far left lunacy doesn't look so good on yas, B

Don't dis Zen !

Yes it can be hard to follow, it can even be misused or taken in error.

But the real thing is hard to follow , not accidentally, but on the purpose of strengthening your mind.

You don't go to the gym looking for light weights do you?

Time at the gym makes all of the weights lighter.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:17 AM »
Not becoming pregnant at all is less wear and tear than having an abortion, with no internal conflict or ambiguous morality .

So what?

It is none of your business whether she bears a child or not.

Look. My mind is made up on this. You are not saving a single fetus or baby by constantly harping on this.
I am 100% okay with every pregnant woman making up her own mind and dealing with any moral compunctions, period.

You are just wasting your time.